• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will remakes continue? And will you continue to buy them?

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    As any Pokemon fan will know, Generation III saw the remakes of Generation I, and Generation IV saw the remake of II. Now, in the Generation V, there is most likely going to be a remake of Generation III.

The central point of this topic is: will it continue? After Generation VI comes out, will people be expecting a Sparkling Diamond and Shiny Pearl? Will Generation VII have a Pitch Black and Pure White? Would you continue to buy the remakes? At what point would you find it ridiculous?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Assuming the current (and ongoing) gaming platform is the DS in some form, I'm guessing that they'll stop doing remakes after doing the R/S/E remakes because every region would be playable on the DS, and making more remakes after the R/S/E ones would be redundant.

Tru Eagle

Flying Type Master
    Years
  • I'll keep playing them. I'd like to see new regions and pokemon and such but its harder to come up with this stuff than people think. I just really appreciate the remake of Silver (my personal favorite) and that's good enough for me.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I think they should stop now (i.e. HGSS should be the last remakes in the series). I already find the idea of RSE remakes to be ridiculous. So far, all of the regions are compatible with each other (via Pal Park/Pokétransfer), so releasing R/S remakes would be silly. They should simply release the games on 3DS virtual console and call it a day. I'd rather have them make new and original titles rather than rehashing old ones.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • They should only do up to the R/S/E remakes since not everybody would have them on GBA and have a ds/ds lite

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Firstly, I don't think there is going to be any remakes for DP or either BW anymore coz DP already has Platinum & we all know about BW2.

I do hope they will make a remake of Ruby & Sapphire. Then, maybe after a year or two, a remake for Emerald will be announced.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Firstly, I don't think there is going to be any remakes for DP or either BW anymore coz DP already has Platinum & we all know about BW2.

Well, Gold and Silver also had Crystal, but they ended up having HG and SS.

For me, I would like to play them; just to see how they adapted to the newer technology, and what new features they have. (for example, HGSS brought us the pokeathlon, which I really liked and enjoyed a lot)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Diamond & Pearl are fine as they are, Ruby & Sapphire aren't in terms of graphics, events etc. The only games in need of a remake are Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • Remakes should only continue IF (and only IF!!!) there would be another completely different portable console from Nintendo. Though GBA was the successor of the Original Game Boy, it felt (for me) that GBA was a completely different console with the new L and R buttons. N3DS isn't a completely different portable console so there shouldn't really be a remake for DPPt. Generation III should be the last one to be remade. Would love to buy it because Generation III is my most favorite~

Years
  • I think remakes will always happen. Right now, RSE are in the need of remakes. Although DPPt dont need one for awhile, they most likely get one in the future. I like remakes more than the original games, so I think ill continue to buy them.

Years
  • I know a lot of people are assuming that once they get all games available on the same platform they'll stop, I don't. The Pokémon Company is a business, and businesses like to make money. If their projections show profit, they'll do it. So in short, yes, I do believe this remake trend will continue.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I know a lot of people are assuming that once they get all games available on the same platform they'll stop, I don't. The Pokémon Company is a business, and businesses like to make money. If their projections show profit, they'll do it. So in short, yes, I do believe this remake trend will continue.
    There's your answer right there. Game Freak and Nintendo will do their market research, and if people are clamouring for a 3DS version of DPPt, then by-golly they'll deliver one. Having said that, if there are going to be post-Gen III remakes, they're not going to come out for at least 3 or so years. Maybe by then, more people will have come around to the idea instead of approaching it with scepticism?

That being said, I am one of those current sceptics and probably wouldn't buy them... but who knows what 3 years will do to my opinion?

Years
  • The thing with Gamefreak is that they love to surprise fans. I don't think it would be any fun if the fans had a really good idea on the future.

Weren't you surprised that they didn't make the "Gray Version" everybody was talking about? They didn't make a remake of B/W like they did with D/P with Platnium. Instead they continued the series with Pokemon Black and white 2.

In short I hope they stop with the remakes and make something diffrent that still has that vibe we all love about the remade game. Playing something with better graphics is cool, especially if it's a game that was "old" like Gold and Silver. It would be really bland to me if they just did the remake of RSE.

I hope they do something fun that will surprise me when they re-introduce the Hoenn Region. I love that Region the most and so does Junichi Masuda. He is the one that actually designed the region. I can't predict what's in store. I would still buy a remade Hoenn region, but that would be the end of pokemon for me if they continue with bland remakes. >:)

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
    Years
  • Nope. I don't plan to buy any remakes. I see it this way- if they can't make it right the first time, why spend money on a game I already played just for some added changes? Not into it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I'm not sure about gens 4 and 5 remakes. First thing is that storylines of D/P and Platinum can't mix with each other. Second thing is - does Sinnoh have anything that was clearly missing? I mean, Kanto was lacking of post-game areas - they were added in FR/LG. Johto was lacking of Safari Zone - it was added in HG/SS. Hoenn has great potential of having more post-game islands, more inventions developed in Devon, showing rocket launching in Space Center, having Jirachi event and possibly Deoxys event in Meteor Falls. Does Sinnoh have anything that is asking to be added? Sinnoh seems to be complete imo, the same like Unova will be in B2/W2.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2012
    If they continue to make them, I will continue to buy them.

I just hope they continue to improve them.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I think that they won't do any new remakes by now...
    I've even given up any hope to see a remake of RSE... And that's a real pity, I would have been glad to play a remake of these awesome games.
    Anyway, if they made a remake of any Pokémon games, of course I'd buy it. Even another remake of Kanto despite its plentiful appearances would be good to me !

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Right now the only remake I see possible are RSE ones. Diamond and Pearl and Black and White feel too new to be remade and graphic-wise they're pretty good. Plus we can transfer all the Pokemon available in the game to Black and White. Ruby and Sapphire doesn't really need one either since we can complete the Pokedex with the games we have now. Though cause of the high demands from fans, Game Freak will most likely pull out RS remakes in the near future. Then they'll probably stop remaking after that unless there's a high demand for it. As I know of right now, not alot of people really care if they remake DPPT so their respective remakes may not happen. If they do , they'll will probably release them many years from now.
    If they do actually remake them, I would buy them, especially the RS remakes. And I would play them vigorously cause I love the Hoenn games.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Right now, we will be only expecting R/S/E remakes. Or at least a sequel. And probably they'll stop there for a while until the DS becomes "out of date".

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Wasn't the reason that remakes were made because the internal battery in R/B/G and G/S/C would run out eventually? Gen III doesn't have this problem, and therefore a remake doesn't have to be made. It'd be brilliant if they were remade though, and I would definetely buy it. All I want is a Yellow remake, as it's one of my favorite games and the internal battery runs out either this year or next.

Back