• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The new splash made the whole thing actually even more unscary then it was before.
    (not that I get scared by horror games, I just don't like jump scares; seriously!)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    W̷̠̭̬̪̠ḛ̩͇ ́a̟̤ŗ̦͖͍ͅe̢̺̯͔ͅͅ ̢̗͓̞̝s̢̗̫̘̣̬̪t̞͕ḭ̮̪ͅl̻ͅl͔̭̝̭̟̪ ҉̣̺̩͓̥h̞e̡͈r͙̰̪̳̩e̻͍̙̰̩͖̕.̰̖͖̦͚̤́.̮̪̣̭.̴
    □l͇͎̬͙̼̣i̝̗͍̮̜̻̞ █ p̯͖͜y ̺̝͎̗̱ █ l͜a̛̮p̵̺̦̟□e̡̯̙̦͇͙̮a̭̘̥͖r̳'҉̰̣̙̟ş̯̭̠̥̱̤̩ ͈͚͡P̥̠̟͎̳ █ zz̨̮̝̟̖̱̗̞□

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Majora's Mask 3D has been out for awhile now. I update it as games are released. If you'd like to see something new in the Splash though, VM me the image and I'll see if it even fits. Gotta fit. ;)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Oh, Rika's in the Gaming section? Welcome!

In regards to Dragon Ball Xenoverse, I bought it at launch and have no regrets. The voice direction is- oh, Spinosaurus seems to have gone pretty in depth with it. Whelp, nevermind then, I'll just say that the game is definitely a DBZ fan's game and, despite all the ideas included being new to Dimps, they handle it pretty well. The game only got better as I played and considering it was $50 instead of $60, it was a little to tantalizing to pass up. I'd certainly say it's better than the many Spike (specifically, Raging Battles 1 and 2 and especially the terrible Ultimate Tenkaichi) and Artdink (Battle of Z) games we've gotten recently.

^The new splash ain't scary.
    I'd agree if FNAF wasn't completely bad for my health. I managed to avoid any horror...anything (movie, game, book, or otherwise) for 8 years (which, for me, is somewhat of a sizable chunk of my life), and when I decided to get back into it in October, I chose FNAF to be the first thing to break the horror ban.

Regardless of whether someone thinks the game's scary or not, that was a bad idea. I got out of horror because I'm an extreme overthinker, so it sticks. Been trying to avoid it ever since- which is sad, because I think it's a well-designed game and actually quite admire it, but if I see more of it I might actually die.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    It's funny how there's a backlash on indie horror games like Freddy's and Amnesia, when these are the same people who wish that the horror genre was back to its scary roots after an oversaturation of action horror games, which are not-so-scary, much like how they want pure original horror movies rather than sequels/remakes of previous horror IPs but are bashing Unfriended, which is an original horror flick.

So word on the street is that Rock Band is coming back from the dead.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I know most people here aren't PC gamers, but no thread on Steam announcements? As in, zilch?

I'm definitely getting the Steam Controller. A Steam Machine is tempting, but the fact the most basic Alienware one starts at $479, and according to reviews of the Windows-based one it isn't too great, means it isn't a good investment at all. I think Steam Machines are gonna be good only if your primary goal with them is gaming.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    What makes something scary is very much in the eye of the beholder. For me, Espurr is terrifying, for others he is cute. For me, the animatronics represent something from my childhood that has been bastardized into horrifying monstrosities. To another they might just be childish. Just because something doesn't scare YOU doesn't mean they aren't scary. I don't find Amnesia to be scary, and I'm sure most people on the internet would eat me alive for that opinion. Doesn't mean it isn't scary, it just doesn't bother me.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I know most people here aren't PC gamers, but no thread on Steam announcements? As in, zilch?

I'm definitely getting the Steam Controller. A Steam Machine is tempting, but the fact the most basic Alienware one starts at $479, and according to reviews of the Windows-based one it isn't too great, means it isn't a good investment at all. I think Steam Machines are gonna be good only if your primary goal with them is gaming.
    Like Satoshi said, a good portion of the VG section are PC gamers. Heck, the Winter Steam sale thread garnered a good amount of traction! I would take a bet that we're just probably not interested in Steam Machines for the same reasons as you, so there isn't really much to discuss there. Plus, it's still better to build a PC from the ground up. Steam Controller on the other hand, looks interesting! Still looks just as odd as its prototypes from months before, but I've heard that it's a lot more comfortable than it looks, so I'm eager to try it out myself.

Bay

Years
    Hii, I'm never in this forum but everybody sighs when I say I'm not a gamer girl so I think I should try to play more games 8)
    Yo! Heh, I too am trying to branch out playing more games besides Pokemon as of recent. :P

I remember playing it a few times with my friends but I'm not that great with it haha. I'm pretty such Rock Band/Guitar Hero fans are happy with the news.

What makes something scary is very much in the eye of the beholder. For me, Espurr is terrifying, for others he is cute. For me, the animatronics represent something from my childhood that has been bastardized into horrifying monstrosities. To another they might just be childish. Just because something doesn't scare YOU doesn't mean they aren't scary. I don't find Amnesia to be scary, and I'm sure most people on the internet would eat me alive for that opinion. Doesn't mean it isn't scary, it just doesn't bother me.
    I know several people from Tumblr that are horrified of animatronics. I wasn't horrified of them when I was young, but I'm sure FNAF's jump scares will leave me startled several times haha. But yeah, agree on what is scary varies from person to person.

I only skimmed through some info on the Steam Controller and Steam Machine, but it's probably something I'm not interested in yet. I did notice the OS sale going on and I took advantage of that by buying a couple games, heh.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Like Satoshi said, a good portion of the VG section are PC gamers. Heck, the Winter Steam sale thread garnered a good amount of traction! I would take a bet that we're just probably not interested in Steam Machines for the same reasons as you, so there isn't really much to discuss there. Plus, it's still better to build a PC from the ground up. Steam Controller on the other hand, looks interesting! Still looks just as odd as its prototypes from months before, but I've heard that it's a lot more comfortable than it looks, so I'm eager to try it out myself.

I want to get that controller for the sole reason that Valve, supposedly, is making it compatible with all of the Steam catalog. I have no idea how they're going to achieve that, but it's way better compatibility-wise than every existing controller in the market. PS4 needs a hack for XInput games, Xbox One is wired on PC and not compatible with old DirectInput games, Logitech F710 needs the annoying lever to switch between DirectInput and XInput.

I do believe it's a bit of a lie, though, because Steam sells a few games wrapped in DOSBox and, although DOSBox is compatible with all modern controllers, some games from the DOS era simply aren't controller-friendly.

BadassWolf

One doesn't simply...... Spam others...
    Years
    Games Like Fullmetal Alchemist Dual Sympathy!

I loved it! An enjoyable experience. Nice gameplay. Awesome story! Any game like it on the ds? Need not be fighting!

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    How much does the latest PS3 update take up?

Hey fellas. I'll be getting a PS3 in a month or so, and I want to insert a new hard drive and update the firmware to 4.70 by saving it onto a USB stick and inserting that into the console. But how much space will the USB stick need? Have a nice day.

pkmin3033

Well, the online download for it is 197MB, so anything bigger than that really, although I think it'd probably be easier to just update the console directly...although I'm going to guess you have reasons for wanting to use a USB memory stick for it in the first place. Updates generally aren't very big, thank god.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back