• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    For anyone that wants to go cry in a corner, basically dragon quest fans in the west, Dragon Quest VIII, the greatest RPG of the PS2 era from then and forever, was announced for the 3DS a couple of days ago. Never expect it out of Japan, never expect to bask in its glory again, much like DQVII.

*SOBS*`

Well, at least you can still play it on a mobile device.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • For anyone that wants to go cry in a corner, basically dragon quest fans in the west, Dragon Quest VIII, the greatest RPG of the PS2 era from then and forever, was announced for the 3DS a couple of days ago. Never expect it out of Japan, never expect to bask in its glory again, much like DQVII.

*SOBS*`
    I dunno about that. Dragon Quest VIII did really well over here, and there isn't really much to indicate that it and VII won't come over.

Years
  • For anyone that wants to go cry in a corner, basically dragon quest fans in the west, Dragon Quest VIII, the greatest RPG of the PS2 era from then and forever, was announced for the 3DS a couple of days ago. Never expect it out of Japan, never expect to bask in its glory again, much like DQVII.

*SOBS*`

VIII 3DS seems to just be a port with a few new additions, so it wouldn't need nearly as much work as VII or the Monsters games which are full remakes and would need to be completely retranslated. The fact that VIII is one of the most successful games in the series probably helps a bit, too. I could see them possibly running into some sort of legal issue with the voice acting or just not being able to get the voice actors back, but there are ways around that like leaving any new material unvoiced, completely removing voice acting, or redubbing it with different voice actors...but those options would make sense and this is Square Enix we're dealing with. Still, though, I think VIII has a pretty good chance of being localized and may just be what leads to the other games being localized, too.

Yukari

If Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS is released over here I will cry tears of joy.

stunt296

~The Official Stunt Master~
    Years
  • If nothing else, Final Fantasy will always have some of the best video game music and I'm sure that's something we can all agree on. They're also usually pretty imaginative when it comes to making up new battle systems. If there was one thing that I did enjoy about the 13 series, it was the battle system in Lightning Returns. Lightning did what I asked her to and didn't make any stupid moves like walking straight into an enemy over and over and over when I have her in a ranged class.

You should check out FF Type-0 when you have a chance. Definitely one of the most fun battle systems out there.

For anyone that wants to go cry in a corner, basically dragon quest fans in the west, Dragon Quest VIII, the greatest RPG of the PS2 era from then and forever, was announced for the 3DS a couple of days ago. Never expect it out of Japan, never expect to bask in its glory again, much like DQVII.

DQVIII should've gottena a remaster on PS3/PS4. It was originally on a Sony console, so make the remaster on a Sony console, dammit!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I want to. I really want to but I don't have a system for it. I wonder how much it costs to rent a system from Family Video. Hmm.
    Eh...honestly, I'd recommend just emulating it. Importing works, too, or even hacking a Vita/PSP and going from there (though you don't get that yummy upscaling). It certainly isn't something you should be shelling out that kind of money for.

Not that it's not a good game, it's very fun, but it's not worth going through the financial trouble it'd be worth to get a copy of the game and an Xbone/PS4- it certainly isn't worth buying them, largely because you likely won't get much out of the systems themselves, buy or rent. That, and the fan translation's pretty great.

stunt296

~The Official Stunt Master~
    Years
  • Eh...honestly, I'd recommend just emulating it. Importing works, too, or even hacking a Vita/PSP and going from there (though you don't get that yummy upscaling). It certainly isn't something you should be shelling out that kind of money for.

Not that it's not a good game, it's very fun, but it's not worth going through the financial trouble it'd be worth to get a copy of the game and an Xbone/PS4- it certainly isn't worth buying them, largely because you likely won't get much out of the systems themselves, buy or rent. That, and the fan translation's pretty great.

That's what I did LOL, but I didn't only get a PS4 for Type-0. I also really wanted to play the FFXV demo and of course all the JRPGs coming out soon like Star Ocean 5, Persona 5 and Disgaea 5. Woah, that's a lot of 5s!

But, yeah, honestly, if you can't afford it then just emulate the game...The so-called remastered graphics aren't even that nice. It still looks like a PSP game IMO.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Eh...honestly, I'd recommend just emulating it. Importing works, too, or even hacking a Vita/PSP and going from there (though you don't get that yummy upscaling). It certainly isn't something you should be shelling out that kind of money for.

