• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Isn't Delibird a snowy owl. I would still like a new snowy owl but it would be hard to make it more awesome than delibird. Now if only delibird could actully battle i think it could rule the world with its cutenes

This picture attached is just one example of the cuteness/awesomsauce of delibird. I think i may be a bit obsessed. ;p

Actually Delibird has been defined as more of a Penguin than a snowy owl and two be honest I've never looked at it in turns of it being an owl

Bulbapedia said:
    Delibird is a red penguin-like Pokémon ....

Aspects of Delibird's appearance appear to come from the Rockhopper Penguin. However, its red and white color scheme, its ability to give presents, and the appearance of carrying its sack-like tail may have been derived from Santa Claus. Delibird may have also been inspired by puffins, which are penguin-like birds that still have the ability to fly.

Although never really used it in my team I really liked how it gives presents which blow up as an attack

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Like Zappyspiker, I've always considered Delibird more as Penguin than as a Snowy Owl, and I like it more as a Penguin Pokemon than Piplup. But I guess Piplup was made because Delibird wasn't penguin enough. :( I've always wanted to use Delibird on a team myself but never really got around to doing so. baw.

Skip Class

Years
    Like Zappyspiker, I've always considered Delibird more as Penguin than as a Snowy Owl, and I like it more as a Penguin Pokemon than Piplup. But I guess Piplup was made because Delibird wasn't penguin enough. :( I've always wanted to use Delibird on a team myself but never really got around to doing so. baw.

I guess I thought of Delibird as the Penguin Pokemon but then along came piplup and I thought it if more as the main penguin pokemon compared to Delibird.

I remember trying to catch one in crystal and for some reason I would always accidentally make it fain xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Personally I like Delibird more than Piplup as a Penguin, but that's just me. xD; I don't think I've ever had a problem catching Delibird. I think I had trouble catching Sneasel the most, but that was a given. It was in Crystal (I think?) trying so long to try to catch a Sneasel in the Ice Cave. I forget the reason why, since they're at Mt. Silver, but I don't remember if Sneasel was able to be caught there on Crystal or not.

Skip Class

Years
    Personally I like Delibird more than Piplup as a Penguin, but that's just me. xD; I don't think I've ever had a problem catching Delibird. I think I had trouble catching Sneasel the most, but that was a given. It was in Crystal (I think?) trying so long to try to catch a Sneasel in the Ice Cave. I forget the reason why, since they're at Mt. Silver, but I don't remember if Sneasel was able to be caught there on Crystal or not.

Haha that happened to me too. It was the time after I had caught Delibird, I tried to catch a sneasel in Crystal but all these Delibird and Swinub kept popping up. Though eventually I was able to catch it... though it too so long :/

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Silly Sneasel and it's hiding skills. I don't remember why I wasted so much time trying to catch one, since I never put it on my team afterwards. Now that I think about it, I haven't had an Ice Pokemon on my team in... a looong time (is ever). I should really change that the next time I get a chance to. Other than Delibird, I've always wanted to use Dewgong, Cloyster, Lapras, and Froslass. At least. Though if you count Colosseum I used Piloswine for a good while during the Challenge event in the Challenge forum.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Yeah i think of delibird as a cross between penguin and owl cause penguins cant fly. Also i have used froslass, lapras, walrein, weaville and beartic in my teams. :D

Skip Class

Years
    Yeah i think of delibird as a cross between penguin and owl cause penguins cant fly.

I already said it before, Delibirds are across between Puffins, Rockhopper Penguins and Santa Claus xD :

Bulbapedia said:
    Aspects of Delibird's appearance appear to come from the Rockhopper Penguin. However, its red and white color scheme, its ability to give presents, and the appearance of carrying its sack-like tail may have been derived from Santa Claus. Delibird may have also been inspired by puffins, which are penguin-like birds that still have the ability to fly.

As for the Ice Pokemon that have been in my team:
    White: Vanillish + Beartic had epic help in Mistralton Gym and especially Opelucid Gym
    Crystal + HG: Caught a Lapras on a Friday and turned out pretty useful as both an Ice and Water type.
    Diamond + HG + Crystal: My ace ice type - Sneasel, helps me so much in catching roaming legendaries and using False Swipes to help me catch Pokemon.

Other ones I've had on my team are Abomasnow and Piloswine but they were on my team for a short time. I've caught others but didn't really use them much.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ahhh, I remember using Abomasnow! But it was only for a little while, because he wasn't really doing too much for my team, he leveled up slowly, and I ended up restarted the file I was trying to use him. xD; You would think that Abomasnow would be a little more useful with that ability of his, but his 4x weakness to Fire is a bit of a killer imo.

Skip Class

Years
    I remember using him cause I caught him at like Level 50 and my pokemon were pretty under leveled at the point of time, loved him for a bit, then in came a flamethower and I kicked him outta the team... sorry Abomasnow xD

Skip Class

Years
    You know I never thought about doing an Ice Mono, but now you mention it Hail will have great use for your team in Ice Mono especially seeing as it won't damage your team but it'll hit your opponents (Unless they have Ice Pokemon of course :D)

Skip Class

Years
    I can't say which Abilities related to Ice pokemon are my favoruite. Ice Body increases your HP in a hailstorm, Snow Cloak is like buizel when it's raining but instead of speed, raises evasiveness making it harder to hit your pokemon and Snow Warning releases hailstorm....

I like Snow Warning but only if my team has a lot of ice pokemon and I have abomaas my starting pokemon. But out of them my favourite would have to be Snow Cloak - I love evasiveness xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    This really makes me tempted to try out an Ice Team on PO or something, because I know I would be too lazy to try to make one in a game. xD It would give me a chance to use more Ice Types as well, since (as I've said before) I've rarely used any Ice Types despite how much I've enjoyed their designs and everything.

Skip Class

Years
    but Ice is generally terrible in defense and great in attack @-@

That's why I like Ice types, generally good Special Attack and Special Defence. Especially why I have Sneasel in the front of my team. Epic quickness and strikes hard with an attack:3

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    While these abilities are good I think a new ability to do with hail should be introduced. Lets see maybe Ice Guard - Raises defence is hail. Also i always thought hail shouldnt hit fire types as they could burn it before it hit them, just something i have been thinking about :]

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    That's why I like Ice types, generally good Special Attack and Special Defence. Especially why I have Sneasel in the front of my team. Epic quickness and strikes hard with an attack:3

But, Cloyster breaks that trend xD Cloyster is the most notably DEFENSIVE Ice type out there with THE highest defense stat of any Ice type and the 4th highest out of all Pokemon (behind Shuckle, Steelix, and Regirock).

And to Ciax. Wasn't hail "supposively" gonna give a bonus to defense in 5th gen? o.O I heard that rumor somewhere. I can't remember where. Nyeh. It would have been pretty sweet. And I reluctantly admit to that fire thing

Skip Class

Years
    But, Cloyster breaks that trend xD Cloyster is the most notably DEFENSIVE Ice type out there with THE highest defense stat of any Ice type and the 4th highest out of all Pokemon (behind Shuckle, Steelix, and Regirock).

Sometimes I forget about Cloyster, it's defence stat is huge! With the added ability of Shell Armor, Cloyster is really a powerful defensive pokemon :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back