• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Wild battle that won't respawn after map resets

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2019
    Hello, I have a problem with wildbattle script.
    I found lots sample scripts on google, that were supposed to play single combat then have pokemon gone from map forever, but none of them is working as it's supposed to- after battle pokemon is removed from map, but he is back after map resets (flag is somehow cleared).
    For example, if I will place a battle in Oldale Town, beat pokemon first time I'm there, then it will respawn after I defeat May and come back to Oldale (and it will probably respawn more often in the future).
    Is there any way to have flag stay set even after map resets?

code of my script
    Spoiler:

Thanks for help.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Flag 0x1234 is way too high to be considered safe as it starts to overlap with variables,which would explain why your event is resetting itself. When it comes to flags the general rule is to only use flags ranging from 0x200 to 0x2FF. While it is mainly directed at Fire Red, checkout this thread if you would like to know more about flags and variables as well as their boundaries.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2019
    Flag 0x1234 is way too high to be considered safe as it starts to overlap with variables,which would explain why your event is resetting itself. When it comes to flags the general rule is to only use flags ranging from 0x200 to 0x2FF. While it is mainly directed at Fire Red, <link removed> if you would like to know more about flags and variables as well as their boundaries.

Thanks, it worked!

Years
  • I'm really confused.
    What number to use when you use showsprite, hidesprite and applymovement?
    Person No. or the Person Event No. ?

Back