• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why?

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Most likly not my place, nor is this the place, but i must know.
    Why All the remakes? The newest pokemon game is just a remake of the last with added stuff.

Why all the "I need tilesets/Scripts/ECT...? They are in a clearly marked thread. Why do only a few people comment on a game that is different, yet flock to the newest re-incarnation of an old game. My pokemon GX thread had constructive replies, my Phoenix Wars post doesn't have many.

Why don't half the people know when they are licked? They believe that they can create beauty without practice.

Why is there no comunication between projects? I know you don't want to give away your hard work to someone who will steal the credit, but you could give them a start, a push in the right direction.

Why aren't there any largeish teams working on a game? If we combine our talents and work togeather, we could make almost any type of game possible.

Why do people abandon thier topics and games without thought? If your topic is locked due to lack of something, Work on your game and ask for your topic to be unlocked.

Why do you think you can do what professionals can bearly do? Aside from a few gifted people here, not one of you can deliver on all you promisses. Half can't create a pokemon red clone, yet plan to have 3 new regions and over 500 pokemon... Without an engine of somesort, most are on the atari level, some not even that far advanced. I'd rate myself at the Sega Genesis level. Or even the Original Gameboy level... (I created a pong clone for GB... :P) Where do you rate?

Why is it so hard to think out of the box anymore...? We are latching onto someone else's succes and pushing it like it is new and better...

Feel free to flame me to your heart's content.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Criticism to a limit may be okay, but flaming is another matter;

Anyway, I'll do my best to answer your questions(remember, these are just my personal opinions)

1. Well, many of the games that have progressed in this forum have to do with using a pokemon style. Though this probably isn't the main reason, newcomers to game dev'ing look upon these games and have a tendancy to recreate; to become, to make the games that they so admire. Also, there're a lot of pokemon resources here, making a good start.

2.This is mainly a Pokemon Forum. People who come here IMO have more interest towards pokemon. Also, judging from some of the custom games that I've seen, most of the ones that use RTP get barely any comment. From what I've seen, people either think that games such as the above lack "profession," or just look bad. Either way, I think it's really just interest.

Anyway, I disagree with your point on games that are "different." Take DBZ games for example. They get a fair bit of posts from what I see.

3. This I don't know. It's the person.

4. Making one game is tough as it is. Though I'm not saying that communication is bad, it's just kinda hard to focus on more than one thing. That and what you've mentioned in the above.

5. I've seen this kind of question before and people who've acted upon it. However, people here live in different Time Zones, have different styles, therefore projects like these have a tendancy to die easily. It's not a matter of there not being any big projects, it's how you keep it going.

6. I don't know. It depends on the person, really.

7. The typical newcomers' mistake. Everyone learns, but I suggest that one keeps a realistic goal.

Years
  • tdata, you bring up some good points there.

1) Someone thinks that just because it is a remake, they will instantly gain a lot of attention.

2) Some people are just too lazy to actually look in the resources thread.

3) A lot of the people hear have large egos.

4) Because of a handful of people that steal and do not give proper credit

5) Some people do not want to share credit with other people. (Large ego thing.)

6) Not enough experience, or getting bored, or starting a new project.

7) Like I said, big ego.

8) Because people believe that the formula should not be altered, or person is unimaginative.

It would be nice to see some actual original games. (Whether it be Pokémon or not.) But truthfully, we need to get the Game Dev forum in it's prime again. Back when DM31 was mod, there wasn't so much crap.

Oh, yeah, this brings up a question from me: why don't poeple put custom music in there games?

Anyway, I disagree with your point on games that are "different." Take DBZ games for example. They get a fair bit of posts from what I see.
    Not really. Look at all the Pokémon games compared to the DBZ ones. HUGE gap.

Last edited:

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    :P I mean the Offical pokemon games are remakes of themselves. Why must wer re-remake them? There are a few pokemon games that are something new. Most are the same old thing.

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Here is another why.
    Why is it that we can talk about, post projects make with, write tuts for, RM95/2k(3)/Xp yet i post a link to RTPs for them, even a legal link to RMXP, and i get edited? The site i posted, is where i got the RM2K RTP awhile back. It also had tools to assist RPGmakers. Last time i was there they removed their makers but left the RTPs for RM2K(3) and the tools. So, if i decide to offer the RTP for RMXP on my Game's Homepage will i have to take down the link? I want to know. It is annoying to try to follow fluid rules.​
    So What are the limits? Define Warez. To me it is anything that is on sale in your country, yet you download it and use it without buying it. I bought RMXP, but don't like it. So i use PK's newest version of RMXP. RM2K(3) isn't on sale anywhere in my country. I did however buy the Japanese version of RM2K though a Japanese store, then patched it. All RM2K3 is, is an update. As far as i could tell, there were no copies on sale, just a download on enterbrain.​
    So, am i doing wrong? Nope. Are any other people doing wrong by downloading RM2K(3), only if it is available for sale where you live.​

Back