• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Wi-fi Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    Do you sometimes leave the battle when you are losing? Discuss.

I'm a bad person, I sometimes do. However, I do so only when my opponent has a bunch of shinies. I always wonder if the person cheated to get them, so I'm like, screw you, I dc haha. I let the other win the rest of the time though.

I read on Facebook that people who disconnect too much could get kicked out of the rankings. That seems fair to me.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I always stick it out to the end in order to be totally certain there's nothing else I could have done. If I quit early I'd always be wondering if I could possibly have salvaged the battle somehow, and I'd spend ages agonising over it.

Also because it's being a bad sport to dc early, in all honesty.

Years
    I dont do too many wifi battles, but the few I have done, I usually stink at and end up just letting them win. I get annoyed when people disconnect on me, so I try not to do it to others.

Years
    I hate when people dc when they are losing!!! Be a good sport and accept a loss its not the end of the world. I believe you should never dc mid battle because its just rude!

Years
    I forfeit, never DC. I already know I have no chance left of winning even considering crits and such. Why prolong things when we move along to our next battles?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    So obnoxious when people do this. As far as I know, when someone does this it's as if the battle never even took place, thus no one gets a win and no one gets a loss. If the battle is a legitimate one, I think it should be only fair for the person losing to stay until the end. Let that one person have the satisfaction of winning the damn battle.

Now, if it's clear the person is cheating in some way (Spiritomb with Wonder Guard, if that's even allowed through the system? Or all their Pokemon were captured with Master Balls lol, etc...) I'd say it's fair game to quit out early.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    DCing is just about as cheap as using illegal hacks. If you don't want to be a good sport play again the computer or work to improve you own game. If you think they have hacks then confront them after the match. I know on some games when you DS it records that on your record, unfortunately I have not seen this in pokemon. I remember getting dc'ed multiple times on when I used to play Megaman Starforce.

Maggazone

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I was playing on a wi-fi battle and the guy had a wondertomb so i just went go **** yourself and left the battle! (I hate it when people use hacks)

Kyoto

Hai, wanna pair? ^^
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    I don't care if they DC, cause I know I won in my heart :P

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    admittedly, i'll leave if they use cheap strategies or hacked pokemon, otherwise i'd stick it to the end, win or lose, one time i even had the honor to defeat a trainer with compromising pokemon, with my fairly trained ones

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I never DC since I hate when others do it to me

Also having a bunch of shinies =/= they're hacks

Check out the trading corner and see all of the legit shinies they have

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
    Years
    When I had wi-fi I would never DC, I mean, it takes so much effort to get into a wi-fi battle. You may as well finish it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back