• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will the characters ever grow up???

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
    I just pondering will the characters ever grow up??
    Like in my fic Pokemon Beyond

Casey

~*Cheeky Girl*~
    Years
    I think, they will do it. Actually Ash is much more mature in AG then in Johto or Kanto. Also, his look is different also. First he was a kid but now he looks like a young man.
    I belive, Misty will grow up also. Brock must understand, he should have one and only one love, not a lot of crushies. but some guys are immature all the time -.-
    Haruka will grow up, but she is already 10.
    Jessie and James are adult but immature like 5 years old kids. I think, they will never grow up.

FanGuy

Rocket ShyGuy
    Years
    • Age 41
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 30, 2004
    How old is Ash supposed to be at the start of the show anyway, 12 or something? It never seemed clear on that.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 24, 2005
    At the very beginning he was supposed to be 10.

I guess the characters will grow up, but we'll never see it. :P

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2005
    I hope they grow up. Ofcourse they will probably never grow up onscreen since the writers may be afraid of getting it out of the kid genre, they arent thinking about it, or they just dont want it. But it would be cool if they did.

The show has been on for how long? and so far all they have done to the biggest extent is changing clothes and charecters.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Wait isn't Ash 15-16 right now? And May is 14-15? Is Brock 17-18? Isn't Max 8-9? Why am I hate being called a teenager? Why do I still act like a child? Why am I asking so many questions? XD

But really, Ash did matured durring the season, eventhough he is blind that he can't see if a girl likes him? XD (Same here anyway. XD)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Acutally, Satoshi is 16 right now, Haruka is currently 11, Max is 9, I forgot how old brock and the others are.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Purin said:
    Maybe boys take longer to mature. I'm sure Satoshi will be great as a 18 year old.
    ...and that means what? lol. WEll, it's not a romance anime, so Satoshi will take his time ^^.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Casey said:
    He is yummy as a teenager, so what will be later? He will be super yummy, mysterious, sexy guy with dark hair. Mmmm.... one big dream!
    *she hugs her Ash plushie*
    True. Could not have said it better myself.

Marik4me

Lover of Ishtar siblings
    Years
    Do they really give those ages in the anime, or is that just the way you figure it is?

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
    Years
    Porygon said:
    Yeah? but then, that would kill the "timeless" quality of the anime, wouldn't it? *snort*

?Stupid anti?aging creams! Why must they be secretly mass?distributed among Pok?mon characters? Ash's Lapras grew up, geez?

Actually, I have line like that in a fan-fic I'm writing(How Pokemon (Really) Works):

Ash: Speaking of clothes, my shirt size hasn?t changed in six years-it?s like I haven?t grown.

Max: I keep telling you not to drink the coffee.

Years
    oo leave Brock alone, hes just flirting with all them girls cause he cant get one. but, Professor Ivy, but yet, he left her :\ Ash is how old now? 13? cause i member at the end of of the episode of the 8th Badge in Vermillion City he said its been one year since he met Pikachu and the gang, so Im giving a good guess that Ash is now 13..AND WTH! WHY DOES MAY GOTTA BE 10 :\ she dont look like no 10year old to me. Max looks 10.

Back