• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wished, Aimed, Achieved - Forever's Sexytography

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    FOREVER'S GALLERY

ABOUT

[Css-div=letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:2px;]
    FEATURINGOlympus SP-600 UZ
    ▪ Some of you may remember my last photography thread here - since then I've tried new things and actually got a new camera which is 100x better, in my opinion. The camera I use now is Olympus SP-600 UZ. It has 15x zoom, with a 12mp quality of photos. As for this gallery, I'll be going from mostly newest to oldest (stemming back to new years eve). So yeah, comments? etc.

PHOTOGRAPHY

Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ I played around with the colour settings on this, and I think the street light well, makes it turn out better, sorta? Idk that's how I see it.[/div]
    Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ I took this one not too long ago - I mainly took it as a test to heighten the iso and see how that would turn out tbh.[/div]
    Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ Another testing shot kinda.[/div]
    Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ I really love something about this shot and I'm not quite sure, but I think everything in it just fits really, and the colours look really natural (since well, it is natural).[/div]
    Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ This one I really like because I think although it has a centre positioning, it's contrasted against the lighter background and the other colours which I think kind of works well, idk.[/div]
    Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ Could've made the lizard look better. That's all.[/div]
    Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ Dark, I know. It'd look better if it was lighter but yeah, I wanted to mainly capture the waterdrop.[/div]
    Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ This one actually works out better than the previous one, capturing the light perfectly. To me.[/div]
    Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ This would loook 100x better if I had higher mp to make the ants stand out better. :x[/div]
    Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ Parrot is dark :([/div]
    Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ Yeah this moth... well, it seems kind of artistic even though it's upside down?[/div]
    Click Here & Click Here
    Comments
    ▪ Last two - sparkler shots. :3 I like them kinda.[/div]

[/div]​

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • This one is my favorite, I love the way the water shines, and I think it's got great position and lighting.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Years
  • It is about time you made a gallery, isn't it. As usual, Nica, you take lovely photos, but the reason I am here is to rip them apart so you can use the techniques to take EVEN BETTER PICTURES! 8D

Picture One
    This is a very strange picture, haha. The sky just makes it feel weird. I can't really say much about it, because for what you are trying to do, you have excited it fine. What I would say is, if this sky does come back, try to get some landscape pictures, or something that isn't directly looking at the sky. Then you will have a nice contrast.

Picture Two
    Your DoF is good here. I do like it. Some things to note are, the flower looks a little fuzzy in parts, where I think it should be in focus. For example, the bottom left hand leaf. Nice picture though.

Picture Three
    Lighting is good, DoF is good, all seems good to me. I know the twig on the bottom is blurry, but I think that adds to the effect of the picture.

Picture Four
    For me, this picture is too bland and the focusing is off. I think I can see what you have been trying to do and you have nearly pulled it off. Next time, try and take a little bit more time focusing your picture. And what the hell is that thing off center of the picture going straight up? IT looks like a stick of wood or something. O_o

Picture Five
    A nice little picture. I like the light blurring from behind. Only problem I have with the picture, is one side is slightly blurred, and the other isn't. Either this is just due to the log been to far away on the right for the camera/you to focus, or you didn't notice it. Either way, it would have been best if both or none were blurred, IMO.

Picture Six
    Can't really say much about this picture, really, mainly because nothing much is happening. But it is well executed for what it is.

Picture Seven
    Very nice idea, but your lighting has let you down, I think. If you had increased the iso, or, had a soft flash to the picture, then the leaves would have come out nicely and I bet you would have had a nice reflection from the water as well. Maybe play around with some of the settings in those environments?

Picture Eight
    Maybe it is just because I have woken up, but due to the blurring of the DoF is making my eyes go fuzzy! ><
    I would say, maybe center it and bring it down in the picture a little more, and that might make it less on the eyes. Just a thought.

Picture Nine
    Nice idea, but your focusing is a little off and it would have been worth maybe going closer to the ants? Your DoF needed to be less harsh on closer objects.

Picture Ten
    AHHH! BEAUTIFULLY COLOURED PICTURE, but the blasted parrot is too dark! T_T
    ISO ISO ISO is needed to be increased here. I am guessing to about, 500, if it was at 400. Just a 100 more than it was when taken should do the trick.

Picture Eleven
    You lighting is a bit strange here, but the one thing I don't like is the harshness of your DoF. It is a little too overkill for what you are focusing on.

Picture Twelve
    And Pwetty! :3
    Can't really add anything to that I don't think. Just experiment with the shutter speed to see what effects you can get. Try a slow shutter speed on picture like this. ;)

New Pictures
    Picture One

Depth of Field, depth of field, DEPTH OF FIELD! XD
    I will keep nagging at you until you get it right!

Picture Two
    Background is very noisy and grainy. This is the first thing you would need to address when taking pictures, since they can ruin your photos. I am sure you know how to do it?

Picture Three
    I sound like a broken record. You Depth of Field is wrong, IMO. You have focused on something in the middle of the front and the back distance. So, the camera is just blurring everything that isn't within a few millimeters of the focus. Please try and use manual focus, you get so much more freedom.

Picture Four
    YAAAAAAAAY! Correct.
    Personally, I think you have correctly used your focusing, lighting and positioning here. Well done. Love it.

Picture Five
    Nice picture, a little dark, but nothing that can't be sorted with a 1/4 flash, I think.

Picture Six
    Interesting. Loving the water on the branches, but the shadows of the, what ever it is, kill the picture for me. I want to see something like this again, but perfect, because it would make a lovely picture.

Picture Seven
    ... Much like this picture! I spoke too soon!
    Only problem is the twig/branch at the front if blurred due to your focusing. Would have been best in focus, if not, out of shot all together.

You are a very good photographer, Nica. You just need to maybe take a few more seconds thinking about the scene and what settings might be needed. If there is one thing you need to work on, it is your depth of field. You seem to like your pictures with that in. You don't need to have every picture with it, use it in moderation and if the picture really needs it. Don't forget, it gives a feeling of exclusion and loneliness. So think about what emotions you are trying to display and express, and then go from there.

Excuse me while I die from typing too much.​

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I'm not much into Photography for the moment (still wanting to get back into it) so this isn't going to be massive in depth comments and cnc, but it seems, as a whole, that your photography is kinda blurry / not very crisp. Maybe this is just the camera, but if you are using manual focus, spend as much time as you can trying to get that perfect amount so it is beautiful and sharp. Also maybe invest in a tripod if the quality is lower perhaps because of slight movements in the camera and a low shutter speed.

https://i.imgur.com/8lCsw.png
    This one is by far my favourite from you. It has the best crispness/quality of the set which immediately makes it stand out from the rest, and the concept and framing of the shot just seems to flow much better. The majority of the rest could've been positioned differently, which I felt would've improved them much more. Like the lizard one, it is a pretty plain sort of photo, however with a different angle, it could've helped the photo as a whole heaps!

So yeah, aim on getting the best quality you can in a photo and make sure the focal is nice and sharp, and spend a bit more time, perhaps even taking multiple shots of the same thing from all different angles and distances and stuff to try and mix it up / find the best way to present the photo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I got inspired by Fabio's POTF entry. It kinda sucks, buuut...

Best I could get on this camera after fiddling around with some settings. :(

It was without DOF for once. And yet it looks like it has it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's of this thing that keeps the fish pond fresh..XD

Years
  • I got inspired by Fabio's POTF entry. It kinda sucks, buuut...

Glad I inspired you! :3
    It is a shame, because the lighting makes it hard to see what is going on, really. :/
    But I guess you can't do much about it with your settings.

Why don't you try a picture like this, but in a well lit area? =]​

Back