• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Never played it, or even heard of it. But a game I always enjoyed was the Legend of Zelda series. Specifically Wind Waker.
    That game was, and still is, amazing.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Although Bravely Default hasn't really appealed to me since its release, I'll still give it a shot cause I like RPGs. It's a spiritual successor to The 4 Heroes of Light, and I kinda liked that.

I haven't played Wind Waker, but I played both its sequels on the DS and I loved them.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I'd say if you enjoyed those then Wind Waker will take it to a whole new level. The DS sequels were really limited, and do really provide the immersion or innovation that came with Wind Waker. They just kinda follow on from it, bathing in Wind Waker's success XD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    "Trails of Cold Steel" (Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki) also supposedly got a confirmation from a questionable source of GAME Spain, listing a release for October 23 and being published by Namco. Which isn't too far-fetched since the domain name of Trails of Cold Steel has already been registered by XSEED and Namco has ties with Legend of Heroes series, as they localized the Gagharv trilogy. If this is true, it's great that more games in the Trails series is coming over. On the other hand, it's not a good idea to bring over the sixth game in a story RPG series, when the second game still hasn't been released.
    Oh? That would be awesome.
    It's been a while since I played something from Kiseki... especially with XSEED doing very baaaaad job at being fast in localizing SC xD

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I heard about the last half of Bravely Default not long after it came out. It completely killed any interest I might have in that game. Such a waste of time and a smack in the face to the player. :/

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Most of you probably aren't interested, but POSTAL is on sale for 49 cents right now on Steam, which is pocket change. btw, lol the deal ends at the exact same time as Hatred releases XD

Also Evolve is on sale.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Bravely Default's last half isn't that bad. Is it a cheap way to extend the game? Yes, without a doubt. But, at the very least, it provides different perspectives on some of the side characters. Thankfully, Bravely Second doesn't adopt it's predecessor last half or anything similar to it. (instead it suffers from a more critical problem, but it's something that might be slightly alleviated during the localization process.)

Oh? That would be awesome.
    It's been a while since I played something from Kiseki... especially with XSEED doing very baaaaad job at being fast in localizing SC xD
    Well, FC bombed on the PSP. So, that really killed their motivation for SC. It wasn't until FC got released on Steam that they started garnering interest. But, SC is in it's last round of Q&A. So, we should be seeing a release June - July.

Morkula

Years
    Also Evolve is on sale.
    I was so hyped for that game before it came out but as release got closer and they started outlining the gross DLC shenanigans, I lost all interest. After watching a ton of gameplay vids, it just seems like a game that you absolutely, positively, 100% need four friends to play with, all with headsets, and even then it would get old fast.

Morkula

Years
    Also Evolve is on sale.
    I was so hyped for that game before it came out but as release got closer and they started outlining the gross DLC shenanigans, I lost all interest. After watching a ton of gameplay vids, it just seems like a game that you absolutely, positively, 100% need four friends to play with, all with headsets, and even then it would get old fast.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I heard about the last half of Bravely Default not long after it came out. It completely killed any interest I might have in that game. Such a waste of time and a smack in the face to the player. :/

Much the same for me. Friends kept telling me "it wasn't that bad," but all the negative things on The Internet™ made me steer clear of it for quite awhile. I still wanted to try it, but it was hard to want to buy it.

I did end up nabbing it recently, without spending real people money on it - and no, not pirated. I still haven't gotten into it, though. I got it for free and I'm still unsure of it, lol.
    But to be entirely honest, I probably wouldn't have ever given it a second look if I had to spend $20-40 on it after everything I've heard. Which is an absolute shame; I was so excited for it the moment I heard you could turn the random encounters on and off at will, or that you could specifically grind for EXP or JP. In the end, it just sounded like failed potential.

Speaking of terrible feedback, Paper Mario: Sticker Star and PMD: Gates to Infinity are on that 'list', too. The Internet™ says they're awful, but I still wanna try them. :c
    At least Paper Mario is fairly priced for being a 'bad game', it's regularly $20 brandy new on Amazon. PMD is like $80 just because Pokemon. why does that always happen.

Most of you probably aren't interested, but POSTAL is on sale for 49 cents right now on Steam, which is pocket change.

Also Evolve is on sale.

Catlateral Damage, tho.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    One game I've wanted to play is Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. I'll have to pick it up sometime soon and play it. Or else put it on a flash drive, but eh.
    While I will always recommend buying it, I will say that emulation (...dunno why I phrased it like this, since you can do both), in this case, benefits greatly from upscaling (well, you know that much) and also has an active HD Texture project that's definitely worth looking into. Though you might want to play without them first for the sake of appreciation.

I did end up nabbing it recently, without spending real people money on it - and no, not pirated. I still haven't gotten into it, though. I got it for free and I'm still unsure of it, lol.
    But to be entirely honest, I probably wouldn't have ever given it a second look if I had to spend $20-40 on it after everything I've heard. Which is an absolute shame; I was so excited for it the moment I heard you could turn the random encounters on and off at will, or that you could specifically grind for EXP or JP. In the end, it just sounded like failed potential.

Speaking of terrible feedback, Paper Mario: Sticker Star and PMD: Gates to Infinity are on that 'list', too. The Internet™ says they're awful, but I still wanna try them. :c
    It's not unusual for negative feedback to breed a caution or a bias inside a potential consumer, it happens all the time. In the case of Bravely Default, I recommend stepping back from the game from a long time, and I mean a LONG time (a few months, half a year, a year), and coming back to it. It's very likely that, in that time, you will be...at least slightly liberated from your preconceptions and be able to play the game with a more open mind.

In regards to at least Paper Mario, I think "awful" is going a bit far. People did like the game, though it's risky ideas made it a rather divisive PM title.

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    so did anyone get the new amiibos released today?
    i got pacman, silver mario, charizard, and greninja. i have ness and the 3 pack of splatoon amiibos on order that are being shipped ^_^.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i got pacman, silver mario, charizard, and greninja. i have ness and the 3 pack of splatoon amiibos on order that are being shipped ^_^.

Bay

Years
    Like Arc, I actually like how the second half of Bravely Default has different perspectives on the job holders. I too got frustrated at first over the time loop thing, but then I heard there are new cutscenes and Ch 7 and 8 has more interesting battles, so I went forward with the rest of the game and glad I did. I guess it really depends if you're interested in some of those bosses or not. I would actually be totally happy if Ch 5 and 6 main story and extra cutscenes (since some of them are more or less the same) are added together into one chapter and then have Ch 7 and 8 with the boss rushes.

This also reminds me how several people got frustrated over Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass's many trips to Ocean King Temple and how the repetition is the big criticism too.

I pretty much come to this DDC whenever BD is mentioned lol .

I haven't gotten any amiibos throughout the different waves, but always surprised they get purchased/pre-ordered fast. And I totally forgot Splatoon is released today, haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    I think it was more that after going through one or two loops I realised nothing was changing in these interactions and got sick of repeating the same 4 bosses over and over just to advance the actual plot. I'm all for the story, it was cool, but I don't think it worked well at all for the game.

Years
    I still need to finish BD, I only got a few hours in at most and then stopped. Now I have a sense of dread regarding it. :( Don't do this to me ahhh. I want to be able to want to finish it someday!

(Although at the rate I'm going with video games currently, it won't be until next year that I get around to it.)

As for Amiibos, aside from temptation to buy any because "they look cool", I sadly have no practical use for them right now...so no Amiibos for me!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back