• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wicked! Sweet!

Well, part of my school went to see Wicked recently and it got me to thinking. I live on the West Coast, and we say things like sweet and what not. Where as, on the East Coast, people tend to say different words with more or less the same meaning, like wicked. Even in other places, people say things like Cool Beans!

So basically, this is to ask about the things that people say in your town/area.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I say "boomtown". "This cake is so boomtown", "your hair is so boomtown". Other people have started saying it now too.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    We have some very..."ghetto" kids here, for lack of a better description. And there's the side of very ethical people, which I'm in. :D
    Lying is bad Derk, everyone knows you're a gangster. :(

My whole school used to say janky after one of my teachers mentioned it, but I've heard some other ones.
    Ho's, ratchet, you be trippin', dawg, you messed up, tha's gay, and 'Sup, among other things.

Pamela

The immortal Rey-in-training~
    Years
    Well, in Bawlamer, we say "Hon" a lot. And we pronounce words differently (like "Baltimore" is "Bawlamer", "Water" is "Wooder", etc.).

And I say "Shizz" instead of a certain swear word, but I don't think that's regional. Same with "aye" XD

I think the kids in my school tend to say "Sweetness" or "Sup" too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Our class had a lot of inside jokes, a some of our slang came from Adam Sandler or Disney movies, most were just random ideas, often short-lived. I vividly remember replacing profanities with the letter they started with, like "F!" or "S!", we found that amusing for awhile. Other than that I can't remember :I

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I say soda instead of pop (which is what they call it here).

I say 'no worries' instead of 'no problem'

Aussies are cool, I wish I called my break a "smoko" and I said "how ya goin'" instead of "how are you"

Bay

Years
    Where I'm from, we would say "So Cal," which is short for southern California. There are times we would say "Cali" instead of California.

Also, when I was living in the dorms my friends would say "fo sho," which means "for sure." I actually like that slang as you would call it, so I would say that time to time and also even put that in posts once in a while. :P

Years
    Just the usual Canadian "eh?" every once in a while. "Pop" instead of "soda," and I myself (not sure about others) would say "insane" instead of "awesome." For example, in guitar class when one kid just played Stairway to Heaven flawlessly on an electric guitar, I told him "dude....that was insane!" XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    'Beardy' comes to mind, used to describe some kind of shrewd move, or by extention such a person. The term seems exclusive to my town and is rare anyway.

Ayselipera

Hmm well where I live people say "wicked awesome" or "wicked cool" all the time. Then there is the occasional "mad cool" Idk, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Years
    A lot of my peers have started to say "buzzin'" as a general use word like "awesome" or something, mostly as an in-joke that none of you will get. :D

Years
    I say 'safe' when talking about something good.

'That gig was pretty safe...'

As well as a lot of swearing to express my opinions. The best way.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    The new popular term around the school, starting a few months ago, is "beasted". It's the same thing as pwn'd, but usually applies when it's between two people of the opposite gender.

Years
    I'm from California, Northern California to be specific and people here are thought to say "hella" but I only know one person who says that and only as a joke. Mostly it's just ways to talk about places like saying "the city" when you mean San Francisco. Oh, and "dude". I still hear that a lot.

I'm from California, Northern California to be specific and people here are thought to say "hella" but I only know one person who says that and only as a joke. Mostly it's just ways to talk about places like saying "the city" when you mean San Francisco. Oh, and "dude". I still hear that a lot.
    I live in Nor Cal as well. So, yeah, people will probably be saying around the same things. However, the city is too vague for my town, as there are a few different cities we could go out too. Also, speaking of San Francisco, I get to see King Tut some time this month. I think the 23rd. (:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    in the uk most people say words like 'that's sick' or 'thats legend' meaning cool, or even if they're that perfetic they swear at eachother ¬_¬

Back