• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will HG/SS be the last Pokemon games?

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    I agree that people will be angry but that doesn't mean they won't stop. Anyway, Nintendo can't really worry about money, just look at all the other games they have. Pokemon is a big part of it but they'll still be making big money even if they don't make a new generation.

I also realized I made an error in my last post. They could probably make more money off of pokemon if they treated it like Mario and started to make sports games and racing games with them. After all, they are making Pokemon Melee.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Theres no way.
    Nintendo would make an announcement about it for defo!
    As well Pokemon is almost enternal. There is billions of dollors within the company & i cant see them saying 'Hey i think we've made enough money lets go retire' xD
    Theres also way too many jobs to be lost If the pokemon company were to stop making RPG's.
    We'll all know when pokemon is gonna die out. But for now we should all look forward to HG/SS!

SuperBob

Professor Bob
    Years
    Nah these isn't gonna be the last pokemon games. Maybe Nintendo will stop making pokemon games when there are like 1000+ pokemon. :O

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I certainly don't and I certainly won't. It just seems random to stop here when its obvious that they want to use a number of the stuff in this games for a next game and I wouldn't understand why Gamefreak would go to the zoo to draw random animals. (all stuff I pulled from their dev blogs)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I wOnDeR iF aN aDmIn oR iF bObAnDbIlL cOuLd FiX tHe TiTlE.

Anyways, I don't believe these will be the last games for a while.
    There are probably other games being thought of for now.
    Like an R/S/E remake for the DS and DSi. :P

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Till the time they get good profit and people are ready to buy pokemon, nintendo won't stop making them. I agree that some of the pokemon are just lame especially from the 3rd and 4th generation respectively as I think that their creativity is just getting to their limits. I think these won't be the last games.If these, games by any chance, be the last ones, all pokemon fans will be dissapointed.(At least I will be!)

Nah these isn't gonna be the last pokemon games. Maybe Nintendo will stop making pokemon games when there are like 1000+ pokemon. :O

I have no problem with your idea, but do you think that they may be able to keep making creative pokemon instead of crap especially of their limit is very near? I think they can use the creativity of some other people instead of the same nintendo people who design all the New pokemon. I think those nintendo people are at their limits.O_o

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Hmm... there really is no telling if the series will end before Nintendo does really... it just depends on if it's economical to keep making more games or to invest that money in say... Mario or Zelda games instead... which of course depends on the fanbase

Though they could start hiring people for more creative pokemon =P

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    I think these will be the last before a lull. They will wait for the economy to boost back. Milk this for all the money it is worth. They will come out with a new console maybe in 2015 and have a new Pokemon game in 2017. I see a lull(between main series games) coming but pokemon will come back. Maybe during that lull they give us an awesome wii rpg pokemon game though.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    WhO ThInKs ThEs3 aRe GoInG tO bE tHe lAsT PoKeMoN GaMeS?
    HaI gUyS iSn'T tHiS tHe StYlE tO tYpE sTuFf In!!!!!1!1

Well, I didn't think so - hence the title change. The... seemingly requested-by-others title change. -_-

Anyway - this thread actually has little to do with HG/SS, and more to do with the question of 'will there be new games after this?', hence the move.

As others have said, as long as Pokemon games keep selling well (and judging by the millions of sales - and selling record! - Platinum got, it definitely is), they'll keep making new games. Especially when the games basically follow the same pattern - same 'beat 8 gyms, and elite four, and become the champion, and fill the pokedex, and beat Team evil with their evil plot' formulae, leastways. Add a few extra features or what-not in, and hey pesto! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    I think these will be the last before a lull. They will wait for the economy to boost back. Milk this for all the money it is worth. They will come out with a new console maybe in 2015 and have a new Pokemon game in 2017. I see a lull(between main series games) coming but pokemon will come back. Maybe during that lull they give us an awesome wii rpg pokemon game though.
    *points to Platinum sales* The recent economy fall hasn't really affected that - or many games all that much, actually. I think they'll still be making Pokemon games as regularly as they have before, really. But the new home console will be a while, certainly (as the Wii still isn't all that old).

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    4 regoins in one game? That's a bit too much. When they made Arceus, the 'God' pokemon, I began to wonder what they could do to top that and that's when I began to doubt that there would be a 5th generation. But who knows, they might.
    You think the same way as I do. As I said before, I don't really thing there will be much more than what's gonna be released now.
    Although, they can put non legend Pokémon after Arceus, for sure it means nothing. But it does mean anything.., whats the point of creating the God of Pokémon in the middle of a saga? It should be created before, or in the end in my point of view.
    Yes it means nothing, but for me it does mean something.

Pokémon is running out of creativity, they have anime, games (even with Pokémon as main character), Card Games and Collectable Figures. The last one ended like 2 months ago, Nintendo announced that Figures would be removed from marketing.
    And everyone claiming about things like "no more Pokémon pre-evos! ; Hoenn sux as Sinnoh does" helps anything.
    Why would you want a new Pokémon game, a new generation or a new region if you're gonna complain about it?
    They better do nothing, and it wouldn't surprise me.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    They will wait for the economy to boost back.
    Haha, the economy. Nintendo is invincible. You can't kill it with a silver bazooka! (And really, the small recession we have is only a large shotgun shell.) The truth is that, as far as video games go, Nintendo is the economy. Microsoft and Sony are nice compliments to try to hold candles and just provide competition so Nintendo doesn't become a monopoly. But let's face it, Nintendo, and, by extension, Pokémon and Game Freak (because they're second parties) are in control here, so they're not going anywhere. Do not fear! Nintendo is here!

They will wait for the economy to boost back.
    Haha, the economy. Nintendo is invincible. You can't kill it with a silver bazooka! The truth is that, as far as video games go, Nintendo is the economy. Microsoft and Sony are nice compliments to try to hold candles and just provide competition so Nintendo doesn't become a monopoly. But let's face it, Nintendo, and, by extension, Pokémon and Game Freak (because they're second parties) are in control here, so they're not going anywhere. Do not fear! Nintendo is here!

Recession Nintendo -Hello thar!​

HaI gUyS iSn'T tHiS tHe StYlE tO tYpE sTuFf In!!!!!1!1

Well, I didn't think so - hence the title change. The... seemingly requested-by-others title change. -_-
    Oh my... THANK YOU! *Death glomp* I just could not wait for someone to cHaNgE tEh tITLe!!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I think they will be making more games but next time around we may be seeing something different :)

Years
    surely not, that is one reason HG and SS are coming out, to buy time to make or work on a new game.
    also nintendo is branching out,
    Has anyone heard of Pokemon Melee Scramble?
    the creators of pokemon are a long way from being done, but when the original creators retire or something, more than likely the whole franchise will plummit

Back