• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will you be replaying RSE?

Years
  • I'm gonna replay Emerald. but i was wondering is there any difference between Emerald and Ruby? Or are they the same exact game

The plot is slightly different (you take on both Magma and Aqua instead of just one of the two); the available Pokemon is different; some gym designs are different; and there's more you can do, especially post-game (the Battle Frontier; catching all three weather legends, etc.).

Anyway, I may replay Sapphire for a challenge I made, and I may also replay my Emerald for fun (or do a completely different challenge on it).

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Uuuum...

It's almost too much of a downgrade for me, even though I loved RSE at the time. I've also played it way more than once over the years, and I think it's enough for now. I don't wanna play the old ones, and then replay the new version so close together. I'd rather be surprised by some things from the original that I've forgotten over time.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I didn't have my copies of Ruby and Emerald while in college so I stuck to watching LPs of it. But now I'm going to avoid watching them, too, so I can have as fresh of an experience as possible. It's super fun to play through a remake and sudden go, "Oh, I remember this!" It's especially fun when they're memories from when you first played, and not such recent ones, at least for me. And even though the remakes are enhanced enough that it doesn't particularly matter, I still don't want to feel like I've played the "same" game so recently.
    I may, however, go back and replay Pearl and Platinum before Sinnoh remakes are confirmed (I kid, I kid! But hey, it may happen someday~)!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not sure. I hadn't specifically planned on playing them again, but I have a feeling I'll get on a nostalgia kick at the start of the summer (it happens every time I go through a big life transition), which will probably encourage me to play lots of old Pokémon games. I actually have a Ruby version sitting around that I never got a chance to start a "real" file on, so maybe I'll do that. I would also like to go back and beat the rest of the Battle Frontier in Emerald at some point. I don't want to get too Hoenned out, though, so we'll see whether I focus on RSE, or on other games (started a new Colosseum file a couple of months ago, and have a bunch I'd like to do with HG/SS, BW2, and Y).

On second thought, maybe I'll spend some of my vacation time in June marathoning Pokémon games.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Actually, yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm playing so I can get a feel of the region again, and so it can hopefully help me decide as to what Pokemon I will probably use during it. Plus going to all of the ares again makes me REALLY want to see them in 3D even more, now.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm being honest here, I still haven't even finished my first playthrough of Sapphire yet. I didn't get to play the RS when it came out because I didn't have a GBA at the time. My dad couldn't afford to buy me one and neither could I. By the time I got one (for 5 bucks from a friend) Emerald was about to come out, so I got that instead as a birthday gift. I put off buying one until I was 19 and finally bought a used copy of Sapphire and a Gameboy Advanced SP with my Christmas money. I started a game on it right away, but have yet to finish it cause other games came out and life got in the way.So in honor of the remakes, I feel I have to complete my first playthrough of Sapphire while I wait to get AlphaSapphire in November. I kind of know the story since I've played Emerald, but there's been surprises so I'm expecting more I didn't know. If I finish early, I'll probably replay it again!

Years
  • Replaying most of third gen lately. Even the shadow games of Orre.
    Never really had a crazy good National Dex with the GBA games.
    Thought I would just burn through while I could. Especially for the Regi and to use my Eon Ticket.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I already did 5 Hoenn runs recently on Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald (x3), I'm still trying to complete the national Dex on those games as well as FR/LG. I hope to do so long before OR/AS is released.

Years
  • Definitely going to be playing them! Getting one on the day of their release most likely! :3
    I haven't played Sapphire in ages, mostly because it was pawned by my brother along with my other old pokemon games...;-;.
    So I am really looked forward to these remakes!! They will be so beautiful!!! And I haven't played in so long that it will be fun all over again!
    I won't be able to replay since I don't still have the game thanks to my brother. But I will be happy to have it sort of new again since it's been so long, I really did have fun with that game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I was in town, came past the used games shop. Got myself a copy of sapphire and leafgreen the latter one was sold long ago... and a gba sp, (i only have a very poor condition 1st gen gba.))bought on e bay years ago, arrived here looking like it was dug into the sand at the beach)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Emerald is actually my most replayed Pokemon game since I have the rom and it's convenient to play on VBA. I do have my physical copies, but I am just incapable of playing on handhelds without backlight anymore, and I seem to have lost my SP charger. :c

But that said, I don't think I'll be touching RSE until ORAS comes out, my memory of it is pretty fresh already as it is, but I still want ORAS to feel like a new game and not too overplayed.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I'll probably replay my Emerald and Sapphire versions, but that will first require me putting in effort to go to the store and get batteries for my GBA. That's the biggest challenge.

Also the left arrow key on that thing sticks horrendously. That'll be a pain in the behind.
    Maybe I'll just go download them and an emulator to play them on. xD

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Yes, actually!
    I've been planning on running a nuzlocke of Emerald to celebrate!
    A remake is always a good reason to replay your old games. That way I'll be refreshed when I get AS and I'll be able to see exactly how much has changed.

Ah I can hear that route music and those deafening trumpets already...~

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • To be completely honest, probably not. Both my Sapphire and Emerald cartridges' batteries ran dry, so I'll be playing the remakes to death.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I literally haven't played R/S/E in about 8 years, and it was definitely my favourite generation back then (You can tell since I literally joined this site around the time R/S first came out) so I am purposely holding off in anticipation for the remake!~

Back