• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows Server 2003 end of support

Guest123_x1

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/clock-ticking-on-windows-server-2003-extended-support-timeline/

A month from today, Microsoft will put an end to all support for Windows Server 2003. Reportedly, many businesses are still running this legacy server operating system version. Microsoft is promoting efforts by organizations to migrate to Windows Server 2012 R2 or move server-side services to the cloud.
    The end of support for Server 2003 will likely have a big impact similar to Windows XP's end of support last April. Organizations that do not migrate their server installations will likely face compliance and security issues down the road, as security patches will no longer be issued for the legacy Windows Server version.

Do you know of any Windows Server 2003 installations at your school or workplace? If so, have they planned to migrate to newer server versions?
    Bring up any other points you wish regarding the looming end of support deadline.

When my workplace was setting up their IT department last year, they received a donation of a bunch of old computers from View Newspapers, including two servers. When I inspected these machines, I determined the majority of them were obsolete and thus unusable for our organization. This included the donated servers, both of which were running Windows Server 2003, and had 32-bit only processors (the last 32-bit Windows Server version was the original release of Server 2008), and both originally had Windows 2000 Server, according to the COA labels on them.
    A computer shop that my workplace works with set up a new server for us, with Windows Server 2012 R2 acquired through a software donation program.

Years
    I run a very small-scale server that runs Server 2003. I knew for a fact that support was ending, but I'm still not sure what to think I should do.

Back