• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will you buy on release?

Years
  • There isn't much info on SV as of this post, but a lot of Pokémon fans are nonetheless very dedicated to the series and buy main series games as soon as they can.

Do you plan to buy these games right on the day of release, or are you waiting for more info before you decide? Or do you plan to wait until later regardless (like holiday 2022)?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    *Sigh*

If past trends are any indication of repetition then, yeah, I'll end up preordering and buying on release day. Digital or physical will depend on if any local midnight events are being held. I feel like such a nerd, lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I will be getting it my birthday is 2 months before then so could get a gift card or. Something

Years
  • Not sure tbh. Honestly they didn't inspire me too much. I might if they give more interesting information about the game. I m not hyped yet and I haven't seen anything that is actually intriguing me too much, for now

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't know really. We have next to nothing for information on Scarlet/Violet right now, so there's pretty much nothing to base a decision off of.

And given how unpolished and all that Pokemon games have been for the past decade, I have no reason to believe that S/V will be any different (especially given that it's releasing this year). Yet despite spotting early on that BDSP was just gonna be a glorified remaster and (iirc) saying that I'd wait before deciding to buy it, I still bought it on or around release day anyway....

nevermind that November is still a ways off and who the fuck knows what my life situation and/or the world will be like at that point

Years
  • I'm not sure I'll preorder unless the bonuses here are really good (not sure they usually are for the series?), but definitely going to buy on release. As with every main series game before it, if I don't play right on release, everyone I know starts talking about it and I feel left out lol. Not the best feeling. But I also really want to play the game and see how it will differ from previous titles. Plus Sprigatito is too cute!!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Nah, I'm gonna give it at least two weeks before buying to see what it's really like. Switch games are expensive as hell here in Argentina, so I need to be sure it's worth playing before purchasing. I have a feeling I'll end up buying it for Christmas because of discounts and such, though now that the Argentinian eShop is open, perhaps I'll get it before then.

(All of this, if Mimikyu is coded in the game. If it isn't, it's a hard pass for me.)

NearAutomas

Acoustic Wonderbag
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Still debating if I should, I did enjoy Legends so maybe PSV will be worth the price?

Devlex

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I buy games I really want on release day.

p.s. I'm stupid with money when it comes to video games.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Given my past trends with any game from a series I enjoy, I will buy on release. My local store has already said they plan a 9pm launch so I've got my pre-order for both in place.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'll buy one on release day, but the problem is deciding which one to get. I haven't purchased both versions of a main game since Black/White because it's hard to justify buying both versions when I can store extra Pokémon in Bank/Home. I'd like to get the version that has my preferred exclusives. It also depends on the box mascot. Eventually, they will have to share more details about Scarlet/Violet closer to its release date.

Back