• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why would you leave your country?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Many people leave their countries for various reasons, many willingly. Some leave for love, while others may leave for trivial things such as new game releases, or even for career opportunities. What would be the reasons as to why you would ever leave your country? Do you plan to ever leave? Or have you left your country already? This of course is relating to the country you were either born in, or spent most of your life in. The question also refers to leaving the country for a long time, as opposed to a holiday, which doesn't count. Oh, and, this question is about willingly leaving your country, so saying something like "because there are toxic gases" won't really count in this case, I mean, I guess it could but… I don't really see why that would make you leave the entire country—ANYWAY.

I don't really see any reason why I would leave Australia. I would prefer if people came here… but yeah, I really can't think of any reason why I actually would. :(

And yes, this question was inspired by Zet and Will's terrible posts in the DCC.

Years
    If I were to leave this country, it would be for that chance to start a new life in a completely new atmosphere. I hate the thought of confining yourself in your own home country for a very long time and I thought to myself that it really would be such an exciting experience. Of course I would need to have a certain purpose in mind for me to feel at my most motivated to do something like this.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I left my country a month ago, because of educational purposes. My father had a friend who is a professor in FEU, and I was granted scholarship. And that's how I ended up here.

But I want to go somewhere else, especially when our country I used to live is not fit for me.

Hairspray Queen

Satanoscillatemymetallics onat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2009
    I wouldn't leave my country, unless some major ****storm went down. Washington has and always will be my home.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    If I left my home country, the reason might simply be that I wanted to find something and felt that the country I was currently in could not provide it. By "something," I do not refer to material possessions. I suppose "restlessness" might be a fitting word in this case.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Scandinavian countries are the only sane ones left on the planet, so I'm likely headed there. I already intend to leave for somewhere else because my country of origin has been very poorly run since WWII.

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I'd leave at the first possible chance; I don't need a reason beyond "I hate this country."

Russia, here I come! <3

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I really can't see myself leaving my country permanently. Maybe for work, but it would have to be a really good job.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I don't ever want to leave England, but I guess if my career dream comes true I might find myself needing to leave for career purposes...
    Or perhaps if the love of my life lived in another country and I wanted to be with him... I dunno. I don't plan to ever leave permanently. ^_^

xX

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    For quite awhile, I've been planning to leave Canada once I have the money and the education to do so. But I'd be concentrating more on adventuring to another country, rather than leaving my home and native land. ^_^

Years
    I'm already in another country for my edumacation, but I don't feel tied to my country of origin (America) in particular so I'd have come here anyway. I'd go anywhere as long as I could make a living, have reasonable access to modern things like the internet and bookstores, and handle the language/cultural challenges.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    If I were to decide to leave America, it'd be just because I want to. I'd probably move to Japan and take up residence there, because the country, the culture, and the language fascinates me. Not to mention, I love anime, and manga. I am also quite sad about the degeneration of decent animation in America. Seriously, I find it saddening that the classics have died out and have been replaced with kids-aimed sitcoms, reality shows, and cartoons of very gross humor and poor comedic quality. I find that I agree a lot more with Japanese cultural ideals than I do the cultural ideals of my own country, simply because they simply don't have the extreme taboos against various subjects in childrens programming and even normal TV programming. Of course I'm aware of the inherent flaws of both cultures' ideals, and I'm ok with them.

I just want to get some more experience in a new country, and maybe be able to come back with a better appreciation of my own values if I find myself unhappy. Not to mention that I just feel as if I want to learn the language as well, so I can always enjoy things from there with an unbiased eye.

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
    If I left Australia.. that could only mean one thing. I went up, aka, dieing.​

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I love my country. <3

The only reason I could find the to leave it would be to study abroad. I'd come back though. XD

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    i would leave because i live in america, i wished i lived in japan or europe(everybody sucks in america,they dont like power metal)

Years
    Probably the only reason I'd leave the States is because I found a better job overseas. I'd love to make good money, and if I got a good enough offer, I'd probably go. But, it'd have to be really good. After moving around as a kid and leaving my country twice that I can remember, I'm really content with staying here. It really sucks, being so far from family. Not that I'm close now, but at least I can drive to Wisconsin; flying there, especially from overseas, is a lot more expensive, and therefore, not as feasible.

Back