Not that it's not a good game, it's very fun, but it's not worth going through the financial trouble it'd be worth to get a copy of the game and an Xbox One/PS4- it certainly isn't worth buying them, largely because you likely won't get much out of the systems themselves, buy or rent. That, and the fan translation's pretty great.

Hold up, when I bought my Xbox One, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD was one of the games I had planned to buy for it. Other games I bought for it included Assassin's Creed Unity, and Halo the Master Chief Collection. Plus there are still upcoming games I plan to buy for it including the new Star Wars Battlefront and Lego Jurassic World.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Hold up, when I bought my Xbox One, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD was one of the games I had planned to buy for it. Other games I bought for it included Assassin's Creed Unity, and Halo the Master Chief Collection. Plus there are still upcoming games I plan to buy for it including the new Star Wars Battlefront and Lego Jurassic World.
    And I'd be willing to say that they're good potential buys. I, myself, have some games coming out in the future for the Xbone (which I own) and PS4 (which I might get, depending on P5's next to current gen differences) that I want. For now, however, I don't think they're a particularly good investment for a game or two, and a number of games on the system- most of them, I'd say, are available elsewhere (either last-gen,Vita/PSTV, or PC) with little lost or enough that you won't feel like you're missing out to much at a lower expense and much lower total financial loss.

Yukari

Hold up, when I bought my Xbox One, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD was one of the games I had planned to buy for it. Other games I bought for it included Assassin's Creed Unity, and Halo the Master Chief Collection. Plus there are still upcoming games I plan to buy for it including the new Star Wars Battlefront and Lego Jurassic World.
    Pretty sure that he means it isn't worth buying a Xbox One/Playstation 4 just for that game.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I just want the X/X-2 PS4 remaster. I started playing X years ago when I borrowed it but didn't get to finish it and I remember it being really cool, so I have to go through the whole thing now.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I had to +1 that post simply because of this part. Goddamn.

Since we're talking about FF, anyone else wasting their lives on XIV like I am?
    I half-wish I had the time two. I bought a month two years ago for Christmas and had fun, but now, what with school and all, I don't have the time. Luckily, it's Summer now, but I don't think I can financially put forth that kind of effort.

That, and...I dunno. It's really hard for me to get into standard MMOs these days. I mean, I like Final Fantasy XIV, don't get me wrong, but I always get this samey feeling when I play it. It's the same reason I don't play WoW, FlyFF, Everquest, Neverwinter- all of which I have played but can't anymore. And now, with emphasis on raids and such, it's even harder for me to get into it because I don't really feel like I'm doing anything significant myself. And, because story is very second priority, I never really feel like I'm progressing towards a goal.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • sadly, i wish i knew what everyone was talking about. i love rpg games, but i just never could get into final fantasy.

Years
  • I half-wish I had the time two. I bought a month two years ago for Christmas and had fun, but now, what with school and all, I don't have the time. Luckily, it's Summer now, but I don't think I can financially put forth that kind of effort.

That, and...I dunno. It's really hard for me to get into standard MMOs these days. I mean, I like Final Fantasy XIV, don't get me wrong, but I always get this samey feeling when I play it. It's the same reason I don't play WoW, FlyFF, Everquest, Neverwinter- all of which I have played but can't anymore. And now, with emphasis on raids and such, it's even harder for me to get into it because I don't really feel like I'm doing anything significant myself. And, because story is very second priority, I never really feel like I'm progressing towards a goal.

Story has actually become a big thing in FFXIV now, to the point where the game actively asks you to do the story related quests for the sake of completion. I've actually been grinding those out because I'm so behind, which is weird because considering my iLevel, I should be way ahead. :v

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    sadly, i wish i knew what everyone was talking about. i love rpg games, but i just never could get into final fantasy.

Never too late to try if you're interested. You don't have to own old-ass consoles to play a lot of FF games anymore. 7 is on Steam / PS3, 10 and its sequel are on PS2 / PS3 / PS4, 13 and the whole trilogy of that are on PS3 / Xbox 360, 8 is on Steam, 3 and 4 are on DS I think, and also on Steam. 12 is on PS2 if you own one of those. They're pretty readily available!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back