• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows Vista

Tyler

PHP Scripter
Years
  • Apple didnt steal anything from Microsoft, Microsoft did. They mostly stole stuff from the new Apple Desktop called OS X Lepard

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • Yeah, Microsoft started the stealing way way back. I personally found Vista Beta 2 very unstable and a resource hog. Plus, it didn't run many of my programs and drivers were unavailable for many of the components I have for my computer. I'll probably test it again when it is a Release Candidate.

Years
  • 10.5(Leopard) Developer's Version blows Vista Beta RC2 out of the water. They are not even in the same ball park. Like Windows is in like lame ball park and Mac is in a good ball park.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • I like totally love Windows Vista.... It like totally runs almost like Mac OS Tiger....

I'm running a Pre-RC1 build like on my Inspiron 9100 and it like totally runs faster than Beta 2. ^^;

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    there is no way i'd install a beta os on my pc :P

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • I like totally won't install Vista Beta on my pirmary XP partition, because I don't want to start over since I like have over 2 GB of The Sims 2 content... =p

I'm still getting Vista on January 30th launch, because I like totally hate XP...

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • *pops out of nowhere*

I was just wondering around the Windows Vista site and decided to download it for no reason at all. O_o

3% done 10 hours and 55 minutes left. O_o

I doubt I'm gonna install this. I'm just gonna burn it to a disk and something...

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Vista, what a joke :P

Iv been enoying some of Vista's features since 1992.

Example the scrollable IconBar.

In fact the IconBar its self iv been using since 1992.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Just ignore stupid people Jake.

Anyways, this new RC sounds really sucky and a step backwards, which is a big turnoff for me.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Windows Flip, after using Expose is totally harder than using Expose since Expose shows all the opened windows with previews without totally flipping through windows like Windows Flip..

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I have to point out that Apple is just as bad as Microsoft. After they came out with all those stupid PC vs Mac ads (which they're still currently churning out) I lost respect for them.

Mac is still, at it's core, a much weaker system. Sure...get some design stuff done on it, but Microsoft will still always hold top dog in the OS field.

Navarr

Pokémon Sensei
    Years
  • I love Windows Vista. It runs rather well (not very slow at all) even when put onto a Pentium 3 computer with no graphics card! (the old one at my grandfathers). So, Windows Vista is cool w/ me.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • I assume you got your tries of running OS X after you told me about your problems with your really old Mac?

And yes, Exposé is admittedly more superior.

I like totally got a new mac mini. o.O

I have to point out that Apple is just as bad as Microsoft. After they came out with all those stupid PC vs Mac ads (which they're still currently churning out) I lost respect for them.

Mac is still, at it's core, a much weaker system. Sure...get some design stuff done on it, but Microsoft will still always hold top dog in the OS field.

I like totally disagree. Macs can run totally run Windows programs using Crossover Office, and Macs can run linux programs if they are recompiled for Unix..

If it was a totally weak OS, then it would be easier for it to get viruses or spyware. Windows may have more programs than Macs, but Macs are safer and better. Most Windows programs made for Windows are like totally poor quality. If you totally don't like it, then use Linux, but it will be totally user unfriendly. =p I like totally try to used it, but It's totally hard to understand.

Windows Vista, like totally uses alot of memory and CPU usage, and it's hardware intensive...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I do have Linux installed on two computers, so I use Mandriva 2006 and Ubuntu. I find both to be very suitable, and OpenOffice is great. For my geeky side, Linux owns. HOWEVER it's definitely not ok for the mainstream user. I'll concede that.

Do you know why Mac is less vulnerable? Because no one uses it. Why would hackers waste their time with a virus that could only rip apart 1% of computer users? If they want to maximize their destruction, then Windows gets their attention.

Furthermore, Mac needs some good server tools.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • I do have Linux installed on two computers, so I use Mandriva 2006 and Ubuntu. I find both to be very suitable, and OpenOffice is great. For my geeky side, Linux owns. HOWEVER it's definitely not ok for the mainstream user. I'll concede that.

Do you know why Mac is less vulnerable? Because no one uses it. Why would hackers waste their time with a virus that could only rip apart 1% of computer users? If they want to maximize their destruction, then Windows gets their attention.

Furthermore, Mac needs some good server tools.

Openoffice, is horrible... even Neooffice totally does not look great. Microsoft Office 2004, is like totally easy enough to use, for me.

Mac OS X already has a webserver.... and viruses/malware won't be able to get through because it requires authorization...

Linux is not for a mainstream user, and it's totally not meant to be. =p

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    If Mac's webserver was that great, it'd be more widely used. It's called Linux and Apache...the best duo out there.

And OpenOffice is not horrible. It's quite workable, although I prefer the eye candy that is Office 2003. Can't wait for 2007.

Back