• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii - Hot or Not?

How anticipated should I be about the Wii?

• As excited as can be

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Just look forward

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • About Average

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Disdaintful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miserablly hating the day..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

michaelh

Script Ninja-in-training
Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    I should be getting a Wii next week at launch (me being British and all, y'now), that is, if GAME gets it on time. Damn Shortages. The Question is - Should I be looking forward to it, you American Gamers? Is it good? Is WiiConnect24 and the Virtual Console up to scratch (yes, I do have a router)? Anything else I should know?

Years
  • I should be getting a Wii next week at launch (me being British and all, y'now), that is, if GAME gets it on time. Damn Shortages. The Question is - Should I be looking forward to it, you American Gamers? Is it good? Is WiiConnect24 and the Virtual Console up to scratch (yes, I do have a router)? Anything else I should know?

I'm off to an event tommorow, so I can give you a full verdict then (being a british gamer)

Years
  • I should be getting a Wii next week at launch (me being British and all, y'now), that is, if GAME gets it on time. Damn Shortages. The Question is - Should I be looking forward to it, you American Gamers? Is it good? Is WiiConnect24 and the Virtual Console up to scratch (yes, I do have a router)? Anything else I should know?
    One word, YES!
    Only 7 days left till the release in Australia.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • I'm really excited becuse I'll be getting it for Xmas. Yahoo!
    I don't know if I'll have WiiConnect 24 or the Virtual Console (since I don't have wireless). But the games for it look great.
    And I am a British gamer.

michaelh

Script Ninja-in-training
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Excellent Uzumaki Kaen, sound like fun! Keep us informed. And Yay for jolly old Blighty.

Years
  • Excellent Uzumaki Kaen, sound like fun! Keep us informed. And Yay for jolly old Blighty.

Its.
    awesome.
    Seriously its worth all the hype I only played Wii tennis but I enjoyed all of it, I got beat but I was playing with my right hand and I'm left handed but its as fun as anything

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweetie, here's 3 good reasons why you should get it:
    1. It's Nintendo
    2. It's Nintendo
    3. It's Nintendo

=3

Now for non-fanboyish reasons.
    1. Unique control scheme - The controls really make the game fun.
    2. Virtual Console and Backwards comptility - You can download some classic games and play your GCN games on the same console.
    3. The games - A lot of the launch titles are good and fun.

=3

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    The Wii is hot <3 XD Okay, not that much but still! I'm hopefully getting one on Launch =]

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2006
    I was about to get a wii but didnt expect to hear the guy say "srry were sold out"

Years
  • Wii is definitely hot. I have one (I am fortunate enough to live in the U.S.), and I love it. Wii Sports, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Excite Truck are lots of fun.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I vote that "Not?" in the title of the thread be removed.

That being said, I wub the Wii, and I can't wait to get it >.<

... 4 more days for me.

Back