• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you use the Red Gyarados?

Will you use your Red Gyarados?

• Yes

Votes: 102 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Idk

Votes: 42 19.6%
  • Gonna trade it

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Will you use the Red Gyarados?

I think i surely will

Or will it sit around in your PC?You neglecter!Lol.Anyway,Back on Topic lol Will you level it up?Make it one of your Powerhouse pokemon?OR will you just leave it UT for a great offer?

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Same.
    POWERHOUSE FTW lol *hi-fives umbreon*

When i get mine I'm gonna nickname him or her Ibuki.=P lol

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    lol ^_^ I'm gonna nickname mine GentleGiant! lol jk! idk what to nickname

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    O_o tht poor disturbed gyarados..it will be traumatized by that name if u give it that name lol.
    Why not Red?Or Gary Dos?Lol.OR Dos Gary? lol

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I'm almost positive that I'm going to use a Gyarados in my first playthough, but I'm not sure if it will be the Red Gyarados. I'll probably try to train up a Magikarp, but if I'm not patient enough, then I'll just catch it. I think I'll try to stick with Magikarp, though. I've never gone through the experience that is training Magikarp, but it doesn't sound pleasant.

I already have a list of nicknames going for my Gyarados. : )

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Lol.Im gonna breed it and try to get a golden magikarp

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Once I encounter the Red Gyarados I will capture it, and I will take use of it. However, I will not use it for an in-game team. I prefer to take my time and reset for the right nature with just about the right IVs on it. Thus, I'll more than likely be taking use of it for competitive play once I get my Wi-Fi connected back up. If not, then I'll just keep the Red Gyarados in my PC Storage until I'm ready for it. The nostalgic feel of simply having the Red Gyarados from Johto is all the more worthwhile after a long time gap since HG/SS' original counterpart.

lol It doesnt count as a shiny tho
    I beg to differ, but very much is the Red Gyarados considered a Shiny. This was discussed before if I remember correctly, and because it takes on the same look as an original Shiny Gyarados and has the regular shiny opening out of its Pokéball, it is a classified Shiny. Regardless of it being an easy encounter and being referred to as "Red Gyarados" (which is only a given title to name Gyarados' shiny form) it is very much so a Shiny Pokémon.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    i MEAN hg/ss ONE. lol oops caps. the normal one counts

kacqn

???
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    No. Sadly because I ran from the battle, my pokemon was weak and I couldn't catch it.

HGH

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2016
    i MEAN hg/ss ONE. lol oops caps. the normal one counts
    Why should the HGSS Gyarados not count as shiny? It's just like any other shiny Gyarados, same sprite and everything. It's just an easier way of obtaining it.

On the subject of using it, however. I won't be using it on the basis that I don't really enjoy Gyarados.

.light

Airplanes in the night sky...
    Years
    It should be a suprise this time, like a multi coloured gyarados
    Multi Gyrarados

ETA: But also might not be good, HP, DEF, ATK...... but it is very hard to make a gyarados to faint...

Years
    My Gyarados will be better beause it will be blue. But other people are bound (by wild desire) to have better than me regardless of what I do (in life).

EDIT: Trade it. Kill it. Either way works for me.

I hate shiny Pokemon because dirty Pokemon don't seem to exist.

Back