• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii or Revolution?

JakeEMan

Official American Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    Which name do you think is cooler? Nintendo Wii or Nintendo Revolution?

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    I like the name "Nintendo Revolution" better and think it was silly that they named it Wii, but I have learned to live with it and I understand the reasons they renamed it :) So, its Wii and looks lke its staying Wii.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    Wii. It has much more meaning.

Anyone who associates the name Wii with a pen0r is either a 4yearold in real life or has the mentality of a 4yearold.

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    are u kidding me

how is this even a fight nintendo REVOLUTION sounds so much better the nintendo wii
    if my mom heard me saying to my friend " did u get the wii?"
    she would probably think i was talking about drugs
    nintendo has to go make an awesome system like the revolution and then name it the wii what the heck is wrong with them

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    The name 'Revolution' sounds communist. Plus, it's an unoriginal, soulless, generic word. The name 'Wii' is such an awesome, in-your-face name.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Of course everyone is going to say Revolution, but I select "Wii." Short and simple. Any 7-year-old out there would have trouble spelling "revilewshun." Then again, we have people having trouble on why Nintendo decided to use "Wii." *LOL*

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Please dont start this cripe again.

It's just a name, it doesn't affect the actual product itself. And you couldn't change it anyway, even if you did want to.

And besides, Nintendo Wii is a great name :D

Years
    Wii.

People that think its crap, and want it to change bck to revolution are idiots, because Revolution is a generic name.

Wii makes for good advertisement campaigns. Something short and easy to remember unlike Xbox Three Sixtahy or Playstation Three.

Years
    Sammi posting in a game thread? NEVER! XD;; *shot*

I personally like the name Wii. It's not something you see every day, you know? I like unique things. It's also a fun name, I think. Wii~! ^^
    The name Revolution was okay, but it was rather boring, when I think about it.

My only complaint is the Wii jokes get old fast. o.o;

Years
    Revolution sounded nice, but...

I'll admit, I love the name "Wii" - it amuses me so much and so easily. Even though I scoffed at it when it was first revealed, that name's grown on me - to the point where I definitely like it better than "Revolution".

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Revolution forever. A curse on anyone who uses Nintendo's new, shameful name instead (except the mods and admins ;))

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Allstories said:
    The name 'Revolution' sounds communist. Plus, it's an unoriginal, soulless, generic word. The name 'Wii' is such an awesome, in-your-face name.
    Yes, same point.

You don't know what I thought of Nintendo when they came up with "Revolution"...

Yoko-Chan

Weirdo <.<
    Years
    in the beginning i liked Revolutoin as it was, and i thought that Wii was a kinda weird name, but i've got used to it :P so now, i like Wii the most XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I still think that the name "Revolution" better described the concept of the console to non-gamers. And non-gamers are who Nintendo is trying to appeal too.

When the Wii name was first announced I thought it was goofy. And they're reasoning behind it was goofy as well (the two i's look like people? What kind of logic is that?). However, I see the name everyday now. I hear it when I watch G4TechTV. It's not being mocked anymore, and it just seems natural now too.

It's still a bit goofy, but I actually think I like Wii better. From a PR standpoint, it's better. That name circled the web in the no time at all. And in RSS feeds and headlines THE TITLE WILL BE IN ALL CAPS AND THEN Wii WILL LOOK LIKE THAT. It stands out, don't you think?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2007
    Personally? I love the name, Wii. It's as everyone else has been saying, the name stands out... It's creative and has meaning to it. Unlike the "Revolution" that, while serving a point, seemed to be bland.

When I heard of it being named the "Revolution," I thought they were aiming to be like the rest... but upon changing it to Wii, you could see this system isn't going to be another one of those systems in the line. It has creative functions, original control system, and shamelessly... ? I can't wait for it.

Skitty-chan

Give her a hug! DO IT! > _ <
    Years
    I made a million jokes about the name Wii with my sister and she did the same with me. I loved the name Revolution. It was a promising name. So when Nintendo renamed their system Wii I was at first a little angry. But now I like it too.

Now let's just hope that how they advertise the name isn't lame...

"Look what Wii did!" XD

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    I admit, it's grown on me. From day one, I could see what Nintendo was doing, and it made a certain degree of sense, but now I've grown to like the name instead of simply analyze it.

Back