• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wierd evolutions

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
    REMORAID / OCTILLERY MAKE NO SENSE

I couldn't agree more. I mean, the only thing a fish and an octopus have in common is that they live in water and they are animals.

Also I think Surskit and masquerain is also a bit weird, as one is a bug that can walk on water and the other one flies and has no "legs"; they turn into a different kind of bug...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    The Tyranitar / Salamence line always confused me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Clamperl--->Huntail/Gorebyss

I mean, how does a clam grow a tail?

Remoraid--->Octilery

How does a fish grow tentacles?

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
    whats the weirdest evolution when you evolve a Pokemon you say wtf well mine is the easiest one magiccarp into gyarados.
    if you want add pictures. edit:k then feebas into milotic

I think the Magikarp into Gyrados is the most wtf one. I mean, Magikarp has no good attacks and the worst stats ever and evolves into this dragon water-snake who has fantastic stats and wide move-pool. I mean, wtf!

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
    "hmm......... heyy, INSERT POKEMON HERE! grab thst strangly glowin and probly nuclear rock, wood u? ZOMG!1!!!11111 WHAT HAPPENED 2 U???/??"
    The whole rock/evolution thing makes no sense (thus the noob-speak). Magikarp's evolution DOES make sense, because of the whole carp-over-gate legend (which has no doubt been mentioned).

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Actually this one does in fact has a reason, the evolution path mimics that of the Antlion. It's actually kinda neat :D

However...

REMORAID / OCTILLERY MAKE NO SENSE

I already knew that, the ant lion of the dragonfly family. It's larva digs an arena like trap and waits until something falls into it. How about Burmy-Wormadam/Mothim? From bagworms to moths...

vano-m

2nd year University student
    Years
    Nosepass-Probopass

Trapich-Vibrava-Flygon.

nosepass - noot a pokemon at all. looks more like sick fantasy of paranoic wierd person... compass pokemon....

trapich`s evolutian is a real wierdd one, like pokemon itself.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Does any one want me to try and explain the evolutions or does every one just want to keep complaining without doing any research?

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    I think the Magikarp into Gyrados is the most wtf one. I mean, Magikarp has no good attacks and the worst stats ever and evolves into this dragon water-snake who has fantastic stats and wide move-pool. I mean, wtf!
    It's based on a legend that if a simple Carp jumps over the Dragons Gate, the Carp will become a Dragon.
    Thus, that's why Magikarp evolves into Gyarados.

PikaCookie

Beginning Breeder
    Years
    Clamperl to Gorebyss was a little shocking to me.
    I mean, Luvdisc looks more like it should evolve into Gorebryss than Clamperl o__o"

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Diglet and Dugtrio! Its just three diglet but okay.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Trapinch to Vibrava is an odd one in my opinion. Although Vigogoth to Slaking and Lombre to Ludicolo would get a mention for their crazy change in personalities.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2009
    Have you ever tried just turning off the TV, sitting down with your children, and hitting them?

Back