• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Pikachu ever evolve into Raichu?

Will Pikachu evolve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JesseRocket

Rookie Trainer
Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Ash and Pikachu are what made Pokemon, and the little mouse has millions of adoring fans who instantly think of him when they hear the word 'Pokemon'. It just wouldn't be the same if it evolved into Raichu, and besides I don't think Pikachu would ever accept it since it rejected the thunderstone once already.

Ayselipera

think he will ever evolve, But maybe in the
    last episode Ash will finally evolve him.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I highly doubt Pokemon would get rid of their mascot just like that, then what would they put on merchandise, a turtwig?

Alec_

Years
  • pika will never ever evolve ash wont let it evolve
    Ash will let it evolve if Pikachu Wants. Remember? The time ash leaves the Thunderstone in Pikachu's Room. He told Pikachu if he wants to become Raichu just get the TS. Remember?..

My Answer:
    Well No. It will not evolve because it feels comfortable with it's skills&power.

~Fairytales.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I doubt Pikachu will evolve.
    I mean Pikachu is the franchise's mascot.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Noooooo wayyyyy! D: Nevveerrr! Raichu stinks in my opinion. :P

I wouldn't say that, there's nothing wrong with eitehr Raichu or Pikachu.

It's entirely a matter of personal preference. For whatever reason, he doesn't want to.

As I've stated before, there may arise a situation where that changes. For example, if Satoshi's life were in danger and Pikachu isn't strong enough to save him as-is, I'm certain he'd have no qualms about evolving to save him.

Years
  • It would be cool if they let Pikachu evolve in some "parallel universe" episode or something.

But it would kill the show if Pikachu evolved into a Raichu, don't you think? I mean I was pretty disappointed in Digimon Savers when the main character ditched the glasses.

Please don't kill me for talking about Digimon. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    No, it will never evolve. Even when the anime ends, Pikachu will exit a yellow rodent.

I highly doubt Pokemon would get rid of their mascot just like that, then what would they put on merchandise, a turtwig?

ha ha, maybe that's what Piplup is for...

I could put my house on it that he wont because it wouls kinda ruin the whole series... Maybe ash will get a raichu but pikachu wont evolve!

maybe it does... then the homeless population can increase.

-Raiken-

L is real 2401
    Years
  • No Pikachu will most likely never evolve and if Pikachu did, it would be during the last episode or an episode like "how would life be" <-- and I am pretty confident that those are the only chances.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Pikachu, in a way, has become a mascot for Pokemon; or at lest the anime, if not the series as a whole. I cannot really imagine it evolving.Besides, I think I recall in an earlier episode (I believe it was Ash vs Lt. Serge in season one) that Pikachu didn't even want to evolve. It seems seems to be perfectly happy the way it is, and I don't think Ash really has the intention to evolve it any time soon. :x

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Pikachu, in a way, has become a mascot for Pokemon; or at lest the anime, if not the series as a whole.
    Pikachu has been the mascot of the franchise since its early days. That's why when you go to promotional events, you usually see a Pikachu there.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
  • Pikachu will never evolve since Raichu's defenses don't count for much. Remember, Ash's Pikachu has beaten two Raichus to date iirc. Besides, Pikachu is the franchise's overall mascot since you see it everywhere. XD

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Ash and Pikachu have been through four regions together, 600 episodes, and they haven't evolved it yet. ash had a Thunder Stone given to him by Gary so, if by any reason he wanted to, Ash could evolve Pikachu. He nearly did twice, then when Pikachu was in hospital, Team Rocket took Pikachu to do some secret training, and stole the Thunder Stone. Ash didn't mind, as later on, Pikachu beat Raichu using Volt Tackle. Pikachu will never evolve, unless Pokemon wish to get rid of Pikachu forever. That would be sad though. Pikachu is awesome.

Guest123_x1

I think it's already been established that Pikachu is never going to evolve. Ever.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    Probably never. But man it would be awesome if he did. He's already ridiculously powerful in the anime, if he was a Raichu. Man, he'd be nearly unstoppable.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    So what is keeping Pikachu from actually evolving? Is it holding a stone? Or just its will that's keeping it from evolving?

Back