• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Ononokusu be an Uber?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Um, about Ninjask; I think Lead Erufuuns can beat it with Mischievous heart taunts.
Infact; it could stun spore most sweepers with Mischievous heart; or maybe with encores~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Just, impossible. It's funny, cause you guys aren't noting anything good about him. He's a great wallbreaker with access to taunt. Also, I don't see why you guys keep comparing to Chomp and Mence. He serves a different role, he's not a sweeper, more so a pure wallbreaker or something along those lines.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't think Ononokusu would be an Uber because it doesn't have the versatility to go mixed, like Salamence and Dragonite can. It's true that it possesses higher Attack than the other 2 Dragons, but it's better off in OU as a late game sweeper with Dragon Dance/Swords Dance/Choice Band.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
Just, impossible. It's funny, cause you guys aren't noting anything good about him. He's a great wallbreaker with access to taunt. Also, I don't see why you guys keep comparing to Chomp and Mence. He serves a different role, he's not a sweeper, more so a pure wallbreaker or something along those lines.

This forum as a whole isn't known for noting anything "good".

However, Ononokusu does make a great sweeper, so I don't know why you're saying it doesn't.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
it's a pretty balanced dragon, IMO. while there aren't many pokes that can take a hit from Onono after a DD who aren't limited by Taunt, there are plenty of pokes who can revenge kill him.

you can't even compare him to garchomp who is just ridiculous.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
It wil; be an OU for sure for reasons already said above me. It is like a Tyranitar, great attack, crappy SpDef, crappy Speed. It will be greatly owned by Ice types.

Um Tyranitar doesnt have crappy sp.def. I hope you are aware with careful and max hp and 216 sp.def evs it can live a focus blast from LO Gengar....yeah. :/

Ice types arent the way to counter it either. They all lose to DD boosted moves and/or are slower and are SR weak and cant take a hit.

Ononokusu wont be uber if people dont start whining and moaning again and have learned to team build correctly this gen. It has 100% surefire counters. Skarmory wins even with Taunt lol even Drill Peck does more than enough to beat it with LO recoil and SR, Brave Bird can 2hko with SR up iirc in addition. Gyro Ball Nattorei can take anything it does and massacres it in return and Pre evolution stone Porygon2 too, who actually OHKO's with Ice Beam with SR without sp.att investment. It also has very viable revenge killers (scarfers, priority etc) and checks like Encore Eruufun etc.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
I dont see how it can be uber when it doesnt even have access to Fire Blast so its completely walled by Skarmory and Bronzong. It gets: Dragon Claw, Outrage, SD, DD, Earthquake and SE for its moves. "cool" yeah its got big attack but at the end of the day i would rather use flygon who has better typing and resistances, garchomp who is faster and can hit Skarm/Zong, Mence who has DD over chomp and intimidate as well as fire blast and a plethora of other moves, or Kingdra who has one weakness and perfect type coverage or the lati twins who are fast and powerful.

tl;dr: no.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
I dont see how it can be uber when it doesnt even have access to Fire Blast so its completely walled by Skarmory and Bronzong. It gets: Dragon Claw, Outrage, SD, DD, Earthquake and SE for its moves. "cool" yeah its got big attack but at the end of the day i would rather use flygon who has better typing and resistances, garchomp who is faster and can hit Skarm/Zong, Mence who has DD over chomp and intimidate as well as fire blast and a plethora of other moves, or Kingdra who has one weakness and perfect type coverage or the lati twins who are fast and powerful.

tl;dr: no.

mold breaker uses physics - levitating bronze bell? not happening. :c which is quite sad considering how bells are cute.

Years
From what I've read, it seems to be Generation V's Main Dragon.

Dragonite was Generation 1's Dragon

Generation 2... no idea.

Salamence was Generation 3's Dragon

Garchomp was Generation 4's Dragon

And, possibly, Ononokusu might be Generation 5's Dragon it seems....

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

Generation 2... no idea.

No, Sazando is the Pseudo legend of this game. All Pseudo's have duo types and 600 Base stats.

Ononokusu may have a massive 147 Attack stat but it lacks everything else.

Not UBER material.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019

mold breaker uses physics - levitating bronze bell? not happening. :c which is quite sad considering how bells are cute.

well it was either a shoddy glitch or mechanics but when rotom-a would switch into my pinsir and i would hit eq it would miss. :(

edit, also, shuca zong :D

Generation 2... no idea.

gen 2 was tyranitar gen 3 had 2, mence and metagross as the above poster said gen 5 is sanzadora or however its spelled

Back