• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will we be out of touch when we're old?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    well I dont think so, nowadays evry work needs a computer and we all have cellphones, etc etc. theres a huge difference between us and our parents or grandparents. We are living the 3rd industrial revolution, every day something new comes up, new cellphones, new compurters, new features, new tvs, new evertything. Our minds and body will adapt to them.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I am age 16 almost and as it stands now i live with my grandmother but once i am 18 i want to move out on my own and not have contact with anyone...but i will prob change my mind once i am older.So i don't think i would lose contact...pretty hard to plus with all these ways to track people.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I'm already out of touch. Got an old Stereo that plays cassettes, CDs and Records, a few records myself, my old games consoles (N64, Sega Genesis, the first Game Boy, Game Boy Color...), a random old camera (as in, a medium sized box thing that uses plates). And I don't know much about modern trends (especially modern music...). But I have a VCR/DVD player. It plays both. Go me!

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
  • This generation is a generation of affluence and waste, offering nothing but complaints but no practical or realistic solutions to fix the problems our predecessors made. And I'm part of it : p

EDIT

Just realized I didn't even answer the question, only give a bitter and rather cynical opinion. A bit over the top, I think, so... yeah.

Anyways, yeah, we'll be out of touch. But that's the natural way of things. Eventually we'll just get tired of trying to stay in touch and just dance to the beat of our own drum. It's usually the reason why parents are so weird--they don't act like their kids, but act like when they were kids to try to relate to us. You know, though, that's cool, though. You have to act your generation, otherwise it's awkward.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think my generation is the last that has the possibility of becoming out of touch. The next generation will be born into the prevalent "NOW" and "adaptable" socio-economic sphere. They'll be so used to technology that they won't have to worry about not being in the know, so to speak.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • That is kind of a really difficult question to answer, but the way I look at it now is probably not. My grandfather already is a WHIZ at computers and stuff (knows more than I do) and even my grandma is pretty good with stuff like that. That's pretty much how I learned how to do stuff. My great grandparents weren't really into it as much, but they figured it out pretty easily. (Either that, or my family just catches on fast) So I kind of doubt that I will ever be out of touch. With my personality, I'll be sitting with my children playing PS9 with them or something. I have been into games ever since I was a child, and my parents played them with me. God, my grandmother can name over 200 Pokemon just keeping up with me as a kid! My cousins and their grandparents, they have all the iphones and weird handheld devices and they are in their 70's and 80's, some of them.

Lol, I don't think I'll be out of touch. XD I will make sure that I'm a cool mom and grandma so my kids will love me more and not be tempted to poison me for my ignorance.

Ayesha

惚け
    Years
  • I don't really think we'll just "lose touch". I mean if we know each other now, what is to stop us from knowing each other tomorrow and the day after? I think that as long as we keep ourselves close to each other, and talk frequently, we won't lose touch with everyone. Even if we do, we will definite find a way to bounce back somehow.
    As for the latest trends, I might not always follow them but I will acknowledge. I love hearing about new technology and the like, so I'll definitely be interested in those. I think I can keep up.

Years
  • It depends on whether or not we'll have enough time and money to invest in researching the new technology that are available. The past generations didn't have those resources to learn about what's out now, so who's to say we will? I'm already out of touch because of financial issues myself; I don't see why anyone else can't have the same dilemma. New stuff are expensive, folks.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I don't think I'll ever lose touch technologically speaking. Keeping relatively up-to-date with technology is pretty much required to become successful in most careers paths these days and, I like technology and new things. Guess I'm materialistic, but really that can describe the majority of our generation. If I do fall out of the loop in this regard I doubt it will be before I retire.

Blackpaw Stormfeather

Hatsuharu's Sister ♥
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    I'll never lose all touches technologically, even when I grow up and become old. The bonds with me and technology are too strong now to be broken even that far down the road.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • When our generation is as old as our grandparents, they'll probably be gearing a lot of technology towards us anyway, seeing as we grew up with it. I mean, technology doesn't change. Sure there's going to be new gadgets and what not, but the base of it all - the computer (I guess) - will always remain the same. And, seeing as most of us were brought up around computers (actually all of us if you're on this forum), we'll still probably have a grasp on how to use the latest and greatest.

So no, I guess. While we may be out of touch with popular music, certain TV programs, etc, I don't think we'll ever completely be out of touch with technology.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    I think we'll be able to stay in touch. I think ultimately, Facebook and social networks like that will stay around so long, and while in 20 years we won't be using Facebook, we'll be using something else that we got to maybe after jumping through 3 or 4 other social networking sites. This new social network, we'll call it Futurebook, will be around when we're adults and it may be useful to us to keep in touch with our collegues and whatnot, but our children will also be using Futurebook. But you might wonder why our generation will be using Futurebook? Well, chances are if you're on Facebook right now and you're even slightly intrigued by this post, it's because you actively use your Facebook account and don't want to lose it. Well you won't have to, cause whatever proceeds Facebook, and eventually gets you to Futurebook, will all have the ability to port profiles. That way you can, at the risk of sounding like Apple, seamlessly transfer your data from one social network to the other. That, ladies and gentlemen, will keep you connected to the internet to the point where you will be your children's first friend on their new Futurebook profile.

I think that's what'll be happening. Social networking websites have proven to be the way of the new age. Everything is done through the internet: marketing, sales, friendships, love, networking, entertainment, you name it and it's on the internet. We, as the future generation, cannot ignore this fact. We are fortunate (and unfortunate) enough to grow up with such a powerful tool at our disposal. We're going to have to use it right. And I ultimately think we will.

Back