• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wisdom teeth

TardisHobo

piranhapunk
Years
  • Mine started coming in last year. I got them taken out... I was put under so no pain, but holy cow, was there pain afterwards! I was so scared... mostly because I had a concert to go to a week after I got them out, I was worried I'd be in pain for the show! I wasn't. It was over with quick. ^__^

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • According to Wikipedia, wisdom teeth normally come in between the ages of 17-25. I'm slap-bang in the middle of that, and so far: no wisdom teeth have emerged. The article also says that 35% of the population will never develop wisdom teeth, and I hope to God that I'm one of them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • tmi ahoy!

Getting my wisdom teeth out was one of the best things that happened to me. 8D; I got them all out in one operation when I was about 16 but I had to go off all my meds before the procedure. This meant I was also off hormonal pills and I ended up getting my period which also meant the horrible cramps I am plagued with every month. The Tylenol 3 they'd prescribed did nothing for any of my pain. So I went back to the orthodontist and I was prescribed percocet to help me deal and not only did it totally fix the pain in my mouth, but my cramps were gone too. :') Percocet has been my painkiller of choice ever since. It's pretty much the only thing I've ever found that works, despite trying tons of other medications. (Yeah, it's not ideal, but oh well.)

Also, I thought going under for the procedure was pretty much the coolest thing that ever happened to me. They were leaning in to start when the anesthesia set in and I remember thinking "oh god oh god I'm still awake don't start" and what felt like literally the same second, I was being ushered out of the chair and into the side room to recover. Neato!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I liked the brief bout with double vision I had after the procedure.

I only took painkillers for a day though. I wasn't in pain, and they made me really angry. Family says I turned into the incredible Hulk.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • I have all my adult teeth and was quite happy to find after x-rays (to the surprise of my dentist) that they simply do not exist in my skull, my mother was the same, so very lucky I guess.

Zeus

Back