• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I played some kind of RPG on my phone back in the day when I had a Windows phone, it was very basic but I could take my save from there and play it online though I never did. Other than that I just play mini games to waste time.

Sir Codin

My old 3DS had a non-functioning L-button and the cost to repair it was $102, so I decided to sell it to Gamestop (keeping the L-button problem a secret of course) and ended up getting the better 3DS XL for only $20 more than I would've paid to fix my old one.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    My new 3DS XL was delivered to my house today (it's the Majora's Mask edition). Right now, I'm charging both of my 3DSs before I could begin transferring data. I'm not sure if the new 3DS XL will ask me to make a Nintendo Network ID, despite already having one myself, once you initially turn it on.

Sir Codin

My new 3DS XL was delivered to my house today (it's the Majora's Mask edition). Right now, I'm charging both of my 3DSs before I could begin transferring data. I'm not sure if the new 3DS XL will ask me to make a Nintendo Network ID, despite already having one myself, once you initially turn it on.
    It doesn't. My new one didn't ask me for my Nintendo ID.

If anyone knows how to link a new 3DS to an existing Nintendo ID, let me know, because it would save me a lot of money on VC games and Fire Emblem DLC.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I was able to transfer all of my data from my old 3DS onto my new 3DS XL, including the games I've got from the ambassador program, so it's now just an empty shell.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    It doesn't. My new one didn't ask me for my Nintendo ID.

If anyone knows how to link a new 3DS to an existing Nintendo ID, let me know, because it would save me a lot of money on VC games and Fire Emblem DLC.
    If you didn't transfer from your old one to the new one, there's no way short of contacting Nintendo to get your old data back. I think they can actually do it if you give them your NNID though - but don't quote me on that. Nintendo's digital content policies are so archaic and asinine.

Sir Codin

Well, I can live without the VC games since I wasn't really playing them much anyway.

Fire Emblem DLC is a no hassle, so I'll just start from scratch.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I got the MH n3DS XL at launch. It's pretty similar to the old XL in size but it definitely seems more powerful, and the 3D is greatly improved. Transferring wasn't much of a hassle either.

Sir Codin

I don't see any point in getting a New 3DS.

I don't do Amiibo, that second circle-pad looks too small for my thumb, and I'm not paying $200 additional dollars for a minor CPU upgrade.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I've been thinking about upgrading but I just can't justify $200 for such a minor upgrade when there aren't even any games other than Xenoblade coming out for it - and I have Xenoblade already and haven't beaten it. I had planned on doing GS's trade in deal and trading in one of my old 3DSes, but since they only had enough for preorders, that didn't happen.

So I'll probably just wait and see if there are any exclusives coming out for it that interest me.

Years
    I have an unopened Xerneas/Yveltal addition 3DS that I could trade in, but when I went last week it turns out I could only get the New if I had pre-ordered...which I hadn't. So it's not too likely that i'll invest unless there ends up being games exclusive for them, at least for the time being.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I've been thinking about upgrading but I just can't justify $200 for such a minor upgrade when there aren't even any games other than Xenoblade coming out for it - and I have Xenoblade already and haven't beaten it. I had planned on doing GS's trade in deal and trading in one of my old 3DSes, but since they only had enough for preorders, that didn't happen.

So I'll probably just wait and see if there are any exclusives coming out for it that interest me.
    Fair enough there! For myself it was partly just treating myself (I usually save quite often), and partly because I really enjoy MH and liked that design when I first saw it announced for Japan. As with Xeno while I have played (and beaten!) it it was a copy lent by a friend, so I wouldn't mind actually being able to support the franchise and replay it as well at my own leisure. Would be nice knowing what other games come out that would be exclusive to it all the same.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I have a small 3DS and I'd like to have an XL, so getting a N3DS makes sense to me. I also really like the look of the red one and I want to play Xenoblade, so I'm sold on it.

Castaigne

欠 を 食べる
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    I have a 2DS so I was really excited when they announced the new 3DS because I thought they looked great and I really liked the face plates. Then NOA screwed us and said they were only releasing the XL because they didn't want to confuse the market. Like, really? You called it the "New 3DS" which is the only confusing part about that entire release lmao. New is too common an adjective to use as part of your product name.
    Anyway at some point I will likely get a New 3DS but I have Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii so I'd rather beat it on there.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Like, really? You called it the "New 3DS" which is the only confusing part about that entire release lmao. New is too common an adjective to use as part of your product name.

I totally agree with this, I thought it was dumb from the start. At least call it 3DS Plus or something like that.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I still have my 3DS which I got on release day in 2011 and it still does its job pretty well. I also hope that it'll keep on working for quite a while, as I'm not really inclined to buy one of the New 3DS ones.

It's kinda funny, though, that I seem to be one of the few people who actually liked the original 3DS more then every later installment, like the 3DSXL or 2DS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back