• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will the new game bring new eeveelutions?

Which of the remaining types should get eeveelutions?

• Fighting

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Poison

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Ground

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Rock

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Bug

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Ghost

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Steel

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Dragon

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Like I said in the other new Pokemon thread, I don't think they will add any. Why would they add a new Eeveelution now instead of a year ago when they released XY? Although in the future I hope they add a Dragon-type one, at least.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I could see some Mega-evolutions being added in these games, but I doubt we'll actually see any brand new evolutions or Pokemon. The remakes usually just use the Pokemon that were in the original game until the post-game, right?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I could see some Mega-evolutions being added in these games, but I doubt we'll actually see any brand new evolutions or Pokemon. The remakes usually just use the Pokemon that were in the original game until the post-game, right?

Yeah, although with 3 generations' worth of Pokemon to add, I'm sure that they will update the Hoenn Pokedex with a couple new Pokemon lines :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah, although with 3 generations' worth of Pokemon to add, I'm sure that they will update the Hoenn Pokedex with a couple new Pokemon lines :)

I doubt that. They'll most likely do what Johto did and simply add the evolutionary relatives of Pokémon in the existing Hoenn dex. They may make up for the lack of addition with Megas.

Mega Eeveelutions would be awesome. Though those would come post game...seeing how eevee isn't in the Hoenn dex...

Years
    If they want to add more eeveelutions to the already large group, they're not going to do it with ORAS. They're remakes of RSE, in which no new eeveelutions originated from. Even if there were, I doubt that would create an incentive for Game Freak to develop new Pokemon for remakes.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    This is a remake; they aren't going to add new eeveelutions, as well as new Pokémon, when the current gen is still going. That's reserved for newer gen titles.

Years
    This is a remake; they aren't going to add new eeveelutions, as well as new Pokémon, when the current gen is still going. That's reserved for newer gen titles.

I agree with this, we probably won't get another Eeveelution until the next generation comes around which is still a fair few years away. OR/AS are remakes that are within 6th Gen so yeah 100% unlikely in this case.

Sadly that's true. GF should've added more Pokémon to this generation than it did... it fell short by 30 (about) compared to what Johto and Sinnoh got.

I know one of the gripes with 6th Gen was the very small number of new Pokemon introduced. I guess people would have been more happy if there was more but then again there's all those 3D models of the Pokemon that took a lot of work to make.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I agree with this, we probably won't get another Eeveelution until the next generation comes around which is still a fair few years away. OR/AS are remakes that are within 6th Gen so yeah 100% unlikely in this case.

I know one of the gripes with 6th Gen was the very small number of new Pokemon introduced. I guess people would have been more happy if there was more but then again there's all those 3D models of the Pokemon that took a lot of work to make.

I don't think the models is a valid excuse. They could've done away with Mega Latis, AZ's Floatte in the code of XY and made 2-3 more pokémon in the time it took to make those...also they could've left out Mega Blaziken if they were pressed for time...so 4. I think that GF just wanted a break after Gen V. It's fine to admit one simply wants to rest after making 150+ for one generation. So for me the low number is the effects of coming down from the gen V rush.

Years
    I don't think the models is a valid excuse. They could've done away with Mega Latis, AZ's Floatte in the code of XY and made 2-3 more pokémon in the time it took to make those...also they could've left out Mega Blaziken if they were pressed for time...so 4. I think that GF just wanted a break after Gen V. It's fine to admit one simply wants to rest after making 150+ for one generation. So for me the low number is the effects of coming down from the gen V rush.

I think I can see where you're coming from here, 5th Gen introduced the most Pokemon in one generation with 156, which is only 5 more than 1st Gen. I guess they wanted to focus on some other mechanics in X/Y hence they made less new Pokemon, and also I heard somewhere that the Game Freak team found it hard to come up with names for the new Pokemon this time around so I guess it's all a case of quality over quantity.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    Since GF has been breaking their routine for the past few years, dont you guys think that its highly possible that a new eeveelution would show up. I could see a steel or dragon type eevee showing up. You should expect the unexpected.. Many thought that RSE remakes was not happening anytime soon but here we are today speculating about the features. I think theres a chance of this happening. Hell I wouldnt be surprised if at the postgame we'd be able to reach Kalos or Unova after all the hints of it being somewhat close

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I don't think they would introduce a new Eeveelution in ORAS since:

RSE didnt introduce one

We already have Sylveon.

But if they actually did introduce another Eeveelution, I'd say a Poison or a Dragon type Eeveelution would be probable.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I doubt it. As some people have said, it's a remake. I highly doubt they'd come up with any new pokemon yet. Besides that, they just came out with Sylveon not long ago. It usually takes them a while to decide "oh why let's create a new eevelution!" I mean, it took a while for them to come out with Sylveon after Leafeon and Glaceon came out.

However, if they did, which I still doubt they will, I would probably want something from the flying department. The reason is because it would make a good eevee-lution team easier for me. I rely on using four of the main pokemon elements: Flying, Fire, Water and Electric types. Without a flying eevee, it's hard to make a team of only Eevees without a flying type. :/

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
    I would personally love to see a steel type Eevelution. It could be wearing armour and a helmet, with a sharp tail and ears for swords.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I don't think there will be. There's still a chance, but eh not really gonna happen if you know Gamefreak. They will not introduce any new Pokémon (excluding Hoopa and Volcanion) and why I'm so confident in that is because these are remakes. Not new games. It's not like X/Y where they can introduce new Pokémon because its a new region. But personally I would love to see a Steel-Type Eeveelution just because I can imagine how awesome it would look. ;D

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm pretty sure everyone's already said the whole 'it's a remake, no new evolutions' thing quite a few times already so I'll just add that even if these were new gen games, there's still an insane amount of Eeveelutions. It'd be madness to add yet another one to the already huge group.

But if anything, it'll be Dragon. Gotta complete the 'special typing' set that all of the Eeveelutions are. The only special type that's missing now is Dragon.

Back