• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii or PS3

Wii or PS3

• Total voters

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • ...I've bought systems for one game before. A few times, actually. :D I always find other great games on the system, but it was one game that tipped the scale so to speak. I don't know why that's a bad thing unless there literally is only one good game. (I bet a lot of people here bought the Wii originally just for Twilight Princess which wasn't even an exclusive.)

Anyway...

TWEWY → Great game, but for DS.
    Mana series → Never played them, but they're for handhelds and (according to wiki), Playstation
    Paper Mario → SPM, the Wii game, took out all the RPG elements and made it a run-of-the-mill platformer. Really disliked this game as a sequel to the series.
    Dragon Quest → The most recent one came out on PS2, but I think the next main one is for... DS, right?
    Pokémon → I'll give the main games RPG status but nor PBR. The main games are DS right now.
    Sonic Chronicles → DS, says wiki...
    Final Fantasy → Remakes are coming out on DS. FF:CC for Wii. The new content? PS3 and PSP. :x

You cited some good examples but none of them for Wii. As far as I know, the only RPGs in development right now for Wii are ToS2 and the next FF:CC instalment. The main FF series (widely considered one of the best RPG franchises, especially in the Western world) is sticking with Sony. Another stand-alone Tales game is actually going to the 360. I don't see this big support for the Wii here. :/ DS, sure, but that's a different console and not part of this thread.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    But Nintendo's got ... the kick-ass Final Fantasy remakes
    Gross SD-Crystal Chronicle Graphic Style remakes? Blech.
    and soon the awesome Dragon Quest remakes.
    How about some original content? You know, not remakes, from Square? Like FFXIII? Or Birth by Sleep?
    And what Sega exclusives does the PS3 and 360 have? Sonic the Hedgehog, a steaming pile of crap.
    I think you just described pretty much everything Sega has put out since they laid the Dreamcast to rest :\

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
  • What do you think is better? The Wii or the PS3? I think the Wii because they will have more Pokemon games for it and they have SSBB.

I would go for Wii im saving up for it now.
    It's pretty good well, it seems awesome.
    The PS3 has alot and good graphics but wii has more.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    That may be the worst reasoning I have ever heard. For one thing, good craphics does not always mean a better system, examples include the Atari 2600/Intellivision+Colecovision and the NES/Sega Master relationships. Also, one good (Or great, or awesome) game does not a system make. Buying a system for on game is like buying a Blu-Ray player for one Blu-Ray movie, or buying a TV for on channel. Notcie I have made a post without digrading the PS3 in any way? That took some restraint, and an aspirin.
    I'll agree with you on the graphics stand point. But I should also note that if the graphics are really really bad it might take away from some of the enjoyment of the game. I know gameplay/story > graphics. But sometimes I found it a little hard to play Metal Gear Solid (it's a PlayStation game) due to the graphics.

As for buying a system for one game... I don't see it as stupid as long as you really want or really like that game. When I got a GameCube I had only one game on my mind and that was Super Smash Bros Melee. That was the ONLY reason why I got a GC at first.
    When the DS launched I went to the store that day and picked up a Nintendo DS on launch day. I didn't get a game until a year after getting the DS... and I'm not kidding. The DS launched on November 20th 2004, I got my first DS game on November 14th 2005 (Mario Kart DS). Sure them games weren't the only games I got for them systems, but I got the GC for one game, and I got no games for the DS.

As for WiiWare and VC games... it's not really a "plus" because the 360 has XBL Arcade and you can also download old XBox games. And the PS3 also has their own ver of both (you can download original games on the PS3, asn you can also download old PlayStation games).

Kimichi-sama

Been a long time...
    Years
  • I'd have to go with the Wii.
    ~Most of the games are awesome, though the graphics could be better.
    ~I love the wireless controlers. The Mario Kart steering wheels are enjoyable, too :D
    ~The Mii channel is fun to mess around with.
    ~Wii Fit. Challanging, yet awesome.

