• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wikipedia's reliability as a source.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I only use wikipedia for the sources at the bottom because most of those are reliable :)

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    well, i've gotten used to regarding wikipedia as unreliable (mainly because my high school english teachers were super strict about not using that site as a source), but i still use it from time to time. i mean, i don't use it as a source if i'm writing a research paper, but whenever, say, a professor for this subject tells us to research a bit for our upcoming discussion, wikipedia's the first site i look into.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Well, after experiencing the SOPA blackout, without it, i would have flunked every grade in school :))) i believe in the lazy rule no. 1: when you can't find what you're looking for in google after three minutes, it's in wikipedia. :D
    You're eleven! Shouldn't most of the information you need be in your text book?

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    We get points taken off for using it.

I guess they think people like to go around and changes all of the facts on wikipedia or something.

But when you change something on wikipedia, does it get changed automatically, or does someone review it?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I think automatically (unless the specific page has been locked or something) but changes tend to get checked and reversed if anything's wrong with it.

I think it's fine to use personally if you check the sources the wikipedia article got its information from as well to verify it, simply. And it's a great place for an overview for things you don't know much about as well.

Back