• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why was it so missed?

-Neji-

Something Different
    Years
    I am very excited about the up coming HG/SS games! .. but i was thinking to myself, why did we all miss it so much? .. what did the original G/S/C games have to make us love it so much?

Share your opinion why you think this is probably going to be one of the most celebrated remake of all the pokemon games, possibly of "all" the games!

My personal opinion is that i think we all liked the idea of revisiting kanto, and i had thoughts that hopefully ruby and saphire were going to revisit johto and kanto, but yeah ..

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    2 regions, the inculsion of new types, some of the most amazing Pokemon music ever, day and night, proper week system, dunsparce, quagsire, dunsparce, all the new gym leaders, misty in a labcoat wearing a bikini, and Morty.

GameplayerHGSS

Back to Johto in HeartGold...!
    Years
    The BA music that played! I'd have to say that Pokemon Gold was probably the first pokemon game that I hummed the songs to... Another reason is for Kanto! It was a game that had two regions! One that we visited in Blue/Red/Yellow, and when i found out it was in , it was.... EPIC!! Plus the pokemon trainer, RED, he was awsome it was like fighting the greatest trainer ever, and I hope they make his team so powerful that it makes Whitney's Miltank's Rollout seem like nothing (After all those loses cause of that cow) lol Theres probably more reasons why i loved Generation 2 so much, but can't think of any... Anyway I am REALLY lookin forward to these games!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think i liked it so much because it was so big and you never realy got bored plus they were the games that introduced the clock and the day and night system

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    I like them because it was my first game and as I was like 6, I had no idea what was going on for a while.

Also it had awesome music, 2 regions and also kind of having an evil rival was a new concept. Also it was the first game with colour and life in it. And it had days of gameplay, and an epic finish with Red. I dont really know the reason but in my opinion they were the best pokemon games for nearly 10 years.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    It introduced dark/steel types, day/night and real time timekeeping, breeding, hold items, all of which are massive factors in the games now. Add in the fact that the new Pokemon added weren't for the most part retarded, and were actually fairly different from the original 150, it was an AWESOME game(s).

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years

That was enough reason for me to love these games. He is by far, the coolest gym leader ever.

But another reason other than the gym leaders and a good storyline that was interesting was the whole challenge I had while playing it as a young child. It was the first video game I ever personally owned and it just has so many memories many people have of it. Not to mention I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    The RBGY games were so buggy and old-looking, that those games looked like, "alright, the older stuff were a test, THAT'S the real thing".

Also, those games introduced endless new features that actually got along with the storyline and the game itself. They made Pokemons look more "alive" with the breeding, the introduced us so many things, they gave us new Pokemons to use and yet an ability to use our old ones. They were nostalgia, while they also revived the nostalgia of RBGY without being a remake themselves. They were just so perfect, beyond anything you'd expect a GBC game to be. In many many stages it's beyond what a Pokemon game is supposed to be. Those games were simply awesome.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I guess what made me miss it most was the experience of playing through the game.
    When my GBA SP broke, Five years ago, this was one of the games I really missed.

I'll get to the point.
    No matter how many times I played through Gold and Silver, it always felt fresh, Like I was playing it for the first time..
    I guess that's why I missed it so much.

Years
    Gold was my very first Pokemon game. I loved everything about it. The storyline, the rival, the cute male playable character, the gym leaders, going to Kanto, battling Ash, the Johto region itself. If it wasn't for Gold version and all 100 new Pokemon, I wouldn't have gotten into liking Pokemon again. (I didn't know about Red version until after I played Gold for the first time at my cousin's house. It was so awesome. I've been playing the games ever since.) When I first ran into a Magikarp, it was so cool. I got so excited to see one. Chikorita was the first Pokemon I've ever had. I liked going to Kanto for the first time in GSC. I didn't know what to expect. It looked like the gym leaders got older and even Gary became the 16th gym leader. I thought that was awesome.

Johto out of all the regions is my favorite one. After seeing the screens/videos, I love how they redid it. It looks perfect. Goldenrod actually looks gorgeous! It still has my favorite rival in the Pokeworld. He looks cuter in the remake. Gold even looks cuter as well. Having the new girl makes it feel like a new game. It's like Gold is for the veterans who like to keep things the same and the new girl is for new players who want a fresh new experience. (At least that's how I see it.)

I loved everything about Johto. I loved the Pokemon. I loved all the starters. I could easily do a new game and it would still feel new. I would use a different starter each time. I loved the Pokegear and getting phone calls from trainers. I loved the legendaries. Everything about it. The music was the best. I loved how the Kanto music was different than the Johto music. Lance had an awesome battle theme, the best surfing theme, Kimono girl theme, radio music. It was awesome.

These aren't all the reasons why I missed this game, but I'll stop for now, because my post is already long enough.

~Ashley

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    The atmosphere it gave off.. the gym leaders.. the tasks that had to be done. They all leave nice memories.

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
    well it was my favorite region and because it was the only region not to be on gba or ds plus i loved the lake of rage and the bug catching contest and how you get johto too plus silver was my first ever pokemon game

Ayselipera

Because they took my two favorite regions and threw them together into one game.
    Also when they introduced the Dark and Steel types I was amazed.

Years
    For me I think it was the fact that it had 2 region, like other people have said and, that it introduced many new features to the series.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I think it's because it was the first game that I was actually introduced to pokemon and had to fend for myself. I did have Yellow but me and my sis played it (we couldn't get past Brock) together. As well, we gave it to our friends to get past Brock but Instead, they defeated the first four gym leaders and left me in fushia city not knowing what I'm doing.

That's why gold is special to my heart.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Well, Gold and Silver aren't paricularly special to me or anything, so I don't really miss them. They were good games though, and they had a really nice laid back oriental atmosphere. I hope they can capture that in the remake.

Back