The PS3 sounds cool (we have PS and PS2, so I'm expecting it to be great, too) but I was never really interested in buying it. The Wii was more popular with my friends, too. Wii rocks =]

charblaze

Charmander
    Years
  • PS3 here

I had a Wii. played it for about a month (had Zelda, sports, all good games) boooooriiiing!
    I had to return it and in the end I lost 100 dollars

then i bought a PS3 with only ONE game. i bought it 1 year ago and yet I play COD4 to this day

dont waste your time, PS3 ftw

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • PS3 here

I had a Wii. played it for about a month (had Zelda, sports, all good games) boooooriiiing!
    I had to return it and in the end I lost 100 dollars

then i bought a PS3 with only ONE game. i bought it 1 year ago and yet I play COD4 to this day

dont waste your time, PS3 ftw

That is exactly what I do. My first PS3 game was COD4, and te last game I played was... COD4. Plus I got MGS4 and GTAIV. It seems like all the great "fours" are on a god-like console.

I got my Wii for Pokemon Battle Revolution way back when Pokemon and Pokecommunity ruled my life... I seriously regret dishing out 250 for PBR, Twilight Princess, and Brawl. The Wii isn't where it's at for me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...This entire thread could be divided into just two arguments so far:

1. Nintendo Wii is for kids.

2. Nintendo Wii is more interactive.

Guess which one I accuse of being immature fanboyism?

...Anyway, let's look at this: what good single-console games does the PS3 have? MGS4, most definitely. What else? Call of Duty 4? I seem to remember that also going to 360, but okay. GTA4? 360, but let's go ahead and count thst as well. So, we have three games here, two of which may have versions on other consoles. Now, I will admit that MGS4 is right to get all the hype and sales it has, but it is still only one game. In other words, only a couple (or maybe even just one, if my memory is correct) truly good exclusive games to convince one to buy a $500+ system (regardless of how great those games are).

Now let's look at the Nintendo Wii. Of course, we have to first look at Nintendo's main franchises: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Star Fox, etc. Four of these already have games out, though Zelda was also on the GCN and PBR technically needed Diamond and/or Pearl, so let's ignore those. Still, we have Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario Kart Wii here to promote the system, which should already catch the buyer's eye with the 50% price compared to the PS3. And there is still, of course, the interactive games, such as Wii Fit and Wii Sports.

Oh, and let's not forget Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

So, is the greatness of Metal Gear Solid 4 enough to trump these games on top of the system's pricetag? That is up to opinion, but I say, not quite.

How about some original content? You know, not remakes, from Square? Like FFXIII? Or Birth by Sleep?

Or 358/2 Days or the recent The World Ends With You? ......Hey, wait........

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Seeing as how I probably couldn't afford a PS3 unless I sold my kidney, I think i'll go with the Wii.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Or 358/2 Days or the recent The World Ends With You? ......Hey, wait........
    I can definitely acknowledge your first point, with the game selection. But this one... I still don't think DS games belong in this thread. :| TWEWY is my favourite game at the moment and I've probably played it alone more than my Wii and PS3 combined but... it's a DS game. This is Wii vs. PS3. :/ Whether or not third-party developers are making new and original games for DS is irrelevant here.
    wii. ( no contest ) because you cant really find ps3's anywhere!
    Really? It's still the opposite here, as far as I know. o_O; I see PS3s ALL the time but I still sometimes go to the mall, see HMV has a "We have Wiis!" sign in their window, and by the time I'm on my way back past HMV toward the bus? The sign is gone.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I love the Wii, it's a lot of fun. But alot of games I like, like Soul Calibur, Final Fantasy, etc, and on the PS3... not to mention the graphics...
    So it depends on my mood for me. : D

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • i'd choose both because:
    1.Both get internaet Connection
    2.Awsome games

But somethings I don't like about the PS3 is limetted space.

On the Wii you can interact with friends across the golbe, so i'd choose Wii over PS3

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I still don't think DS games belong in this thread. :| TWEWY is my favourite game at the moment and I've probably played it alone more than my Wii and PS3 combined but... it's a DS game. This is Wii vs. PS3. :/ Whether or not third-party developers are making new and original games for DS is irrelevant here.

I know that was irrelevant to the topic at hand, but Sawaa brought up handheld games by pointing out Birth by Sleep. I was just responding to that. In other words, *points* they started it! :p It was more of a side-note to my main post, anyway, so...

Of course, if we want to look at exclusive content on the consoles, then we still technically have Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King.

Last edited:

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Wii, hands down. Better price, better games, more fun overall.

PS3 will probably some day be worth it and I'll eventually want one. Just like PSP. When PSP came out it was the same thing as the PS3. NO GAMES, huge price tag, all-talk and no-walk. But now I'd love to have a PSP. Plenty of great games for it now and it's not severely overpriced.

Back