• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Pikachu ever evolve into Raichu?

Will Pikachu evolve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I do not think that Pikachu would ever evolve into a Rachi considering that Pikachu is the mascot of the Pokemon franchise and the anime is there to verify that it is by making Pikachu a main character.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    In anime terms: Something in the future may make Pikachu want to evolve, I actually think it will happen in the final movie (it will happen eventually) so that he can protect Ash from something :). Then of course some form of Pokegod would unevolve him in the credits so it will end as it began ;).

In realistic terms Pikachu can't evolve as it would ruin the image ^^ as many people have said before.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    No. It's waaaay too late in the series for Pikachu to evolve. Unless, of course, some mystical pokemon has the power to change Pikachu to a Raichu and then change it back, as mentioned before. But that would just be stupid, and it would open up the episode/movie to a ton of critism. Maybe in the very last episode, where Ash faces the 'ultimate' trainer or whatever, or maybe since Pikachu's level is constantly being reset, they'll eventually run into a situation where Pikachu has no choice but to evolve. But I doubt it. And since Pikachu has refused it for personal reasons anyway...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    So what is keeping Pikachu from actually evolving? Is it holding a stone? Or just its will that's keeping it from evolving?

Satoshi/Ash gave Pikachu the option to evolve twice in Kanto and in Sinnoh. He gave Pikachu the Thunder Stone and told him to use it if he wanted to evolve. Pikachu rejected it both times.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I highly doubt that Pikachu will ever evolve, and if it had to then it'll only be when the show finally comes to an end. However, like I read earlier, Pikachu was given two chances to evolve, and both times Pikachu itseld rejectef the option [The second time Team Rocket stealing the Thunder Stone]. Personally, I wouldn't want it to evolve either as it is basically the main mascot of the franchise and seeing Ash with one instead of Pikachu might come off as a little odd from the start.

Though, Pikachu stands for one thought: You don't need to be something else to be strong. You simply have to try your best and not give up, no matter how small or large you are and no matter how much bigger or stronger your opponent may be. Pikachu is like a symbol for the anime, and I wouldn't really want that to change.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    No, just no. Ash's Pikachu is better off as is. If it evolved, the anime Pokémon would be considered dead. The creators are probably aware of this and chances are, they'll never let Pikachu evolve. (And that's a good thing. XD)

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    It better if Ash ever wants to have a chance of competing with Gary's Electivire. Seriously that thing kicked Pikachu's @s*

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    Pikachu is basicly the mascot for the entire pokemon company. If they were to make it evolve, things just would not be right. It's kind of hard to explain.

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
    What everyone else said tbh.
    Pikachu is like the mascot of Pokemon, if it were to evolve... ;;
    It wouldn't be the same and it would probably fall apart.
    And it would be kinda odd having a Raichu following Ash all the time.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    The anime has been dead since the first series with the first two generations ended. The only great thing is the movies these days.

Years
    Nah, Pikachu won't evolve. Ash had opportunities to use thunder stones on it but didn't want to. Besides, Pikachu is kind of like a mascot for pokemon like others said before.

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
    Chances are if Pikachu does evolve, it will be to mark a big event, and chances are such an event would be the end of the series including said Pikachu/Ash. Do we really see the series ending anytime soon? It's hard to tell with game remakes coming out instead of new lands. Not that I have a problem with that (Johto is awesome!).

A little more in depth than 'yes' or 'no.'

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    I highly doubt it, since Pikachu is one of the most famous Pokémon.
    And Raichu is uglehh.
    D:

Years
    I doubt it. Pikachu is like the most recognizable character and it's the mascot of Pokemon. It's in every game. Besides, most Pokemon don't seem to have a personality anymore when they evolve. (Except Charizard, Bayleef and Sudowoodo.)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Although Raichu is my third favorite pokemon, and would like seeing it more than just once in an eternity, but I don't want Pikachu to evolve. Not just because it would be stupid for the writers to do so, but because it is basically the image of the pokemon anime.

Back