• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Will you be getting a physical or digital copy?

Clarabelle

~Elegant and sweet Mademoiselle~
Years
  • I will definitely get a physical copy. I only buy digital ones of my less favorite games.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I will get a physical copy of the game. They're ~25% cheaper in my country and I prefer physical copies anyway.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I'll be getting the physical copy, not sure if I'm going to get the double pack or not yet

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • It depends. Even though I don't mind occasional digital copies, I'm mostly leaning on physical these days. So I might get Sword/Shield on physical too.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I like owning what I pay for, so if I decide to buy one of these, it'd be physical. I'm not paying outrageous digital store prices for what is basically a long-term rental.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Physical!

The only Pokemon game I've ever digitally downloaded is Yellow for the 3DS, and only because I still own the physical Yellow game... asdsdf

Buying digital games for Pokemon makes me uncomfortable, because I like to make sure I can hold onto them!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I will always buy my games physical unless they are on sale or are expansion like WoW or Sim 4. I just prefer to have hard copies. Not only do I just like having them on my shelf, I also can sell them if I get tired or them or find myself not playing it.

MySummerJob

Returning Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • I always get my games physical (if possible), not comfortable with doing things digitally.

Over the years I've had games I enjoyed lost to the 'sands of time' due to them being digital release only. That's why I've been apprehensive about the so called future of everything becoming digital only.

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I've been debating back-and-forth about this.

I would MUCH rather have a physical copy, but part of the fun is playing right when it releases. Since no one does midnight releases anymore, that's pretty much not possible unless I pre-download. :/

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Plan to get a physical copy. Gotta pre-order mine soon so I can go pick it up at EB Games near my work.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    I've always bought physical Pokemon games, the only one I bought digitally was Let's Go but that came with the Let's Go switch.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Neither. I'll have a second-hand copy instead, please.

So technically, a physical copy.

Back