• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows 10!

Years
  • Alright, so is anybody else who upgraded from 8.1 (instead of clean install) having the problem where everything is slow to boot from a restart?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I've never been a fan of privacy invasion, so with Microsoft's new do-whatever-we-please "Privacy Policy" I'll happily treat Windows X like the security hole that it is. No thank you.

Expect it to be updated sooner or later for clarification. After all... it's the same old, same old anyway. At least when compared to what you'd get in Windows 8.1 anyway. I wouldn't be paranoid if you ask me. (and you can turn them off if you don't mind losing features.)

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I turned off all the MS spying tools and it seems that disables Cortana as well because I haven't met her yet... :P

Overall I like it, for some basic tinkering the interface is better than 8.1. I've already spent some time customizing my Start Menu with some new tiles. It also looks pretty.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Somewhat I made another account and cortana seems to work on that account ;3

Years
  • I am still not under the belief that Windows 10 is truly free (such as when it comes time for patches to be made), but at the same time I don't think Microsoft would ever charge people to actually use Windows 10.

Years
  • Oh hey, I finally got the upgrade available on my computer...

I think I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. :B
    (Would be today, but I kinda need my computer to still be up and running in a bit, and I'm not going to risk it being caught mid-update. Perhaps I'll start it later tonight.)

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I have already upgraded and it feels and looks much better than Windows 8. The only problem I've faced is that the Store isn't working, but that could be some region issues. I'm trying to find out why I can't download apps.

Years
  • So not counting the hours I slept (since I started this update a bit before I went to bed) ....this update actually took way less time than I thought it would. I was expecting some problems because of all the stuff I've seen and heard happening, but this was actually pretty smooth...no hiccups thus far.

Hopefully nothing ends up breaking and making me eat my words, since I'm absolutely loving what I'm seeing so far, and it's running beautifully.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    So not counting the hours I slept (since I started this update a bit before I went to bed) ....this update actually took way less time than I thought it would. I was expecting some problems because of all the stuff I've seen and heard happening, but this was actually pretty smooth...no hiccups thus far.

Hopefully nothing ends up breaking and making me eat my words, since I'm absolutely loving what I'm seeing so far, and it's running beautifully.

I think you should be mostly set if you do the update the patient way - no queue-jumping.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • If anyone is worried about privacy issues in Windows 10 for whatever reason, here's an article to alleviate these concerns.

I'm surprised that it's even a problem in the first place.
    I like how that article casually refers to people as "privacy fanatics." That's surely an objective perspective right there

It's a larger reflection of society when people prioritize video games over their livelihoods IMHO. But hey, if they want to give themselves away because they believe it won't matter, then who am I to stop them? I'll save myself and be thankful that when that information gets into the wrong hands (because sooner or later, it will happen), they won't have every little fact about me :P

I do everything I need to on Linux, and anything that requires a genuine NT kernel can run in an isolated VM. Problem solved

Years
  • Meh, the installer tool has been stuck on this for me since I'm trying to create Windows 10 to media...

Windows 10!

Years
  • Well, I finally managed to get Windows 10 downloaded and made into an ISO image. Now to burn to a disk (as a backup) so that I can go forward with a clean install!

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    What's the purpose of this next update? It doesn't fix all the flaws I found while joyriding.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I mean today's update. Does it fix several issues that I found like windows store shut itself or taskbar issue

Back