• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter 08/09 Anime Season Discussion

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Ok, so this is where you can play around and talk about the anime currently airing in this anime season. Exceptions include the anime with already existent threads, of course.

Anime within this season includes:
    1. All anime/OVA/movies that started this season
    2. Any anime that doesn't exceed (or plan to exceed) 52 episodes and hasn't finished. That means no Jump anime.
    3. Oh, mind that this is non-dubs
    Here's a link for those who don't know which shows are airing this season: Click

Also, just to note, the main idea behind this thread is to generate discussion between individual series qualifying the conditions above, not just stating which shows you're watching this season. Otherwise it would result in mass amount of show threads, and another large amount of dead

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • BIRDY!!!!!! =) I loved the original OVA and Decode was hands down the best anime I saw all summer.
    That was the only anime I really watched over the summer. I even got my roomie into it. I liked Natsume Yuchinjou, but I never finished it so. Same with Slayers, but I think I am going to so I can watch Evolution R. I love Hetalia Axis powers so that's on the list too. Rideback is the last thing since I have read the manga.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • There are a few shows this season I might take a look at, but none of them really seem as promising or as appealing compared to the Fall Season lineup.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I tried Kiss x sis, unless you want generic ecchi that will make you puke, I don't recommend it.

rosewisteria

~Cuteness is NOT a crime~
    Years
  • There are a few shows this season I might take a look at, but none of them really seem as promising or as appealing compared to the Fall Season lineup.

It is understandable that the Winter 2009 season doesn't give as many animes since it is the Spring and Fall when the anime season is the busiest. Personally, I have enjoyed Kurokami and Maria Holic, the two with sneak previews. :)

I tried Kiss x sis, unless you want generic ecchi that will make you puke, I don't recommend it.

Kiss x Sis is a waste of time IMO. After watching one episode, I am 100% sure I am not blogging it. There are plenty of other ways to waste one's time. :P

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Kiss x Sis is a waste of time IMO. After watching one episode, I am 100% sure I am not blogging it. There are plenty of other ways to waste one's time. :P
    Yeap like White Album or Akikan, I recommend both. I can't wait till Zoku Natsume Yuchinjou and Decode come out!

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
  • *Dont let the thread die ;_;*

Well by now the first 1-2 episodes of all series planned for this season should have aired. Any changes to the list you guys had at the start of this season? I didn't have to resort to editing my list yet, its still the same three series. I'll skip on Kurokami -- Sunrise seems to have a 6th sense for when an episode is uploaded somewhere so I can't give much of an opinion on it -- I'm already surprised if I return the next day and the episode is still online.

Asu no Yoichi!
    At first this may seem like another romance/ecchi/comedy/harem series (which it in fact is :P) but for me it has this certain something that makes it stand out above other series of the same kind. I think its due to both the fact the manga was a very enjoyable read and the protagonist isn't some weak, spineless wimp but instead a kickass samurai.

Concept said:
    A boy swordsman, Yoichi and his father stays in mountain training for his descent from the mountain. Yoichi comes to the city to lodge and stay with 4 beautiful sisters. A new more severe "training" regiment awaits him.

Personally I consider it an enjoyable series, so if you are a fan of this genre and are looking for a -decent- comedy/romance/ecchi/harem series for a change, give it a try.

Chrome Shelled Regios
    This anime has fantasy setting, its about humankind living in shielded areas called Regios because the world outside got inhabited by 'pollutants' (Gunparade March anyone?). The story focuses on a guy called Layfon Alseif, a boy with quite a hectic past behind him who goes to a new school with the goal of 'starting over' and living a normal live. However, his talents are soon recognized and he gets requited (read: forced) into the 17th platoon. From this point onwards his adventures start.

Well I already had quite high expectations for this one -- and the first episode delivered even more than what I was expecting. Well animated battles, character introduction and glimpse of protagonist's past made it for a thrilling first episode. If you are looking for an action series, give it a go. Even if its just the first episode, watch it. I am pretty sure you'll like it.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Just dropping by to say the Hetelia anime got canceled and the first episode of Rideback is subbed

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Just watched the first three episodes of Maria Holic and Kurokami.

I liked both a lot, so to say. Next in my list, Minami-ke ~Okaeri~.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Haven't started watching anything this season due to being burdened with school work at the first half.
    Is Mariaholic good? Hear it's an all-girl school anime with some tentacle action? (Source: friend, so very likely to be wrong/twisted interpretation.)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Haven't started watching anything this season due to being burdened with school work at the first half.
    Is Mariaholic good? Hear it's an all-girl school anime with some tentacle action? (Source: friend, so very likely to be wrong/twisted interpretation.)

I....don't remember anything about tentacles...
    It's supposed to be a trap anime, main character being the lesbian "i'm going to this all-girls school" and the school-idol trap

so ya, wrong interpretation, but may as well be close enough

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I....don't remember anything about tentacles...
    It's supposed to be a trap anime, main character being the lesbian "i'm going to this all-girls school" and the school-idol trap

so ya, wrong interpretation, but may as well be close enough
    Wait, yuri and cross dressing? I'm there.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • The basic premise Bridget from Guilty Gear becoming a jerk and joining Marimite. That's MariaHolic ina nutshell...

Or Marimite on Prozac...
    Well, it doesn't help that...

Spoiler:

Back