• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will May Make a Cameo on Pokemon X&Y?

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
  • So with the new Mega Evolutions introduced in Gen 6. I was wondering If May will make a Cameo on the gen 6 anime. I know its highly doubtful but it would be cool for may to return and have her Blaziken become Mega Blaziken. But like I said it's doubtful for may to return. But also do you think Ash should catch a pokemon that has a Mega Evolution?

reniersnyder

The Glaceon Girl
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    yes I agree that May should come back. And I think ash should Catch an Absol. Since absol is one of the best pokemon out there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The only reason I would want May back So Ash can get a chance to beat Drew in front of her!

Years
  • It is very unlickily to make comeback in the anime as all of Ash's old partners have faced this dilemma. Maybe when the X and Y anime starts, they will show some random trainer character who has a mega Poke.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    MaX and MaY = X and Y
    I'm 100% convinced.

I honestly don't think she'll be showing up, unfortunately! I'd love to see her progress so far, but with a lack of Misty from Gens IV and V and a lack of May from V so far, it's seeming very unlikely that they'll bring either of them back now. I'd love it if they did but the only person I'm expecting to make an appearance is Iris - it'll follow the trend to have her make a return in X&Y and it'll be interesting if she does, but I hope she brings Cilan with her haha. I'm not expecting May though, no!

Years
  • I'm 100% convinced.

I honestly don't think she'll be showing up, unfortunately! I'd love to see her progress so far, but with a lack of Misty from Gens IV and V and a lack of May from V so far, it's seeming very unlikely that they'll bring either of them back now. I'd love it if they did but the only person I'm expecting to make an appearance is Iris - it'll follow the trend to have her make a return in X&Y and it'll be interesting if she does, but I hope she brings Cilan with her haha. I'm not expecting May though, no!

Most likely agreeing with him. There is often a trend for the female companion of the last saga to show up in the next-gen saga, like we saw Misty in Hoenn, May in Sinnoh, and then Dawn in Unova. If that trend is anything to go by Iris would most likely make a cameo during Kalos. I'd probably only see May if they would advertise possible Hoenn remakes but that could be ages before they are a reality.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    hmm... If there are contests in Kalos, well chances are, dawn and may are going to appear. or like brock in the past, become the main cast. (brock came back for Johto, Hoenn, second
    Kanto, and Sinnoh) or if misty's sisters are coming back to take over the Cerulean Gym, then she'll find a way to tag along a scene where misty makes pikachu burn her new bike is going to be pretty funny or possibly Tracey? pretty farfetch'd (get it? no? tough crowd.) but if Kalos has an attention loving legendary that was wronged and its scared to show itself to impure sketchers and give them a chance to sketch it. then Tracey Sketchit has a excuse to come along. or the Kalos region has a dragon tournament, then Iris has a chance of showing up. (misty via water tournaments?) or Max as an older kid with pokemon (ie. Spoiler! Ralts) or brock will come back as the other male. (Cilan is my least favourite main person character-wise. I mean, hello! Brock resurrection!

hmm.. possibly somebody new? ie. the female protagonist of the games and the first male gym leader?

questions, questions, questions! I wish I can read minds.... Or the future!!!!!

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • I'll remain hopeful but doubtful. If any of them do show up, it will either be as a short appearance or in a flashback. I do find is somewhat strange however that Ash's traveling companions for Kalos have not been shown. Previously they have always been shown along with Ash in promotional prerelease material. I can't stop myself from thinking that they have surprise planned for the fandom , but I doubt anyone major will make a return. There's still two months before the anime airs, so another trailer may be released in that time.

Years
  • I'd love May to make another appearance in X and Y, especially with her newly trainer-age brother Max (ralts anyone?). Advantages of this could mean the possible plot lines with Max, the return of contests (yay for showcasing moves in an awesome way) and possibly mega Blaziken? May was also the best coordinator compared to Dawn, jussayin :p

But yeah it isn't that likely sadly, with female companions only getting a brief feature in the next region after theirs.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • MaX and MaY = X and Y
    Haruka and Masato?

I don't know. She May make a cameo. See what I did there? :P
    I see what you punned there :P

I don't think she will appear... Satoshi's female companions follow the pattern of appearing briefly next season (JP counting obviously) so... if Iris doesn't follow Satoshi to Kalos, she will most likely make an appearance there.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • In Diamond/Pearl, instead of Misty and her Togetic coming back to show off the new evolution Togekiss, Dawn caught one instead. Instead of Jessie reobtaining her Lickitung, to evolve into a Lickilicky, this pokemon merely made cameos. So I don't think so.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but:

Misty made cameos in ADV, but no other series.
    May made a cameo in D/P, but no other series.
    Dawn made cameo in B/W, but no other series.

See the pattern? Iris will likely make a cameo, however.

~~~

Like the games, the 3rd gymleader will likely be the one to teach Ash about megas, perhaps using a Mega Mawile. I imagine that this would happen before the gym battle against her (unlike the games), that way there could be a mega showdown.

There will likely be more than just 7 megas released in X/Y. I don't think we should limit the possible megas to just these, but if there are only 7, then Absol would be the most fitting.

MaX and MaY = X and Y

Hmmmm....

There is a chance for May to appear, especially if contests return in XY.
    Hahaha, Hoenn Confurmed. {XD}

Back