• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Witchcraft.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Do you practice witchcraft? Do you have little shrines in your house that you use to contact those living on the other side? Do you brew potions and have spell books?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I do. I also enchant weapons, craft potions of poison frenzy, use my staff to kill Daedra and fight off wolves. I also eat Spell tomes. I once broke my alchemy table after creating an aversion to frost potion in which was so powerful it burned through the old mahogany wood the table was made from.

But when I'm not playing Skyrim? Not something I practice.

Last edited:

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Unlike some I'm actually going to answer this seriously.
    Yes, I do practice Witchcraft occasionally, I have friends who are Wiccans and they kinda dragged me into it a few years back.
    Those shrine things are creepy I wouldn't dream of having one I'd die of fright or something.
    I've never brewn a potion and I don't have any spell books either because I'm a bad witch duh.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    The only witchcraft I practice is Harry Potter witchcraft. Other than that, you won't see me with any shrines or thing-a-ma-jigs, I find that too weird to even bother. Just the thought of it is...blergh.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I used to want to believe in that, but I couldn't probably. Considering paranormality in general btw, I'm not sure what I believe in still.

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
    I am a Spiritualistic Pagan (Wiccan), so yes I have a couple spell books in all honesty. My best friend is who really got me interested in it.

It isn't as if I believe in using it for bad, but I know some of it works, but I wouldn't say it is because of "Magic" I would say it's because of a Pagan belief that states what ever your mind TRULY believes (You have to believe in this 100% with NO DOUBT) that the mind will achieve, sounds cheesy, but it's true from what I've seen.

Anyway, I don't have a shrine, or any means to contact the dead, I have everything I want here living, I have no need to contact them. Though I do love cemeteries and have used ghost tracking devices before, which was creepy, because my friend was using one too and it said "Hello" and she says "Who are you" it or rather he replied "Thomas" she then replied "Where are you" all he said was "Three" and the presence disappeared. We couldn't figured out until we went to the third row of the cemetery and there was a tomb stone that said "Thomas Jennings" (I forgot his last name on the stone in all honesty, but it started with a J, this happened last year ;-; )

Though I would be curious to find out what happened to me in past lives.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    When I was ~14 a lot of my friends were witches in that they practiced Wicca. I was really interested but not so much because I actually believed it worked but just because I thought it was a cool idea that I could be a witch. I never got into it enough to do more than draw pentagrams though, haha. My friends would do spells and such but I never did it with them.

Years
    I haven't ever practised any form of witchcraft but I am very interested in it. I have a few Wicca spell books lying around which have always been interesting to read. I think it's just nice to see a more abstract religion than just one saying "This is god. Pray to god. Get rewarded after x amount of time.".
    I thought about attempting to get involved in it at some point but you had to go out and buy stuff like incenses and crystals and oils and I just couldn't be bothered.

Ayselipera

I once went to Salem (famous witch town for those who don't know) and met a real witch who did these group spells. So I went with a group and she handed us all string and did some spell where we made a wish on it and then had to keep the string or bury it so the wish would come true. I lost the string and my wish came true anyway, but that was because I went about it myself... lol

Besides that moment I don't actively practice witchcraft sadly.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    When I was a kid my cousin and I tried witchcraft (to no success). It was just a fun thing for us to do. I think witchcraft is kind of cool. I wouldn't mind trying it again. :]

Years
    I did dabbled a little in Wicca when I was in high school. I liked the concepts behind it, especially all the fun paraphernalia, but I could never quite get into really believing in it so eventually it ended up in that forgotten place where all my past interests go when I move on to something else.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    nope, although i did try to get into the craft once, just for the experience of it. i went to this wiccan website, and it offered instructions on a simple, but neat, "trick." it was something that i should perform while lying down and, if done properly, i was apparently supposed to float on mid-air. i never found it to work though, so that was the end of that.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    When I was 15 I was heavily obsessed with the TV show Charmed. Also that year my cat got sick and I was freaking the Hell out. So I started writing little rhyming enchantments like they do on the show and saying them aloud to try and will her to live lol. I knew it wasn't going to work, it was just a psychological way for me to feel like I was helping somewhat, but it felt good to say them and feel like I was making a difference (even though I knew it wasn't true). It's kind of what I imagine prayer does for people. Lets them feel useful.

But other than that, nope, no witchcraft. Unless running around yelling Harry Potter spells counts :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Nope. The closest thing I am to a "witch" is that we probably share a lot of the same values. I'm interested in the Wiccan religion, but I've never actually had the time to get down and study it, and see if it is something that I would seriously be interested in taking up. But even then, it wouldn't be casting spells or any of that nonsense, it hardly ever is.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    No, not at all. My friends who are Wiccan tried to get me into it, but it just wasn't my thing. it's interesting, and the herbal remedies are neat, but other than that, they would literally have to drag me to their little shrines to do the crafts. I didn't get any healthier nor did my love life improve, but I did get one Hell of an herbal chicken recipe thanks to all of the herbs they threw on me (which they didn't find too funny).

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
    To a Wiccan High Preistess, this is very very offensive to some of the remarks, but eh, you can't win 'em all, right? Coexist, Coexist.
    But anyways, yes I do. I have for years. And I take it very seriously. Just like Christians take their religion seriously, so do we.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Er... no. Sorry. As nice as it would be, I wouldn't know where to begin with the whole potion-black cat-pointy hat thing those witches have going on. I have read the Road Dahl book The Witches, but that's probably the closest I'm going to get to the real thing.

Back