• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will you be replaying RSE?

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Now that we've got remakes on the way will you be replaying the original Ruby, Sapphire and/or Emerald to better reacquaint yourselves with Hoenn during the next few months or will you be avoiding the games?

Years
  • I'm going to play my Ruby on GBA, since I've bought it some time ago, but I haven't even started playing it. Ruby is one of my favorites.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Well, I started playing Ruby a few months ago because I needed the legendaries from it, but I assume the new games will have the same legendaries if not more, which defeats my purpose. I've played RSE enough to know exactly what happens and to the point where I can remember some Trainers' names and teams o_0 so I won't be replaying RSE (unless it's for a challenge).

Years
  • Yeah, i'll have to give it another play through. I have to do Ruby for my Ultimate Wedlocke, anyway, so I might zip through that in the meantime.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yes, I will actually! I've got my Emerald cartridge upstairs and I started a few weeks back, I'm only upto the second Gym so this will give me the motivation to complete it in time for November. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Actually, I already was. I just restarted Emerald a while back, and am currently part way up Route 119, about to spend some time fishing for a Feebas.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Possibly, since I still need to get a shiny Regirock and Registeel. My legendary collection was almost complete...

Years
  • I probably will even though I've played through R/S/E at least 30 times by now. Never gets old! Would be a nice way to hype myself up for the remakes, especially if I dive into a challenge (pink monocolor yay).

Years
  • I would have replayed my old games, but going back to pre-4th Gen mechanics would be hard for me since I've been too used to the modern mechanics for 6 years now.

Years
  • Nope. Playing the original not long before a remake tends to take any fun out of a remake for me since they tend to (mostly) be the exact same game content wise, so I wont be replaying it.

...plus, my Ruby and Sapphire stopped working ages ago, so I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I actually just got a copy of Sapphire in French so...already ahead of the game on that one. :P

Years
  • I've poured more hours into Sapphire than I have any other Pokemon game, so I probably won't bother playing through the entire game again before OR/AS come out. I'll probably just end up doing the same thing I did with Gold prior to HG/SS coming out- play around with it for an hour or two just before the game comes out, just to get even more hyped for the release.

Years
  • I actually replayed the three a few months ago.

On a side note, I'm still getting Ribbons on the box legendaries on Emerald before transferring them. Then they'll meet their remake relatives.

Back