• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi Names!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • Our Wi-Fi name is Dragon'sLair. It's my father's pick, but back at my old house it was NTTC.WiFi (there's a story behind that). It didn't matter since we were one of three houses out literally in the middle of nowhere, and the other two occupied by old people... ;P

Years
  • Our wi-fi name is just the default one (DIR-015, I believe), just because we never bothered to change it. I did pick up a wi-fi signal today while I was driving by an apartment named "RubySapphireEmerald," which I thought was pretty cool, and it reminded me of this thread.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • I use to have my WiFi SSID set to 'Derpy' but when I was experiencing some network issues my friends kindly pointed out that having that as the name of my network was just asking for trouble. So I changed it to 'IJDWWW'

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • RESPONDING TO MY OWN THREAD BECAUSE I CAN. :)

The name of my wifi is Destiny. It popped up in my head randomly when I got Time Warner Cable internet installed. It's also the name of my neighbor's kitty. :3

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    My Wi-Fi name is set to the default name provided by my ISP. It can be changed but it's not an easy task to do without going through many obstacles. I think they're trying to send their customers a message and that is to keep their branding intact. Nevertheless, it's definitely possible but not worth the trouble. I mostly spend a lot of my days traveling through many different places and at home my laptop automatically connects to my Wi-Fi connection so there's not much spotlight for the name.

I do see the fun in naming your Wi-Fi since there happens to be a few people who just love to check the list of available Wi-Fi.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • I live within range of the internetcafe wifi next door, which is called 'FusionWiFi' [the cafe is called fusion.] Our wifi is called 'FusionCafeServesTerribleCoffee'

It gets picked up on their computers too, so they can all see it.

Back