• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Woah, woah, woah, WHAT?!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I had beaten the league and saved and when i turned it on I was standing near the entrance of the league and had to battle all over again.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    When I was playing Platinum yesterday, for kicks I decided to ride around in Jubilife. I spazzed out on the D-Pad and my game froze for several seconds (to my surprise) and the screen went white, which completely locked up the game. Since I had saved before doing it, I restarted the game, and an entire portion of Jubilife was in an unwalkable void (which completely surprised me, as the void isn't supposed to be accessible in Platinum, much less without doing anything). Leaving to Route 204 and coming back in fixed the problems.

I know that was Gen IV, but it still applies (somewhat).

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Togepi used thunder wave on the cartridge.

The only logical answer.

This.

It really is a coincidence that an electric attack managed to trigger it somehow.. xD;

Sucks that you lost your game file, though. D: Really.

It's so weird, though.. I always read posts/stories about how that happened to people during game play so randomly, and to quite a few people who have played the games. Yet out of my 12 years of Pokemon playing, I've never had that happen once.. >_>; not even a lock up without file corruption. ..of course I probably just jinxed myself, but yeah. Weird stuff. x_x;

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013

This.

It really is a coincidence that an electric attack managed to trigger it somehow.. xD;

Sucks that you lost your game file, though. D: Really.

It's so weird, though.. I always read posts/stories about how that happened to people during game play so randomly, and to quite a few people who have played the games. Yet out of my 12 years of Pokemon playing, I've never had that happen once.. >_>; not even a lock up without file corruption. ..of course I probably just jinxed myself, but yeah. Weird stuff. x_x;

Haha, It would have made the most sense when he FROZE the other pokemon

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
    That happened to me once!

I had just gotten back from the pokemon 10th birthday celebration (best day of my LIFE!!) and I played one of the games I got loaded up with awesome pokemon (happened to be the one I had celebi on) and 'poof' it all goes away.

Like any ten year old, I go to my mom and say, 'mom, my game went away, can you fix it?'

Sorry buddy ):

Arcta

Shiny Champion - Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    b.u.m.p just here to help people bump :)

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    mmm sorry to all of you, i think i´m very lucky because never happen to me, and hopefully stays the same...

Woah, woah, woah, WHAT?! Woah, woah, woah, WHAT?! Woah, woah, woah, WHAT?! Woah, woah, woah, WHAT?! Woah, woah, woah, WHAT?! Woah, woah, woah, WHAT?!

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
    I was really wanting to use a clefairy before this thread. I'm having second guesses because I don't want to use metronome now!

LMPVIII

Now accepting B/W battles
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    well that sucks... you must have been really far too if you had a togepi

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    At the time, my Sapphire was storage, and it had Pokemon that were at least three years old, so you can only imagine.

Oh I know how that feels. My silver was like that, I had three beloved level 100s all my favorite pokemon from my very first Yellow game(one of which as Windy my pigeot, one of my three level 100s, and the very first pokemon I ever caught in any game) there as well as a full pokedex, and a 17 time elite four champion.

So a few years ago I think I was wanting to do some kind of trade, I had a special box full of trade duds, and I was crushed when I turned Silver on after a long time of not playing it to find only 'New Game" and "Options" staring at me. My many times restarted gold had already died before it, which I discovered on the way home from visiting my best friend at college. I had emailed my guy friend not knowing what it was and he told me was the save battery.

My silver was a different story, I had LOVED that game and all my pokemon in it. I think that is what took most of my will for Pokemon up until a couple years ago when I got DS and Pearl, and now when I have been getting back into Crystal.

It's strange to hear about this person's misfortune. My guy friend, the one whom I emailed when I had not known what was happening upon discovering my gold dead, told me in his response that it was a result of a faulty battery type or something of that kind, a problem that was corrected in Crystal on, which makes sense considering my crystal is still fine today as is the rest of my games including actually my original three games. Gold and Silver might have been the only culprits.

Silversmearglesplatter here was very very lucky to have discovered his game to have been fine after freaking out. I am jealous. And as for the topic starter that is really rotten luck, I feel you as I remember my silver. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Pirated cartridges are known for save problems and general weirdness. Do you have one? They're all over the used market.

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Pirated cartridges are known for save problems and general weirdness. Do you have one? They're all over the used market.

That's true, especially after being in the emerald corrupt file thread I should have thought of that about this person. If your cartridge is used or was purchased online than there is a chance of it being pirated and thus unstable.

Years
    Ugh.
    No, thank heavens this hasn't happened to me. I once came close in my Emerald (or was it Ruby?), but that was just a saved-while-battery-died thing.
    Although... My Silver died. But the dying process was sped up by the fact that... Mmf...
    It ended up in the washing machine.
    I was furious. Though a few years later, I got Gold off a family friend, which still works.
    Back on topic, I've never had this problem with FRLG. I've Action-Replay-Raped FireRed, and the only times it glitched was while I was actually using it, and it never deleted the save file.

Evildarkkai

I didn't get a chance...
    Years
    Lol i was playing emerald and i was trying to catch rayquaza, but i used my masterball already (Poor old inexperienced me) and i caught it , and i jumped and i went YAY and then i dropped my Gbsp and the cartridge snapped and i just stared at it .0.0

Back