• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why so many bronies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarious

Time Lord
    Years
    I see soooo many bronies on here with their brony sigs/avatars... Why are bronies so attracted to pokemon? Do they only use ponyta/rapidash?? I'm just curious if it's the pony pokemon that brings them here??

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    They could just like Pokemon for the exact same reasons that the rest of us do. People tend to go across many different fandoms all the time, so it's nothing special.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Do you, sir, have a problem with Bronies?

No no no, it just so happens that quite a few Pokemon fans are explicably also Bronies. Rapidash/Ponyta have seriously absolutely nothing to do with FREAKING CUTE PONIES.

In fact, I am offended as to how you would dare bring down My Little Ponies like Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash to the level of those disgusting mules set on fire.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Um, I just googled bronies and it gave me nothing. Can someone explain what a bronie even is?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Haha, I had the same though, Beechlgz.
    But I kinda get the feeling it has something to do with the My Little Pony collaborations in signatures and such.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    A Brony is an older fan of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic series. By older, I mean people ranged from teenagers to fully grown adults. Ever since the new series aired, the show has gained a cult following called, well, Bronies.
    I joined PC long before I got into MLP, so Ponyta and such have nothing to do with it. xD;

Wansen

Regal Bryant
    Years
    I thought Bronies is a combo of the word Bro and Ponies similar to BROMANCE but with PONIES infact i get the feeling that Bronies is the name of the bromance of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fans. Since most of them are male.

Edit: It also much more manly.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Well, yeah. It's a combo of those two words, but not really for those reasons. ...Sorta, but yeah. xDD;;
    It's more just like a large fanbase. A fanbase too big for it's own good. :U

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    A Brony is an older fan of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic series. By older, I mean people ranged from teenagers to fully grown adults.

What are adult female fans called?
    Fillies?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back