• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will members here be motivated to buy the Japanese versions of D/P?

Usohachii_Pot

Prepare....for the 4th Gen.
    Years
    Because I remember a lot of people on PUK doing that with R/S (known as Pokemon Advance back then, fact fans.) If I recall correctly, lots of people had trouble with the Japanese in the games, and some people even claimed to have encountered wild Jirachis XD

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
    I might....but more than likely, I'll just hang around gaming news sites, and pokemon news sites, look at pictures and drool. I don't know any Japanese, so playing it would be difficult. Once it's out in Japan there will be enough definite information on the web to either: Satisfy my curiosity, which will lead to an easier wait, or, more than likely, make me WANT IT NOW. Either way, I don't think I'll bother ordering it from Japan. Incompatability with US versions, incomprehensable text, etc.:P

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I can read Japanese, and I'm most likely getting a Japanese DS (since they are avaliable where I live), so I'm going to get either Diamond or Pearl.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2006
    no
    I hate playing the japanesse roms
    before the games are released
    it kills everything if you dont know japaneese
    ....in my opinion anyways

ouendan

Video Game Nut
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2006
    evee said:
    no
    I hate playing the japanesse roms
    before the games are released
    it kills everything if you dont know japaneese
    ....in my opinion anyways
    He isn't talking about roms. :D

Besides, it's not like anybody has got fully working DS roms yet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2006
    i didnt say he was talking about the roms
    but i dont order games from japan
    so the closest i can get is japaneese roms
    the roms are working
    its that there are no emulators

ouendan

Video Game Nut
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2006
    evee said:
    i didnt say he was talking about the roms
    but i dont order games from japan
    so the closest i can get is japaneese roms
    the roms are working
    its that there are no emulators
    But why would you bring up roms anyway... your answer to the topic creator is basically:
    evee said:
    i dont order games from japan

Well whatever, you can't play roms without working emulators obviously, so they are essentially useless until someone does get a working emulator... unless you use GBA flash carts.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2006
    its the same thing
    ive stil played the games in japaneese
    wether it was on a gameboy or not
    and i can say that if i had the opertunity to order
    from japan
    i wouldnt
    does everyone that speak to you have to pin point everything
    or can you pick up on atleast some things on your own?

ouendan

Video Game Nut
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2006
    evee said:
    its the same thing
    No it's not. Playing games illegally is not the same as importing them.

evee said:
    ive stil played the games in japaneese
    wether it was on a gameboy or not
    and i can say that if i had the opertunity to order
    from japan
    i wouldnt
    That's nice... I really don't care if you do play them illegally or not, what does that have to do with the topic? I also don't really care if you would or wouldn't import for Japan if you had the chance either.

evee said:
    does everyone that speak to you have to pin point everything
    or can you pick up on atleast some things on your own?
    It's obvious what you meant, I never said I did not understand you, I'm just saying you're bringing up unnecessary babble in this topic.

Last edited:
    Years
    Johto Boy said:
    No, I never import stuff, because I can't read Japanese. I will just drool at the screenshots and videos for weeks.
    That sounds like me. If I can't understand the game, then there's no point wasting about ?40 on it. I just wait till it's out here.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2006
    ouendan said:
    No it's not. Playing games illegally is not the same as importing them.

That's nice... I really don't care if you do play them illegally or not, what does that have to do with the topic? I also don't really care if you would or wouldn't import for Japan if you had the chance either.

It's obvious what you meant, I never said I did not understand you, I'm just saying you're bringing up unnecessary babble in this topic.

I now officially present the stupidest member of the board
    good job makeing no sense

poke lover

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I'm patient so I'll be waiting for it to be released here in Australia. Ordering from Japan, its just to much hastle AND and I can't read Japanese.

ouendan

Video Game Nut
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2006
    evee said:
    I now officially present the stupidest member of the board
    good job makeing no sense
    :laugh: What an idiot. Go back to school. Oh wait nvm, you're probably still in the 4th grade or something. You're right about one thing though, you did present the stupidest member of PC, when you signed up that is.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I don't think I will even though I am good at games even when I don't read stuff at all or properly...

Years
    I don't know enough Japanese to not spoil it on myself by playing through the Japanese version, so I'll wait until it's released here before even looking at the games. Nothing could top the first time I played through Gold version. I want to repeat that again.

Back