• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Will the Dream World play a role in B2W2?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Due to the B2W2 being sequels of Black and White, what do you think will happen in regards to the Dream World? Do you think it'll be dropped completely when the new games are released or have a seperate Dream World which caters for B2W2 or an entirely new concept - leaving the Dream World just for B/W? Because really, having to find the same Pokemon in the same areas would be kind of boring and people won't really wanna get the Pokemon from the Dream World again.

Which do you think is the most likely thing to happen and why? Discuss!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I think the Dream World will possibly change, and if it does I want it to have new areas that are specifically for B/W2 and have Gen V/Event only Pokemon available in them. Because I don't see why the Gen V Pokemon haven't even been released yet. ):

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I think yes because they might add new areas and put in new pokemons for us because the dream world for Black and White is kinda boring seeing the same pokemons everytime.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think it's more likely to say they'll change up the Dream World we have currently up a bit, but nothing too advanced to where it couldn't be compatible with the original Black and White games. However I'm really hoping that they drop it, or just keep it there for B/W (even though that seems sort of unlikely) because one, I really want berries implemented back into the games where you grow them there, and two, I don't really like having to put my Pokémon to sleep, play with them online, go to the Entralink to pick stuff up, and then wake my Pokémon back up. I sound like a lazy person but I mean, really. :(

If however they do decide to keep the Dream World and make it a bit more advanced, I hope they change the hour time as well as a few other things. New areas would be a given.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I'm really hoping the Dream World is still there. They'll probably bring it back and extended it with new worlds and games and Pokemon availiable. I don't think it will be a feature in gen 6 of course but they might keep the site up for Black and White Users.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I think that there will be a Dream World into these games. The Pokemon company will probably put new mini games and places which hopefully will draw my attention to go back to the Dream World again. I also believe that the Pokemon that haven't got their dream world abilities released yet will only be in these two Pokemon games.

:t354:TG

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Assuming B2/W2 are sequels, which is still an assumption at this point, the DW would still work fine with no major coding changes. I wouldn't really see a reason to change the DW.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Me neither, other than to add new areas.
    Also what they might change will be the extralink...since they're 3Ds enhance they might add new feature's to it.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
    As popular as it's been, I'm pretty sure they'll continue it into the new games, and they'll probably expand on it a bit. Maybe they'll make it a little less time consuming to use. :p

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think it's more likely to say they'll change up the Dream World we have currently up a bit, but nothing too advanced to where it couldn't be compatible with the original Black and White games. However I'm really hoping that they drop it, or just keep it there for B/W (even though that seems sort of unlikely) because one, I really want berries implemented back into the games where you grow them there, and two, I don't really like having to put my Pokémon to sleep, play with them online, go to the Entralink to pick stuff up, and then wake my Pokémon back up. I sound like a lazy person but I mean, really. :(

If however they do decide to keep the Dream World and make it a bit more advanced, I hope they change the hour time as well as a few other things. New areas would be a given.

I don't think it's so much lazy as much as...the game is supposed to be fun. While the Dream World itself can be fun and is arguable, I don't think anyone thinks that having to put the Pokemon to sleep and go to the Entralink and wake them up is fun and putting something unfun into a game just makes no sense.

That being said, I think they'll probably just do a few areas/events and nothing else to it. They still have plenty of Pokemon to release and no need to do anything else just yet.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    It would be cool if they released a Dream World App for the 3DS , so we didn't have to use our computer to get in it

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nah I doubt it'd be on the 3DS. Because really, if the Dream World were to be on the 3DS they would've instead waited later to release Black 2 and White 2 on the 3DS instead of DS. I think keeping it online is a lot easier for them since most kids these days have wifi, and not everyone has a 3DS, and the target audience of these games isn't 3DS users apparently, so yeah. ;x

I do wanna see Unova Pokemon at DW though ;;

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Well, I hope they don't utilise the Dream World, I found it tedious to be honest, but thats just me. I think it will have a return with changes to areas (maybe add exclusive ones for B2W2?) and Pokemon.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

I'm guessing the Dream World will probably be integrated in B2/W2 somehow, with expansions of some sort...

But I agree with what Kaori said; Berries really need to be brought back into the actual games like in RSE and DPPt (even HG/SS managed to make Berries growable in-game somehow, despite lacking Berry Patches). You shouldn't have to go online just to be able to grow your own Berries. That's just...no. :x And the concept of making your Pokemon go to sleep just for the Dream World does seem kind of tedious (or unfun, as Toujours said).

I hate how the Hidden Abilities are restricted to the Dream World; I'd rather there be a percentage for encountering a certain Ability like there is for the two standard Abilities that most Pokemon currently have. But as the exclusivity of Hidden Abilities is one of, if not the, driving forces for going to the Dream World at all, I'm doubting that's going to be changed anytime soon, although it would be amazing if it were changed.

Years
    I think it will continue, to be honest, even if some people dislike it.
    Either that or it will be replaced by something better. I can't see it just disappearing into thin air.

Back