• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will you catch them all?

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    So X and Y have the biggest amount of Pokemon in any Pokemon game to date.

Over 400 pokemon are in the game and with the pokedex being split into three seperate areas, all three being large enough to be a single pokedex themselves, it proves the biggest challenge to catch em' all fanatics to date.

There are 151 in Central, 153 in Coastal and 151 in Mountain, so that's 455 in total!

Will you catch them all?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm actually working on completely it, yeah. I have all the Pokemon I can catch in the Central region (not including evolutions because I can just evolve their pre-evo) so I just needs to evolve/trade to complete that part of Kalos. Working on catching all the Coastal (plus like six-seven other eevees) region now. Though I should probably actually beat the game aha.

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Absolutely; I'm working on it right now from the start of the dex. I don't really consider my game complete until I have one of every type of Pokemon in my boxes. It's annoying I'll have to wait until December to fully complete X, but since there are only something like 150 Pokemon actually missing from the game (I think, once you take Friend Safari etc into account) and about a third of those are Legendary anyway, there is plenty to do.

Years
    Yes thats what I'm trying to do. I first of all try to get all the pokemons that can mega evolve, and then I will get the rest.
    The friend safari really useful for that, one user here got wartortle in his safari, so it save me some trouble in looking for one, and in wonder trade I got Pinsir which is eexclusive to X(I got Y). They really help you this gen to fill the pokedex.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    Yes thats what I'm trying to do. I first of all try to get all the pokemons that can mega evolve, and then I will get the rest.
    The friend safari really useful for that, one user here got wartortle in his safari, so it save me some trouble in looking for one, and in wonder trade I got Pinsir which is eexclusive to X(I got Y). They really help you this gen to fill the pokedex.

I started with Chespin and Charmander, I have all the Kalos Starters and Kanto starters after 5 minutes when I chose to get them. It's really easy if you know the tricks.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm currently playing through Y, just obtained my first badge to be more specific. I've got the guidebook too so that definitely motivates me to catch em' all, I've currently collected 25.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I'm catching a lot as I go. I have 70 Pokeballs and 30 Great balls. I have two badges and I'm working on filling the second box.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Why yes, yes I will. They have left very few instances of Pokémon appearing in multiple areas (that I've seen thus far) and, therefore, you run into new Pokémon literally everywhere. I will be keeping a steady supply of Pokéballs to go after them all, then hope I can find an opposite game legendary on offer. Then, in December, I'll import whatever remains that is not in Kalos.

Years
    For the first time, I will complete the pokedex. I've played throughout the whole game clocking in 58 hours before the league and have captured every Pokemon on every route. All that's left is evolving, trading, friend safari and exclusives.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    i'm going for my first time completing the national dex, i usually don't but since theirs not many things to do after the elite 4 i got to find other things to distract me :/

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I probably will attempt it. I caught around 120 pokemon in the main story alone so I have a good start.

HUF_DBC

This is the first game that I'm actually trying to complete the pokedex haha. Wish me luck!

Years
    I'm currently playing through Y, just obtained my first badge to be more specific. I've got the guidebook too so that definitely motivates me to catch em' all, I've currently collected 25.

Is the guidebook actually useful? I heard that the index of Pokemon was taken out of the back and it's basically a pamphlet with vague statements, and "do it my way but if not then whatever" kind of guide. Could you possibly elucidate on its contents?

On the other hand yeah I plan on completing this Pokedex! I think it's always fun to have all them monsters, gives you A LOT more to play with!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm trying my best to catch them all! On the 6th gym now and I've caught well over 250 Pokémon so hopefully I'll manage to keep it up and fill up that Pokédex. Several more routes to go and then I'll have access to the friend safari etc so I'm optimistic, but I don't doubt that there'll be some really tricky ones to add in like the previous event legendaries. Catching them all is my goal though, yes!

Back