• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows 7 avilable from Microsofts website.

Years
  • lol im not on a computer but i just had to post this
    According to australian sensationalist newspaper mX, windows 7 is avialable for download from the microsoft website until january 24 for free!
    Before they had only 2.5 million downloads avilable but due to the amount of enthuastic people wanting to try w7, they expanded servers and made it unlimited.

:D great news as im guessing its direct download and with the use of a download manager if you want w7, no need for torrents (:

Zet

Years
  • this is extremely old news old chap, though windows 7 beta will expire in august, so I guess no is a good chance to get it and try it on a machine you don't use often as microsoft suggests

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Old news. Windows 7 Beta has been available for around 3 days now. It's awesome sweet :D

edit: haha damn you Zet.

and lol, mX. Such a crappy magazine.

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Humph. My computer's graphics card is a measly 32 MB. I wish I had one of those Asus Vista netbooks. They have a 256 MB Graphics card, 250 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM and an Intel Atom N270 processor 1.6 GHz. All in just 10.2" screen. Pretty heavy, though.

Years
  • Well to continue using it until the official copy is released?

And I'm pretty sure that by just extending its trial period by freezing the BIOS date or something its not illegial as from what i have read microsoft just says that itll expire on August 1st 2009, and that files and stuff may be lost...

Years
  • Oh. XD I never thought they'd release a new update as soon as a new update came.

But I'm guessing if this is a version where there are security holes hackers might just hack this one and patch the bugs ¬.¬

Years
  • old news as mentioned, I'm going to put this onto my computer when I get it back (it is due back from being repaired today or tomorrow I think) and dual boot it with my current OS (XP)

dual booting FTW ^_^

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • I've currently got it on my MacBook. I prefer it to Vista. I haven't been in the mood to put it on my PC yet, I guess I might as well go do it.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I too am running the Windows 7 Beta and so far I am impressed with the new features such as the redesigned paint and also the minimized program preview. This is a dual boot setup since I want to keep Windows Vista running as well for the purpose of having a stable version of Windows in case something goes wrong since with a beta OS you never know.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Currently have it running as my main Windows version in a VMWare machine ustilizing 1 core, and 512 RAM. It runs amazingly well on so few resources, Plus it's an x64 version! (It Plays nice with my MBP!)

Years
  • So we've all had luck with it on older specs? Sounds good. Do you honestly think Microsoft will release the full version when they plan to? Office 07 was scheduled for '06...

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I've partitioned my hard drive and installed the beta this morning, and all seems to be working well so far. I'm using it now, and I'm just having a play around with it. I had to manually install the drivers for my Wireless Adaptor which was kind of annoying, but I'm all set now. I'll probably end up using thi instead of Vista for a while.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm using the thing right now...

It fails at failing, thus in my sense, it wins.

I love how paint was redesigned. The effects are awesomer, and...and..

Where the waffles is Movie Maker? :(

Ah well, I'll just download from Microsoft. What a poey.

Besides a few internet messups and slowdowns as well as some screen colors when opening windows, everything seems to be good. Can't wait for the final release

I think I'm gonna go back to Sprite Comics with this awesome Paint.

Back