• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will they change the name of the Gen I rival?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
  • my guess would be that it's still going to be Red and Blue. anyone that's read any of the graphic novels would know that's what their names are in those. but, who knows? it would be interesting if they changed them to Ash and Gary, but, unfortunately, i doubt it. we'll find out soon, though. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    my guess would be that it's still going to be Red and Blue. anyone that's read any of the graphic novels would know that's what their names are in those. but, who knows? it would be interesting if they changed them to Ash and Gary, but, unfortunately, i doubt it. we'll find out soon, though. :D

Their names are Red and Green in the original Japanese manga.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    If their names are anything other than Red and Blue, someone in Nintendo will be getting bricks through their windows and eggs on their cars. >|

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The GenI rival/GenII Viridian Gym leader will most likely remain named "Blue" simply for the fact that it has been his name in America for nearly ten years and will remain as such in the name of tradition irregardless of the fact that it was initially a mistranslation seeded in the different game releases between Japan and america. >_>

Oh, and anyone suggesting the anime names "Ash" and "Gary" ought to introduce their head to the nearest blunt object.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I think they should just call him Gary and make it easier on everyone instead of using colors/objects. It's not like Gary from the anime, it's the second option in choice of names. They should call him Gary, male frlg protagonist, Ash, and the girl, Ashley. It will be much easier on everyone.

NO NO

They are not the same characters.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I think they should just play it safe and say Red, Green(Rival), and Blue(Leaf).

Years
  • im actually saying that they will call them FireRed and LeafGreen.

For the simple fact that every country have FR and LG, and it would keep a consistency throughout all versions

Back