• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows 10

sword

LETS HACK.
Years
  • Hello everyone this thread is for discussion about win 10 .

I am sure many of u used the preview version or watched it on video so what are ur thoughts about it.

MY--I think its good but it is full of bugs but yeah preview is always for fixing bugs but measuring from all angels this all bug fixed windows will be amazing.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • The first preview was awesome; it's what Windows 8 should have been.
    It ran very nicely, had the Windows 8 theme, and had a nicely integrated start menu for desktop layouts.
    Then, they updated it, added in Cortana, and now nothing runs smoothly.

It's still a step in the right direction, though, I hope they cut it out with adding garbage.
    Like seriously, the later .iso images are laggy. Previews shouldn't get laggier as they "improve."

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I'm actually pretty excited for this one. Having seen some preview it looked good to me. The future will decide on how good it'll be.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I tried to install preview from the updates and it works well, after several minutes of waiting after the windows 10 logo, it gives an error and it take me back to 7.

I don't know what went wrong? Is it I'm lacking of requirements?

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I can't really tell since after the error occurred, the system reboot and revert to 7.
    it was too quick for me to note the error :(

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I remember now I got this error
    07L0JUj.jpg

it occurred when the laptop booted. There's no extra details on the error and it just like that

Last edited:
    Years
  • I remember now I got this error
    07L0JUj.jpg

it occurred when the laptop booted. There's no extra details on the error and it just like that
    That my friend is a blue screen of death. Is it always occurring when you boot it up? If it is, then it sounds like you may have a corrupt installation and would need to reinstall it again.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I haven't had the chance to play around with it yet, but I'm thrilled that the start button is making a return! Honestly, why did they change something that's worked fine for years? Surely they must've known that not everyone would adopt touch computers (handheld devices being the exception).

Oh yeah, is there any merit to these rumours I hear circulating that Windows 7 and 8 users can claim a completely free copy of Windows 10 when it launches later in the year?

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    That my friend is a blue screen of death. Is it always occurring when you boot it up? If it is, then it sounds like you may have a corrupt installation and would need to reinstall it again.

I assure you I downloaded the preview install file from updates and there's no corrupted install file. There's no evidence I downloaded the preview from other source than the updates

Years
  • I assure you I downloaded the preview install file from updates and there's no corrupted install file. There's no evidence I downloaded the preview from other source than the updates
    Even if you did install the source from Microsoft, the image could have still become corrupt somehow, and it may not be the download's fault. It could be anything such as a faulty sector in your hard drive, or even a simple scratch on your install CD that the computer didn't recognize.

Again, I'd say to just try to reinstall it again and see if it works then.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    The thing is; my CD-ROM drive didn't recognize any disc.
    I plan to install next time

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I just upgraded to Build 10041
    Now THIS is what I'm talking 'bout!
    It's actually responsive!
    But seriously, I'm officially stoked for Windows 10, especially for gamers.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    A thanks. That would work too

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I just upgraded to Build 10041
    Now THIS is what I'm talking 'bout!
    It's actually responsive!
    But seriously, I'm officially stoked for Windows 10, especially for gamers.

Yeah you love it for now, unless Secure Boot becomes mandatory after release. Say goodbye to Arch Linux or w/e.

Looks like my next computer is going to be a custom build or a Mac ;O;.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • There was no reason to upgrade to Windows 8, nor is there any for 10. It's a pointless rehash that "fixes" every fuck-up people complained to Microsoft about, and... what? Seriously, what's so innovative about Windows 10 that I should spend hundreds of dollars to buy it?

Windows 7 works fine. If Microsoft was thinking straight they'd release their new 2D GUI as an add-on feature for seven. They have no new ideas and are pandering to shareholders lol

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • There was no reason to upgrade to Windows 8, nor is there any for 10. It's a pointless rehash that "fixes" every fuck-up people complained to Microsoft about, and... what? Seriously, what's so innovative about Windows 10 that I should spend hundreds of dollars to buy it?

Windows 7 works fine. If Microsoft was thinking straight they'd release their new 2D GUI as an add-on feature for seven. They have no new ideas and are pandering to shareholders lol

You do realize Windows 10 is free for those who has 7 or 8 installed on their computer.

Back