• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Without evolution, would Pokémon still appeal to you?

Mentalii

Back
Years
  • I can't imagine Pokemon without the evolution feature... For example, if there wasn't evolution, would there be Squirtle, Wartortle or Blastoise? I can't envisage one of them without the other.
    And if there really weren't evolutions, I believe I would love Pokemon nevertheless, it would stay a magical world...

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • Really it all depends on whether there would be Pokemon like Blastoise, Lucario, Jolteon, and Dugtrio and they simply would not evolve, or if we were stuck with Squirtle, Riolu, Eevee, and Diglett. Since the Pokemon are the main reason I was drawn to Pokemon (and still like it), if evolved Pokemon were taken away, it would turn me off to the whole series.

Years
  • I think I would still like it, there are some great Pokemon out there that are first stages, and some out there that even now don't evolve.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    No. Absolutely not. I think that the evolution is one of the fact that made Pokèmon so famous and popular. I mean, when I was a kid, the evolutions fascinated me. Mostly when I didn't know what Pokemon they would evolve to. It was sort of surprise, you know.

I'd rather say, that I'd have preferred if they hadn't invented some of the pre-evos... for example Bonsly and Mime Jr.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • i have to say i would not like pokemon without evolutions. it adds a lot to the game and makes you have goals to train your pokemon, plus the animation when the poke evolves is cool. as stated previosly evolution has been part of pokemon since 1st generation and would definitely not be the same without evolution.

ShinkoNet

Guinea Pigs Chester and Curry!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2011
    One of this things that kept me playing pokemon was, of course, Evolution.
    So I guess you know which side im on...

NO! It wouldn't appeal to me!

Last edited:
    Back