• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

will ashes pikatchu ever evolve!?

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    the answer to your question is also the answer to the following question.
    Will the moon ever explode causing the earth going through space hurtling towards the sun at 10,00 MPH?
    no.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Pikachu. It has no t. :|

Pikachu will never evolve. It had the choice in "Electric Shock Showdown", it didn't.

It had the choice again in "Pika and Goliath!" and didn't again. Since "Pika and Goliath!" was recently, it's not going to be given the choice until the writers decide to recycle this tired idea AGAIN.

It's just not gonna happen. We just have to deal with the fact that his Pokemon are super special awesome...NFE's. :|

EDIT: I forgot, in the end of "Pika and Goliath!", Team Rocket STOLE ASH'S THUNDERSTONE.
    Good luck evolving Pikachu now!
    =D

Years
    I think it won't evolve until the final episode of Pokemon. It will be when Pikachu is on the brink of losing in an important battle. A Thunder Stone will fall out of Team Rocket's Meowth balloon. (Team Rocket robs a department store and steals all the evolution stones/items earlier in the episode.) Pikachu will catch it and evolve into Raichu. It will use a powerful Electric attack (either Volt Tackle or a better Thunder Move if they make one.) It will win. Ash will become Pokemon master. That's how the entire series will end. Don't question me. ;)

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Most of them won't evolve because the toy companies want to make Pokemon plushies, and plushies based on cute low-level Pokemon sell better than big scary fully-evolved Pokemon plushies.

Years
    Nope for two reason the one Jolene said and, the only way Pikachu would evolve is it accidently came into physical contact with a thunderstone.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Is raichu the mascot? most little kids hate raichu.

Where are you getting that logic? No they don't. Most kids I know that like Pokemon either feel indifferent about Raichu or they like it.

Anyway, no, I don't think it will. The Ash/Pika bond is too strong, and we already know that Pikachu doesn't want to evolve into Raichu.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    The Lt. Surge episode pretty much confirmed that Pikachu won't be evolving...that DP episode I think was just to remind/ inform people who have any questions about Pikachu evolving...

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    No, it will never evolve. Pikachu has refused evolution twice. First off, Pikachu is the symbol of Pokemon. It's like Snoopy for the Peanuts or Marge's blue hair for the Simpsons. It's never going to change, they will sooner kill it of then the writers will evolve it.

Edit: The writing staff explicitly said Pikachu will never evolve. It's on the Pokebeach interview.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    It won't.
    It would ruin Pokemon. Everyone knows about Pikachu. People who don't like Pokemon know about Pikachu. After 4 generations, they wouldn't just let Pikachu evolve. It would ruin the show completely, even for people who dislike Pikachu.

PikaBelleChu

Pikachu Princess
    Years
    If that ever happened then the merchandise would dwindle but seriously Pika's had several chances to evolve and chose not to, he's one strong pika without having to evolve.

river_hunter979

The Graceful Assassin
    Years
    No Way, this would of happened a loooooooooooong time ago. Pikachu refused the thunderstone 2 times, and since the 2nd time was more recent I think the writers were trying to show that pikachu won't evolve. Pikachu is the mascot of pokemon and its not likely that the only Anime series for pokemon will change him

Back