• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi Recording

BlaqJester

Guru
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    I don't know if this is allowed here but if not please can it moved to the proper forum.
    Im trying to record wifi battles YouTube wise and I think I have everything except one.
    Can I record the Wifi battles i saved on my main cartridge after backing up the sav file and playing it thru an emulator? I'm asking because I'm not sure if i can record from the R4i or the 3DS R4 <which I have not gotten yet do to asking this question>
    yes i know this a Noob question bu I really wanna make sure

Last edited by a moderator:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • If you have your battles saved to your cartridge and you've transferred that save to your computer, then convert it to a Desmume save file using this utility. After that, load it up in the latest version of Desmume and record; I think Desmume has built-in video capture, so you should be able to do it without desktop recording software. If not, just use Fraps or something.

BlaqJester

Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    What would I need to transfer my save file to my CPU?? I looked up the 3DS Capture Card a bit pricy but it makes this idea alot easier.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • What would I need to transfer my save file to my CPU?? I looked up the 3DS Capture Card a bit pricy but it makes this idea alot easier.
    You have a flash cart, right? You copy the save file off the same way you copied your ROM dump on.

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    You can copy your save from the cart and choose "Import Backup Memory" and choose your save. Restart the emulator, and you should have your wonderful save at your disposal. For better quality I recommend using the HQ2xS if you have a high quality screen capture program. Otherwise, record to .avi and edit how you please (make sure to only record the top screen though, but this might require you to compile DeSmuME from source.)

Back