• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will They Ever make a Pokemon Game......?

Jamzy

Mystery Dungeoner
Years
  • Hey guys, i was just wondering if in Platinum or any games after that if it would be possible that you can catch EVER pokemon in one game, including every legendary?
    Because i find it annoying it takes so much to complete every pokedex and that the cool pokemon (i.e legendarys mostly) are only obtainable via some event somewhere in Japan or America, and the only other way to get them is through AR!

Or people want ridiculos pokemon for other pokemon on the GTS

So will you be able to catch all pokemon on Platinum or future games?

P.S
    when does platinum come out in the U.K?

S.Bustathedog

Chuckle brothers! LOL
    Years
  • Well I have some reasons why they would never do it/

1.Cuz that would make it to easy to be able to catch every pokemon in one game.
    2.It is a challage to get them most people {including me} find it fun
    and 3. Cuz I think having every pokemon on one game you would need to have alot of memory so in the future games there adding the new ones not making a game where you can get all of them.

Also the UK realse dat6e for Platinum is unkown yet there was a realse date for it in the USA but like all other pokemon games from Nintendo it will most likly be put back

If you can't wait for it to go to the UK then order it from America {thats what im doing in English and I live in spain so I will order it ASAP}

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I don't think they will, but it would really be awesome to play a game that has all Pokémons and all regions. Maybe not the Pokémons that you get in events but the rest of the Pokémons yes.

You can beat the league on a region and then you can go to the next if you wish and get a new starter and play the new region and catch new Pokémon as if you had started the game all over again.

And then maybe unlock Deoxys or Arceus once you've beaten all 4 Pokémon leagues.

I don't think they'll ever do that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Hey guys, i was just wondering if in Platinum or any games after that if it would be possible that you can catch EVER pokemon in one game, including every legendary?
    Because i find it annoying it takes so much to complete every pokedex and that the cool pokemon (i.e legendarys mostly) are only obtainable via some event somewhere in Japan or America, and the only other way to get them is through AR!

Or people want ridiculos pokemon for other pokemon on the GTS

So will you be able to catch all pokemon on Platinum or future games?

It's not going to happen, and I'll tell you why: Pokemon is and always has been marketed as a "multi-player" game where you have to connect with other players to collect all 151/251/386/493 creatures (hence the famous slogan "Gotta Catch 'Em All!"). Stick all of them in one game and you ruin sales by throwing that entire selling point right out the window, which is definitely not something Nintendo is going to do.

Also, to be fair, the only Event Legendary out of the first 386 that has not been made incredibly easy to get worldwide through either a mass-production event or one of the side games is Celebi, and even that had the Japanese Colosseum game. Mew has Pokemon Ranch, Lugia & Ho-oh have the Gamecube games, Jirachi had the Colosseum bonus disk (or Pokemon Channel for PAL players), and Deoxys had the GameStop event.

Jamzy

Mystery Dungeoner
    Years
  • It's not going to happen, and I'll tell you why: Pokemon is and always has been marketed as a "multi-player" game where you have to connect with other players to collect all 151/251/386/493 creatures (hence the famous slogan "Gotta Catch 'Em All!"). Stick all of them in one game and you ruin sales by throwing that entire selling point right out the window, which is definitely not something Nintendo is going to do.

Also, to be fair, the only Event Legendary out of the first 386 that has not been made incredibly easy to get worldwide through either a mass-production event or one of the side games is Celebi, and even that had the Japanese Colosseum game. Mew has Pokemon Ranch, Lugia & Ho-oh have the Gamecube games, Jirachi had the Colosseum bonus disk (or Pokemon Channel for PAL players), and Deoxys had the GameStop event.

In all fairness i have pokemon channel and got jirachi but i'm a little ticked off about me not being able to get celebi, deoxy, or any of the new legendaries becausei live in t' U.K and i want the new legendaries they look smexual

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No, I find it fun collecting them from different places but I do think event pokemon should be more accessible. And Platinum gives u access to more legendary pokemon than ever before!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    S.Bustathedog is right... It would be too boring and easy if they did that, and plus what would the point of the games be if one of the games had every single pokemon in it? Then the other games would have no use!!!

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
  • Well to answer your question...I highly doubt it.
    The reason(s) is/are because they want you to buy the other games such as GBA generation Pokemon games, and play them beat them. And use your money on that. Then buy a NDS, and transfer, only with Diamond or Pearl, which you need to buy too.

-In the end, it's all about money.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • Sky Forme has the right idea. After all, they're making the games for profit. Why not make it so we have to buy more than one game to get them all? Makes sense to me, even though I don't like it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The only way I see them doing that is when pokemon is finally closing shop and running out of busines...nothing is ever impossible....

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    but that's what makes the legendaries so legendary don't you think? I like it the way it is. I honestly think getting the legendaries could be a bit harder.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    It's not going to happen, and I'll tell you why: Pokemon is and always has been marketed as a "multi-player" game where you have to connect with other players to collect all 151/251/386/493 creatures (hence the famous slogan "Gotta Catch 'Em All!"). Stick all of them in one game and you ruin sales by throwing that entire selling point right out the window, which is definitely not something Nintendo is going to do.

You know they only do that so that people will buy more of their games, right? It's not an attempt to bring children together. Just another Nintendo cash grab.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • but that's what makes the legendaries so legendary don't you think? I like it the way it is. I honestly think getting the legendaries could be a bit harder.
    You actually like having to go to an event or trading on Wi-fi to get a crappy legendary? If you're in America of Japan I can understand, but try living elsewhere. Not fun.

Yanmega Owns

G/S remake enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2009
    It would be a great idea though. To capture all of the pokemon in one game. Unfortunately, the chance of that happening is next to 0.

P.S. I live in Australia and getting all of the legendaries is basically impossible like celebi and deoxys. But if you're a real pokemaniac, it's not impossible to get all of the pokemon (besides Arceus)

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
  • The only way I see them doing that is when pokemon is finally closing shop and running out of busines...nothing is ever impossible....
    The guy who created the game supposedly made 1000 species of Pokemon.
    There are only about 493 now?
    Haha, yeah.

Back